Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

atljbo

Teams Most Impacted by injuries

27 posts in this topic

22 minutes ago, A Dog Named Brian said:

Inb4 “OMG PHILLY HAZ OVERCOME DER INJUREEZE!!!” 

They play in a weak *** division, get outta here with that ‘ish 

I don't think anyone is gonna do that... 2 reasons.

1. Philly hasn't been great this year... they are week one game apart from us.

2. I think the main reason why philly is above us is because they lost there starting QB who was performing at a MVP level last year. .. The problem is their backup QB has playeed better this year.

Only 1 team he truly struggled against... A healthy Falcons D

PwXyMAZ.png

39 minutes ago, A Dog Named Brian said:

Inb4 “OMG PHILLY HAZ OVERCOME DER INJUREEZE!!!” 

They play in a weak *** division, get outta here with that ‘ish 

The Falcons play in a weak division

JOEinPHX likes this

21 minutes ago, atljbo said:

2. I think the main reason why philly is above us is because they lost there starting QB who was performing at a MVP level last year. .. The problem is their backup QB has playeed better this year.

PwXyMAZ.png

Just trying to take some wind outta the sails for those on here that seem to think our injuries this year didn’t mean a whole lot. Their division isn’t that great this year either, allowing them to remain competitive down the stretch. 

Schwarzwald and ATLskinjob like this

18 minutes ago, Falcanuck said:

The Falcons play in a weak division

You're absolutely wrong and don't know what you're talking about. 2 out of the last 3 seasons the NFC South winners were in the Super Bowl. Last season 3 teams from the NFC South got in the playoffs. This year it's a high chance the Saints are going to be in the Super Bowl in Atlanta (yes I said it) making it 3 out of 4 seasons the NFC South winner is in the Super Bowl. 

31 minutes ago, A Dog Named Brian said:

Saints have the best record in the NFL and the Panthers were playing very well before falling off a cliff a few weeks ago. To say our division is weak isn’t very accurate 

Technically he's right that outside of the Saints the division sucks.

That said it's obviously harder for us to win our division than the Eagles to win theirs.

anybody that thinks this season would have played out this way with a healthy defense is kidding themselves. I hated the injury bug but on the positive side we got to see we have some players in backup roles. it took them a while but they're also very young and inexperienced. looking at our defensive roster, we have 6 guys over 30 and it looks like 4 of them will be gone next season. Hopefully we can hold onto Bruce Irvin and Crawford is the only other guy over 30 that's guaranteed to be here. I'm back to my optimistic self

1 hour ago, mqg96 said:

You're absolutely wrong and don't know what you're talking about. 2 out of the last 3 seasons the NFC South winners were in the Super Bowl. Last season 3 teams from the NFC South got in the playoffs. This year it's a high chance the Saints are going to be in the Super Bowl in Atlanta (yes I said it) making it 3 out of 4 seasons the NFC South winner is in the Super Bowl. 

Talking about this year. Literally no other year matters. The NFC South has 3 teams drafting top 10 right now, this inflates the Saints' record as well. NFC South is a weak *** division in 2018/2019.

2 hours ago, A Dog Named Brian said:

Saints have the best record in the NFL and the Panthers were playing very well before falling off a cliff a few weeks ago. To say our division is weak isn’t very accurate 

The Panthers have lost 8 straight games. That's more than a few weeks. The Falcons only managed to stop their losing streak by beating the worst team in football. Tampa is a mess. 

8 hours ago, atljbo said:

it's no secret the Falcons have been killed by injuries this year. I can understand the impact of losing all these guys, but what was shocking is the quality of the 2nd and 3rd string players that have had to fill in. I'd like to see some more quality depth for rotational and injuries purposes.

atljbo likes this

As well as Foles has played in place of Wentz (including winning the SB itself), I am not so sure the Eagles injuries are a big deal.  However, they did lose Jay Ajayi and Rodney McLeod.  Still, who is the big loss for them?

I would think the loss of Alex Smith was the end of the season for the Redskins or even Jimmy Garoppolo going down gave no hope to the 49ers season.

However, the Falcons defense of 2018 was clearly not the same as 2017 and the offensive line looked like a disaster zone compared to 2017 and even greater a disaster to 2016 with the 2 guards inserted.  

12 hours ago, atljbo said:

PwXyMAZ.png

You realize Nick Foles won the SB for the Eagles correct? 

1 hour ago, matty72780 said:

You realize Nick Foles won the SB for the Eagles correct? 

Yea i think Everybody knows that bruh

You can go back to that playoff year and the only team Foles didnt have a good game against was the Falcons D

2 hours ago, atljbo said:

Yea i think Everybody knows that bruh

You can go back to that playoff year and the only team Foles didnt have a good game against was the Falcons D

twice

3 hours ago, jlrfalcon said:

As well as Foles has played in place of Wentz (including winning the SB itself), I am not so sure the Eagles injuries are a big deal.  However, they did lose Jay Ajayi and Rodney McLeod.  Still, who is the big loss for them?

I would think the loss of Alex Smith was the end of the season for the Redskins or even Jimmy Garoppolo going down gave no hope to the 49ers season.

However, the Falcons defense of 2018 was clearly not the same as 2017 and the offensive line looked like a disaster zone compared to 2017 and even greater a disaster to 2016 with the 2 guards inserted.  

You mean 2015 offense line? In 2016 our oline was good.

1 hour ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

You mean 2015 offense line? In 2016 our oline was good.

Perhaps I should have used more clear English - Our offensive line in 2018-19 has had multiple injuries which have led to its failure.  Our 2017-18 offensive line had injuries but fewer injuries compared to 2018-19.  And, our 2016-17 offensive line was almost injury-free until the very end of the season (including playoffs) and definitely fewer than the present 2018-19.

One could easily argue that this team's success has mirrored the injury-state of the OL (including the big game).

Falcons Fan MVP likes this