Falconsfan567

Purdue vs. Auburn (Music City Bowl)

23 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Yo_Lover said:

That was stupid. I didn't expect to watch a murder today.

The best way to describe the speed difference was like watching Deion Sanders race Fat Albert. Stunned that the Big 10 is still so slow!!

RedandBlack4Life! likes this

26 minutes ago, Carter said:

Was out with my dad and the kids for my son’s birthday today. Glanced over at the tv while we were eating and saw 63-14 and did one of these...

1367.gif

At one point in the 2nd quarter Auburn was up 42-7. Auburn had scored 5 touchdowns on 5 possessions an had a total TOP of less than 5 minutes. I have never ever in my life seen anything like it.

• 66 Yard TD Pass (3 Plays, 75 Yards, 1:03)
  • 2 Yard TD Run (9 Plays, 87 Yards, 2:10)
  • 1 Yard TD Run (3 Plays, 18 Yards, 0:28)
  • 74 Yard TD Pass (2 Plays, 75 Yards, 0:37)
  • 52 Yard TD Pass (2 Plays, 44 Yards, 0:41)

48 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

At one point in the 2nd quarter Auburn was up 42-7. Auburn had scored 5 touchdowns on 5 possessions an had a total TOP of less than 5 minutes. I have never ever in my life seen anything like it.

• 66 Yard TD Pass (3 Plays, 75 Yards, 1:03)
  • 2 Yard TD Run (9 Plays, 87 Yards, 2:10)
  • 1 Yard TD Run (3 Plays, 18 Yards, 0:28)
  • 74 Yard TD Pass (2 Plays, 75 Yards, 0:37)
  • 52 Yard TD Pass (2 Plays, 44 Yards, 0:41)

That is crazy. How in the world did Purdue boat race Ohio State???

m2Falcons likes this

The Big 10 really is slow except for Ohio State. They are the only team that I think could go into the SEC and not immediately be a 4 loss team. Ohio State is pretty much guaranteed to lose a stupid one every year that they shouldn't, but there is a reason they have won the conference 3/5 years and been very close the other 2 years. 

Put Auburn in the Big 10 West and they win it pretty much every year. Maybe not the East, but definitely the West. 

8 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

The Big 10 really is slow except for Ohio State. They are the only team that I think could go into the SEC and not immediately be a 4 loss team. Ohio State is pretty much guaranteed to lose a stupid one every year that they shouldn't, but there is a reason they have won the conference 3/5 years and been very close the other 2 years. 

Put Auburn in the Big 10 West and they win it pretty much every year. Maybe not the East, but definitely the West. 

I completely disagree. I can name 4 or 5 games that Ohio State should have lost this year or they won in a less than impressive fashion.

• at Penn State - W 27-26 - Scored the game-winning TD with only 2;03 left in the game. Penn State was 9-3 (6-3)
  • vs. Indiana - W 49-26 - They were only up 35-26 at the end of 3 quarters. Indiana was 5-7 (2-7)
  • vs. Nebraska - W 36-31 - Nebraska was 4-8 (3-6)
  • at Maryland - W 52-51 (OT) - Scored the tying TD to force OT with 40 seconds left and then won after Maryland missed a 2-point conversion. Maryland was 5-7 (3-6).

Add in that they lost to Purdue who ended up 6-7 (5-4) and Ohio State is simply not very good good. If they played in the SEC they wouldn't have won more than 8 games this year.

m2Falcons likes this

11 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I completely disagree. I can name 4 or 5 games that Ohio State should have lost this year or they won in a less than impressive fashion.

• at Penn State - W 27-26 - Scored the game-winning TD with only 2;03 left in the game. Penn State was 9-3 (6-3)
  • vs. Indiana - W 49-26 - They were only up 35-26 at the end of 3 quarters. Indiana was 5-7 (2-7)
  • vs. Nebraska - W 36-31 - Nebraska was 4-8 (3-6)
  • at Maryland - W 52-51 (OT) - Scored the tying TD to force OT with 40 seconds left and then won after Maryland missed a 2-point conversion. Maryland was 5-7 (3-6).

Add in that they lost to Purdue who ended up 6-7 (5-4) and Ohio State is simply not very good good. If they played in the SEC they wouldn't have won more than 8 games this year.

I mean year in and year out Ohio State is the only one that could come in and compete. Maybe not this year, but Ohio State wouldn't be a 4 loss team in the SEC every year. They are the only Big 10 team that I think you can say that about. 

1 hour ago, tl;dr said:

I mean year in and year out Ohio State is the only one that could come in and compete. Maybe not this year, but Ohio State wouldn't be a 4 loss team in the SEC every year. They are the only Big 10 team that I think you can say that about. 

And I disagree. I was just using this year as an example of that. I can use other years as well. I can use Ohio State's track record vs. the SEC to prove it.

• vs. Alabama = 1-3
  • vs. Arkansas = 1-0
  • vs. Auburn = 0-1-1
  • vs. Florida = 0-2
  • vs. Georgia = 0-1
  • vs. Kentucky = 2-0
  • vs. LSU = 1-1-1
  • vs. Mississippi State = Never Played
  • vs. Ole Miss = Never Played
  • vs. South Carolina = 0-2
  • vs. Tennessee = 0-1
  • vs. Vanderbilt = 1-1

Ohio State's all-time record against the SEC is 6-13-2. Yeah, we're talking about over 100 years worth of games but the point is, Ohio State has never done well against the SEC and I think if they were in the SEC they would be on the level of Auburn. About 8 wins average with the occasional year where they contend for NC.