Spts1

Sarkisian never had a chance in Atlanta

144 posts in this topic

Why are we happy with a team that is not even going 500 this year?  Last year was a fluke, to even get to the playoffs with that weak *** team we had in 17 with that inconsistent offense was a joke.

Either play to be as good as 2016 or sell the team, start up a new fan base and be done with it.  How come Arthur Blank can figure it out for Soccer in 2 years and he can't figure out how to make the Falcons work?  WHY? Because he hired that weak *** hair gel wearing fool named Thomas Dimitroff who still to this day can't draft an offensive lineman to save his life.  

Dimitroff is a terrible d line and o line scout.  He is a terrible linebacker scout.  He is just flat terrible even at his specialty secondary scouting.  WHAT DOES he do for this team besides Brown nose to Arthur Blank during the games?  He sold a bill of goods and we got burnt with his dumb ***

Osiruz likes this

6 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

The thing that irks me about Sark is his inconsistency.

First year In yep growing pains and getting used to personnel ok cool.2nd year they put another set of experienced eyes around him to help him with perceived weakness in the red zone.Cool went well and the red zone issues disapppeared and looked positive early.Even with injuries upfront he and the offense was operating at a good clip.

Then the key qtr of the season Pitt Baltimore Dallas and Cleveland happened the offense disappeared and now we play the Cards Carolina and Tampa to finish and it’s come around again.

To me his inconsistency is what will seal his fate in my eyes.For the most part he’s had enough on that side of the ball to keep us competitive and it’s where the team needed it the most because of the catastrophe injury wise that happened on the other side.It didn’t happen and we are where we are a sub 500 team.

We are better than that.

Sark is a like a rhythm QB.  He is great when on script.  But good defenses force you off script and make you adjust on the fly.  He struggles in that environment

Edited by Falconsin2012

Just now, slickgadawg said:

I agree in theory with what you are saying.  But look.  Baltimore has the top defense in the league.  Cleveland the players admitted they didn't show up.  Dallas could've been won anyway.  Pittsburgh was gonna be a hard win regardless on the road.  You can have worst than Sark calling those very same games...

End of the day it’s points on the board.

Also I agree they were close games we lost but I’d still put it on the offense to score enough to win those games and as a reminder Dallas and Baltimore we’re home games even worse.

Pitt we got blown out.

Browns well there an improving team for sure and I don’t get with the not turning up bit.I think we need to accept we got beat regardless of what the locker room is saying.

FalconsIn2012 and Spts1 like this

41 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

I’d rather spend the money on Gibbs if we are looking for a special assistant. He is The Godfather of ZBS blocking.  I love this quote:

We run zone wide and tight, and that is it. If you want to run something else, do not call me and ask for help." -Gibbs

His son is actually coaching our high school team in town.

FalconsIn2012 likes this

2 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Sark is a like a rhythm QB.  He is great when on script.  But good defenses force you off script and make you adjust on the fly.  He struggles in that environment

I’d agree with that and this is what irks me.

He had a break out game against the Skins who were a tough defense and we put them away at home.

The 2 losses against Dallas and Baltimore I’d have expected our offense at home to be a lot better than what they showed in those games.

Geneaut and FalconsIn2012 like this

5 minutes ago, R_The_Great said:

Dimitroff is a terrible d line and o line scout.  He is a terrible linebacker scout.  He is just flat terrible even at his , scouting.  WHAT DOES he do for this team besides Brown nose to Arthur Blank during the games?  He sold a bill of goods and we got burnt with his dumb ***

Yeah, that's not gonna work. I'll agree to o-line, but his work drafting LBs and DBs has been pretty darn good. Even DL he hits at a decent clip.

1 hour ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Really?  That’s awesome.  They must have a nice run game

First year on the rebuild here so he had some growing pains. I think he'll be a good one.

Edited by Geneaut

Being ranked 8th in total yards doesn't impress me one bit about Sark at OC.

This team has an elite MVP level QB... Arguably the best WR in the game. A great #2 WR, a 1st rd draft pick at #3, a solid TE, and a RB with the pure speed to take it to the house at any moment... an all pro center and one of the highest rated LT's.

Any OC in the NFL and probably all of the ones at the power 5 conferences in NCAA football could come in here and be top 10 in yards with that level of talent.

falcons007 and FalconsIn2012 like this

So... here's my take on Sark... You have the same Talent in the WASH game as the GB/PITT/CLE/DAL/PHILLY games. The same people (with the exception of the losses to IR from Philly). In each one, you couldn't score more than 20. When I watched those games, I saw the same boring, predictable play calling. There was no scheme to get anyone open. The Philly game this year and last year were near identical.

Then, he goes out and calls a great game vs Washington, AZ, and Carolina (not sure how much was Sark vs Ryan).

I'm pretty convinced that he has a chart somewhere that says "If they run this D, these are the only plays we can call". The fact that he's had flashes tells me that he can do it, he just doesn't.

Sark sucks, he did last year as well. He's done come monday...

13 minutes ago, Geneaut said:

Yeah, that's not gonna work. I'll agree to o-line, but his work drafting LBs and DBs has been pretty darn good. Even DL he hits at a decent clip.

Linebackers? lets see Campbell and Jones are about all we can trust.  Duke RIley was such a bust it hurts.  Foye?   Oh boy.  TIme to get Kwom Alexander and go from there. 

3 hours ago, slickgadawg said:

Sark never had a chance here coming behind Shanahan and that historic season the Falcons put up.  People tend to become prisoners of the moment in the NFL thus ANYBODY who came after Shanahan was gonna be heavily criticized.  I personally think Sark was the right man for the gig and still do.  Ryan has put up historic numbers this year as proof.  There is not ONE coordinator in the league who doesn't make QUESTIONABLE calls.  Heck,  Shanahan threw the Falcons under the bus with SEVERAL horrible calls in the Superbowl.  He went away from the running game. I think Freeman only got 4 touches in the second half of the Superbowl.  In the biggest game in Falcon history Shanahan wet the bed but is still worshipped here.

Sark took that offense and in his FIRST year got similar results as Shanahan. I broke it down before how the Falcons were actually better in some areas.  The NFL adjusts to offenses so most likely even Shanahan wouldn't have had the same results as far as BIG plays in 2017.  Injuries also play a factor.  I hate to admit it because I've always been a fan of Coleman but Freeman's power running changes the Falcons run game.  Having healthy guards in there also helps the run game. 

That being said the Falcons are currently ranked  #8th in the NFL in total yards.  EIGHTH folks.  They are ranked #5th in passing yardage and passing yardage per game.  They are ranked 27th in rushing yards but you have to DIRECTLY attribute that to Freeman and the injuries on the offensive line. Last year when Freeman was healthy for the most part and the offensive line healthy the Falcons ranked 9th in total rushing yards and 12th in rushing yards per game.  Sark didn't suddenly drop to 27th because he doesn't know what he is doing...  Another stat.  The Falcons are currently ranked #11th in total points!  #11th folks.  They are ranked #8th in points per game.  With the injuries.  With the horrible defense.  With everything thats going on Sark still has the Falcons situated as one of the top offenses in the league.  If the defense had carried its weight in just two to four more games you looking at a playoff team just like last year.   Its a shame because Sark is gonna get scapegoated out of here...

" Sark must go!  Sark must go!  Sark must go! "

Image result for mob pitchfork gif

You think that blows your mind? Look at the bucks offensive numbers, even better than the Falcons and Koetter still getting the axe. So farewell to 15 play Sark. Imagine if the Falcons had someone that knew how to adjust to great defense, we probably be top 5 and Ice would be MVP candidate again.

4 minutes ago, R_The_Great said:

Linebackers? lets see Campbell and Jones are about all we can trust.  Duke RIley was such a bust it hurts.  Foye?   Oh boy.  TIme to get Kwom Alexander and go from there. 

Come on man, busts happen. Foyes a 6th round rookie thrust into a starting role and even he has 80+ tackles.

Just now, Geneaut said:

Come on man, busts happen. Foyes a 6th round rookie thrust into a starting role and even he has 80+ tackles.

I wouldn't trust foye to be a long term starter is all i am saying. 

2 minutes ago, R_The_Great said:

I wouldn't trust foye to be a long term starter is all i am saying. 

I'm not claiming he is, but he's been good value for a 6th round draft pick so far. He obviously can play in the NFL at some level.

Jerz #Quinning likes this

Sarkisian simply does not do well with adjustments. He can come up with gameplan. He tried to follow his gameplan from Philly last year and it didnt work again. He is obviously more adept at passing but im wondering how much of that is MVP Ryan,  ManChild Julio and the best trio and possibly receiving core in the NFL. Sark isn't adding anything to them. You could give Mark Richt these falcons and he could win 9 to 10 games every year. I want better execution. The players talk about it so it obviously something in the way they are coached 

falconfreek123 likes this

5 minutes ago, Stryka said:

Sarkisian simply does not do well with adjustments. He can come up with gameplan. He tried to follow his gameplan from Philly last year and it didnt work again. He is obviously more adept at passing but im wondering how much of that is MVP Ryan,  ManChild Julio and the best trio and possibly receiving core in the NFL. Sark isn't adding anything to them. You could give Mark Richt these falcons and he could win 9 to 10 games every year. I want better execution. The players talk about it so it obviously something in the way they are coached 

Slickdawg those numbers are because of talent only. I know we are watching the same games. Mr. Sark does not EXPLOIT-anything. His physical demeanor is in the NFL, but his mental demeanor is still in the NCAA. I'm sure there are a lot of knowledgeable people here which can expand, but even a layman with an outside eye is seeing clearly there is no creativity. This was clear after his first ever drive in Chicago. There are so many ways we could totally obliterate defenses even with a weak 0. 

Like I'm a normal person, and I would screen to death Coleman behind ortiz. 

I would make Julio run short slants all freaking day. Hooper should be sitting in the zone all day.... I could go on and on.... 

Spts1, Stryka and FalconsIn2012 like this

He will probably be the fall guy. But we saw a few years back TD shuffle the blame on Mike Smith when truthfully it was only part of MR's fault. TD and DQ will give us this fancy rhetoric and  escape the role they played in our demise.

Spts1 and JDaveG like this

23 minutes ago, falconfreek123 said:

Slickdawg those numbers are because of talent only. I know we are watching the same games. Mr. Sark does not EXPLOIT-anything. His physical demeanor is in the NFL, but his mental demeanor is still in the NCAA. I'm sure there are a lot of knowledgeable people here which can expand, but even a layman with an outside eye is seeing clearly there is no creativity. This was clear after his first ever drive in Chicago. There are so many ways we could totally obliterate defenses even with a weak 0. 

I would make Julio run short slants all freaking day. Hooper should be sitting in the zone all day.... I could go on and on.... 

Exactly. I mean some of the stuff is simple. Ok you cant get the zone stretch going...so run it 10 more times???? How about some misdirection or some more bunch formations or try spreading a team out and running from 4 wide. Its like what he sets on he cant get off. Dont get me wrong...Ive seen him draw up some good plays but too often its a predictable call. 

Jerz #Quinning likes this

OP has a good point but Sark and the offense has looked bad at times. I can’t get the 4th- 1 play against the Ravens out of my head. We ran the ball dead between the A gaps with 4 defenders in there. If you want to blame MR for not changing the play so be it, but that’s part of coaching to allow and have the QB prepared. There were others play calls in the clutch that just won’t let me ride the Sark train. Maybe Sark is the guy but for those that don’t think he can do it, I totally understand. 

Spts1 likes this

1 hour ago, falconfreek123 said:

I will concede that his adjustments and creativity are inconsistent abd lacking in some areas...

Isn’t Ryan’s number better than his MVP year? The main reason we underachieved this year is we became one dimensional. We couldn’t  run the ball no matter who was in there. The run game is vital to our offense. That’s what made us so lethal in 2016. We could attact teams in the run game or in the air. Also, we couldn’t stop anyone on D. We were signing people off the street so we can field some semblance of a defense. I don’t think Sark is the issue. We get some big boys upfront on both sides of the ball and we’ll be back in contention.

Spts1 likes this

9 minutes ago, 175_Ranger_Falcon said:

Isn’t Ryan’s number better than his MVP year? The main reason we underachieved this year is we became one dimensional. We couldn’t  run the ball no matter who was in there. The run game is vital to our offense. That’s what made us so lethal in 2016. We could attact teams in the run game or in the air. Also, we couldn’t stop anyone on D. We were signing people off the street so we can field some semblance of a defense. I don’t think Sark is the issue. We get some big boys upfront on both sides of the ball and we’ll be back in contention.

Matt's numbers are slightly behind his MVP year in most metrics, but pretty darn close considering. One game to go of course so he's going to be roughly 96%-98% of most of the 2016 numbers I guess.

7 hours ago, vafalconfan said:

Tandy there is no doubt that played into it..here is my issue. It's 4th and 1 and we have the ball at midfield. Our O line has been overwhelmed all day by the Ravens defense. Sark calls a running play with Ito Smith into the left side of the line.. we all remember the Raven's linemen waiting in our backfield to crush our undersized running back. That did it for me and I think for some of the Falcon players as well..those guys knew that play call had zero chance! The players are saying all the right things in public, but they know they are not being put in the best position to succeed.

Hate to break it to ya, but Matt Ryan audibled that play.