Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spts1

Sarkisian never had a chance in Atlanta

144 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Most talented roster in falcon history was 1980.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/atl/1980_roster.htm

this according to MR and Rise up marketing slogan brass. Our rushing offense should not be as bad as it is. Cant get one yard on the GL, cant convert on 3rd downs, barely cant touch 100 yards per game total. This is why the saints passed us up. The refusal to address RT, LG, and RG over and over is a none sense approach.

3 hours ago, 175_Ranger_Falcon said:

Julio and Ridley also had crucial drops some led to interceptions during that stretch. We also couldn’t run the ball worth a ****. But let’s blame Sark 

Good OC's change and overcome the limitations that are presented to them. I keep using Bill Walsh as the example. Look at the history of WCO and where it came from during his time as Bengals OC. Sark on the other hand can't even run an up tempo offense to keep the other team from blitzing the Falcons to death.

On 12/28/2018 at 8:40 AM, Jpg428gggg said:

The only thing I feel that is out of his control is Quinn's inability to know when to be aggressive vs. play conservative. Ever since the Super Bowl, Quinn seems like he is all over the place when it comes to being aggressive or playing it safe. In today's NFL, you have to play aggressive for most of the game because teams are scoring at a record pace. I hate when we get late in the games and we run on 1st and 2nd down then expect Ryan to convert a 3rd and long. I know it is a pipe dream, but this is why I wouldn't mind someone like Kubiak being our offensive coordinator. I feel like he has been around long enough to where Quinn would listen to him when it comes to late game strategy.

Quinn is, frankly, a complete b00b in terms of game management. Much like the leap from college to the pros, some people making the leap from coordinator to coach just can't hack it. He's one of those guys. He's had plenty of time to figure out how to manage a football game, and all of that experience hasn't taught him anything, he's still floundering and derping all over the place. If he hasn't caught on by now he never will.

Falconsfan567, Osiruz and Vandy like this

1 hour ago, osiruz said:

this according to MR and Rise up marketing slogan brass. Our rushing offense should not be as bad as it is. Cant get one yard on the GL, cant convert on 3rd downs, barely cant touch 100 yards per game total. This is why the saints passed us up. The refusal to address RT, LG, and RG over and over is a none sense approach. 

Yet you claim we are most talented offense ever? 

24 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Yet you claim we are most talented offense ever? 

Our most talented ever yes, this is per every metric and team sources. Poor baby Sarky didn't bring in his own retread Olinemen, and waste high picks on rbs and hood ornament wrs. He can be a victim elsewhere. 

Just now, osiruz said:

Our most talented ever yes, this is per every metric and team sources. Poor baby Sarky didn't bring in his own retread Olinemen, and waste high picks on rbs and hood ornament wrs. He can be a victim elsewhere. 

You’re talking out of both sides ....again.

EJmusic likes this

9 minutes ago, Vandy said:

You’re talking out of both sides ....again.

No whining. He inherited a top 8 offense that brought back 4 of 5 OL. Top 5 all time wr, a really good slot(Gabriel), Sanu, MR2, Hardy, 2 of the top 15 rbs and signed many of his own guys. He proceeded to turn us into the bucs. I rather not try the stay the course approach, no offense to you I know you have all the patience and wisdom in the world. I rather get a closer and see this thing through before out window closes in 3 years.

Vandy likes this

4 hours ago, Vandy said:

Most talented roster in falcon history was 1980.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/atl/1980_roster.htm

Of all Falcons teams,  the ‘80 team heading into the playoffs was most likely to win the Super Bowl. Best offense in football IMO and fielded a top 5 defense that allowed just 16 ppg

Up 24-10 in the 4th quarter yet managed to lose to Dallas in playoffs.  Dallas scores 20 straight in the last 10 minutes of the game.  Sounds familiar.  Sometimes I wonder how there are still so many devoted Falcons fans...

Vandy likes this

9 minutes ago, A Dog Named Brian said:

Would Adam Gase be worth a gander? He runs a hybrid WCO

Yes!!! If the Dolphins fire him Blank needs to be immediately on the phone with him. He was the Broncos OC in 2013 when Peyton Manning had that record setting season. Peyton's two years under Gase.

• 2013 = 450/659 (68.3%), 5477 YDS (8.3), 55 TD, 10 INT, 115.1 QB Rating
  • 2014 = 395/597 (66.2%), 4727 YDS (7.9), 39 TD, 15 INT, 101.5 QB Rating

Yes!!! Sign him up!!

40 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Yes!!! If the Dolphins fire him Blank needs to be immediately on the phone with him. He was the Broncos OC in 2013 when Peyton Manning had that record setting season. Peyton's two years under Gase.

• 2013 = 450/659 (68.3%), 5477 YDS (8.3), 55 TD, 10 INT, 115.1 QB Rating
  • 2014 = 395/597 (66.2%), 4727 YDS (7.9), 39 TD, 15 INT, 101.5 QB Rating

Yes!!! Sign him up!!

That’s what I was thinking. He seems to be a coordinator at best. Let him come in and worry about the offense 

In aome ways I hope Sark gets the Vols job then his every move won't have to be compared to Shanny. It seems like TD and DQ will make Sark the fall guy. There will be a lot of RAH-RAH rhetoric about next year and he and TD will cloud fans visions so we can't see where the treal problem is, it is up top TD and DQ they built this team

9 minutes ago, A Dog Named Brian said:

That’s what I was thinking. He seems to be a coordinator at best. Let him come in and worry about the offense 

One can argue that 2013 and 2014 were two of Peyton's 3 best seasons. The other being 2004 when he had 49 TD passes and only 10 picks.

Sark gets threads because he was gifted a ferrari and crashed it in the driveway.

Hopefully tomorrow the rumors are true and I never have to see a Steve Sarkisian coached Falcons offense again after 4 PM!

And sidenote: DQ was bragging on his decision to keep Sark after we hit that little hot streak earlier this season. Now it looks like Sark is out. That aint because of fan turmoil... DQ (allegedly) sees an issue with the offensive coaching as well.  :munch:

Geneaut likes this