Spts1

Sarkisian never had a chance in Atlanta

144 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Sark is a like a rhythm QB.  He is great when on script.  But good defenses force you off script and make you adjust on the fly.  He struggles in that environment

Isn't that what Gregg Knapp was hired for.  To help Sark make adjustments.  Its worth considering that Gregg Knapp is present during the game and halftime to provide input on suggestions.  He is the one in the booth keeping track of the defenses tendencies and relaying them to Sark.  Makes me wonder how people want to replace Sark with Knapp.  

11 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Falcons went 5 straight games not scoring more than 20 points for the first time since 2007. Sark doesn't get a pass for that.

Julio and Ridley also had crucial drops some led to interceptions during that stretch. We also couldn’t run the ball worth a ****. But let’s blame Sark 

7 minutes ago, 175_Ranger_Falcon said:

Julio and Ridley also had crucial drops some led to interceptions during that stretch. We also couldn’t run the ball worth a ****. But let’s blame Sark 

right because not getting the run game going plus julio and ridley dropping passes is not on Sark smh, so we’re just gonna overlook playcalling, timing of calls, and just not being able to call an offense 

Edited by caponine

23 hours ago, slickgadawg said:

Sark never had a chance here coming behind Shanahan and that historic season the Falcons put up.  People tend to become prisoners of the moment in the NFL thus ANYBODY who came after Shanahan was gonna be heavily criticized.  I personally think Sark was the right man for the gig and still do.  Ryan has put up historic numbers this year as proof.  There is not ONE coordinator in the league who doesn't make QUESTIONABLE calls.  Heck,  Shanahan threw the Falcons under the bus with SEVERAL horrible calls in the Superbowl.  He went away from the running game. I think Freeman only got 4 touches in the second half of the Superbowl.  In the biggest game in Falcon history Shanahan wet the bed but is still worshipped here.

Sark took that offense and in his FIRST year got similar results as Shanahan. I broke it down before how the Falcons were actually better in some areas.  The NFL adjusts to offenses so most likely even Shanahan wouldn't have had the same results as far as BIG plays in 2017.  Injuries also play a factor.  I hate to admit it because I've always been a fan of Coleman but Freeman's power running changes the Falcons run game.  Having healthy guards in there also helps the run game. 

That being said the Falcons are currently ranked  #8th in the NFL in total yards.  EIGHTH folks.  They are ranked #5th in passing yardage and passing yardage per game.  They are ranked 27th in rushing yards but you have to DIRECTLY attribute that to Freeman and the injuries on the offensive line. Last year when Freeman was healthy for the most part and the offensive line healthy the Falcons ranked 9th in total rushing yards and 12th in rushing yards per game.  Sark didn't suddenly drop to 27th because he doesn't know what he is doing...  Another stat.  The Falcons are currently ranked #11th in total points!  #11th folks.  They are ranked #8th in points per game.  With the injuries.  With the horrible defense.  With everything thats going on Sark still has the Falcons situated as one of the top offenses in the league.  If the defense had carried its weight in just two to four more games you looking at a playoff team just like last year.   Its a shame because Sark is gonna get scapegoated out of here...

" Sark must go!  Sark must go!  Sark must go! "

Image result for mob pitchfork gif

Too long to read........just say Sark has to go and be done with it.  Uggggggh!!

5 minutes ago, caponine said:

right because not getting the run game going plus julio and ridley dropping passes is not on Sark smh, so we’re just gonna overlook playcalling, timing of calls, and just not being able to call an offense 

So it’s Sarks fault we lost two of our starting guards. On top of that, our RT fell off a cliff unexpectedly.  Which affected the run game.  Which made our offense one dimensional. You can’t tell me those drops by Julio and Ridley weren’t crucial during that stretch. Those Ridley tipped INT sucked the life out of this team during those games. But Sark....

17 minutes ago, 175_Ranger_Falcon said:

So it’s Sarks fault we lost two of our starting guards. On top of that, our RT fell off a cliff unexpectedly.  Which affected the run game.  Which made our offense one dimensional. You can’t tell me those drops by Julio and Ridley weren’t crucial during that stretch. Those Ridley tipped INT sucked the life out of this team during those games. But Sark....

so injuries are the excuse??, a great oc can adjust and scheme for those losses but not sark. He can only call a good game when we have most or all of our players , he’s not creative at all. There are teams out there with less talent that are more effective on offense because of playcalling and scheming

Edited by caponine
Falconsfan567 likes this

47 minutes ago, Wwfalconfan said:

Too long to read........just say Sark has to go and be done with it.  Uggggggh!!

YOU DIDN'T READ...

17 minutes ago, caponine said:

so injuries are the excuse??, a great oc can adjust and scheme for those losses but not sark. He can only call a good game when we have most or all of our players , he’s not creative at all. There are teams out there with less talent that are more effective on offense because of playcalling and scheming

How much scheme are you doing down two starting guards and an underperforming RT? Tell me what scheme Sark should’ve ran that would allow Wes and Garland to open up holes for Ito and Coleman? Those guys were getting destroyed. I think Freeman would’ve helped due to his elusiveness, but not much. We are at our best when we can run the ball down the opponents throats. We could not do that with what we had up front. Therefore you couldn’t see the whole offense.

Spts1 likes this

41 minutes ago, caponine said:

Lets do the math.  32 NFL TEAMS.  So, thats 32.  Falcons offense ranked 8th in total yards.   So thats 32 - 8 = 24.  My math tells me there are 24 teams whose offensive coordinator couldn't get more yards than Sark so far this year...

Image result for just saying gif

Edited by slickgadawg

Sometimes you just gotta laugh.. it’s always gotta be one person at blame when teams don’t perform at the rate one wishes they would.. there has to be one person at fault.. and everyone seems to know for a fact who that one person is.. thus, we should fire that one person.. 

its definitely not a group of people at fault for such a stat as a loss.. there most certainly aren’t multiple actions or lapses that lead to a loss.. 

and of course there is no “excuse” for losing.. you must perform at the highest level at all times no matter the situation.. you must game plan and beat good teams that aren’t going through the same situations you are, or else.. 

sometimes I wonder if ones on here hold themselves to the outrageous standards they hold other’s 

14 minutes ago, 175_Ranger_Falcon said:

How much scheme are you doing down two starting guards and an underperforming RT? Tell me what scheme Sark should’ve ran that would allow Wes and Garland to open up holes for Ito and Coleman? Those guys were getting destroyed. I think Freeman would’ve helped due to his elusiveness, but not much. We are at our best when we can run the ball down the opponents throats. We could not do that with what we had up front. Therefore you couldn’t see the whole offense.

we barely ran screens, wheel routes, draws, misdirection , trap plays etc, ol being injured is an excuse. This is the nfl next man up

8 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

Lets do the math.  32 NFL TEAMS.  So, thats 32.  Falcons offense ranked 8th in total yards.   So thats 32 - 8 = 24.  My math tells me there are 24 teams whose offensive coordinator couldn't get more yards than Sark so far this year...

Image result for just saying gif

lol think you might wanna keep this to yourself lol Chargers, Baltimore, Houston, Minnesota, Seattle, Chicago and Dallas are teams behind falcons in total offense yet are in the playoffs lol so go head and sip ya drink lol there offense and oc must be doing something right lol 

Just now, caponine said:

lol think you might wanna keep this to yourself lol Chargers, Baltimore, Houston, Minnesota, Seattle, Chicago and Dallas are teams behind falcons in total offense yet are in the playoffs lol so go head and sip ya drink lol there offense and oc must be doing something right lol 

Where do their defenses rank?

21 hours ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

Here's an idea for you, you should be able to get a yard in short yardage situations.  At some point, it's on the players to do their job...

And part of being a good coach is knowing your players strengths..We had been out-manned all day on the line. Just a horrible call. 

1 hour ago, caponine said:

Like who? Who loses their #1 RB and magically becomes “more effective on offense”? 

Falcons this season:

Top 10 NFL offense. 

Bottom 10 NFL defense. 

SMH. 

Just now, Vandy said:

Top 10 NFL offense. 

Bottom 10 NFL defense. 

SMH. 

and ??? sooo we’re just gonna ignore the playcalling in crucial situations and critical drives and also the choices he has made ??

3 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Top 10 NFL offense. 

Bottom 10 NFL defense. 

SMH. 

Not saying we should fire Sark, but I don’t think we should fire Manuel either.  Defense suffered the catastrophic injuries.  Last 23 games with D Jonesin the lineup we surrender 18.3 ppg

Edited by Falconsin2012
Vandy likes this

1 minute ago, caponine said:

and ??? sooo we’re just gonna ignore the playcalling in crucial situations and critical drives and also the choices he has made ??

It’s obviously not ‘ignored’, there’s multiple threads every day by you folks whining about it.

Yet Crickets about our bottom 10 NFL DC

Just now, Vandy said:

It’s obviously not ‘ignored’, there’s multiple threads every day by you folks whining about it.

Yet Crickets about our bottom 10 NFL DC

offense was expected to pick up the slack it had to because of the injuries on defense.. it was said by everyone including you now you’re switching your stance smh

7 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Not saying we should fire Sark, but I don’t think we should fire Manuel either.  Defense suffered the catastrophic injuries.  Last 23 games with D Jonesin the lineup we surrender 18.3 ppg

I’m not either, but am gonna call out the DC for his passive play calling. I hate his/quinn’s unaggresive approach. And D arguably suffered no more catastrophic injuries than offense did. 

Losing freeman hurt the offense every bit as much as losing Debo hurt the D did.

FalconsIn2012 likes this

2 minutes ago, caponine said:

offense was expected to pick up the slack it had to because of the injuries on defense.. it was said by everyone including you now you’re switching your stance smh

I’ve never switched my stance. When we lost our #1 RB I knew our offense would have issues.