Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
falcons007

Does Ryan fold under Pressure? Scared of hits and pressure?

74 posts in this topic

18 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

That comes with constant pressure. Happens to every single QB out there when they start getting hit frequently in a game. 

Just look at how scared Brady was in the 1st half of SB51 we were all over him and he was throwing even when the pressure was not there. 2nd half we got tired, pressure stopped, and he had enough time to cook a 3 course meal in the backfield every play.

It's happened before teams have hit him though. Ghost pressure from the reputation of a front seven.

On 12/27/2018 at 1:24 PM, vanhino said:

Matt Ryan had the 4th highest passer rating in Super Bowl history. He definitely wasn't the reason why the Falcons blew that game!

but ryan doesn’t step up in big games, he pads his stats against bad teams

vanhino, Ergo Proxy and falcons007 like this

On 12/27/2018 at 3:29 PM, falcons007 said:

Here is how the QBs did under pressure in 2018. 

Completion % under pressure: 

Ryan is 4th( Cousins, Brees and Rivers Ahead)

Rodgers is 29 th and Russell Wilson is 17th. 

Accuracy ( with out drops):

Ryan is 3rd ( Cousins and Brees ahead) Brees has almost half of QB pressures as Ryan).

Rodgers is 25th, only scrambling Qb in top 10 is Deshaun Watson. 

NFL rating: 

Ryan is second in NFL behind Russell Wilson. 3rd on the list is Deshaun Watson. Rodgers is 20th. 

TD/Int: under pressure 

Ryan is fifth in TD, Brees and Rodgers are 11th.

Ryan has 8 TD and just 3 INT. Brees has 5 TD and 4 INT. 

Not bad for a guy who folds under pressure.

Ryan is well trained under pressure its the one constant rarely since 2008 has the Falcons OL excelled at pass protection. Mostly they have leaned on smallish quick linemen, and havent done well drafting or developing linemen. 

falcons007 and gazoo like this

5 hours ago, putnam6 said:

Ryan is well trained under pressure its the one constant rarely since 2008 has the Falcons OL excelled at pass protection. Mostly they have leaned on smallish quick linemen, and havent done well drafting or developing linemen. 

We saw the results with decent line in 2012 and 2016.

putnam6 likes this

On 12/28/2018 at 1:55 PM, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Ryan fan checking in. He's always been good under pressure. He had no choice behind Dimi lines. With that said if there were a such thing as ghost pressure stats, I'd like to see where he ranks. Many times he felt pressure that wasn't there and mucked up the play. To me the last thing he needs to do is kill the ghost pressure plays and flatten out his deep balls.

It’s true, unfortunately.  Ryan has always had sketch eye at the LT and RG position.  Must have PTSD from years of Baker, Holmes & Hawley/Reynolds

FalconFanSince1970 likes this

6 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

It’s true, unfortunately.  Ryan has always had sketch eye at the LT and RG position.  Must have PTSD from years of Baker, Holmes & Hawley/Reynolds

Bro. Dimi drafted 11 offensive linemen in his 11 years as our GM. He got one. State Line.

On 12/28/2018 at 4:32 PM, FalconFanSince1970 said:

It's happened before teams have hit him though. Ghost pressure from the reputation of a front seven.

You talking about Tom Brady? 

Ryan Clark: Tom Brady 'sees ghosts' under pressure

Kevin Patra
NFL.com

When Tom Brady gets pressure and when you're man-to-man and bumping those guys and making it hard for him to throw, he sees ghosts," Clark said Monday, via Comcast SportsNet New England. "Even when guys aren't around him, even when he's not about to be sacked, when his clock goes off in his head that the ball should be out, we'll see him duck, we'll see him flinch. When you get Tom Brady doing that, the whole New England Patriots mystique goes away." 

6 minutes ago, gazoo said:

You talking about Tom Brady? 

Ryan Clark: Tom Brady 'sees ghosts' under pressure

Kevin Patra
NFL.com

When Tom Brady gets pressure and when you're man-to-man and bumping those guys and making it hard for him to throw, he sees ghosts," Clark said Monday, via Comcast SportsNet New England. "Even when guys aren't around him, even when he's not about to be sacked, when his clock goes off in his head that the ball should be out, we'll see him duck, we'll see him flinch. When you get Tom Brady doing that, the whole New England Patriots mystique goes away." 

Like I said, I would like to see the ghost pressure stats. All QBs qualify. If there were such a stat I believe Ryan would be ranked low. I've seen every one of his games at least three times. His biggest problems are ghost steps and moon balls.

gazoo and Falcons In 2012 like this

6 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Like I said, I would like to see the ghost pressure stats. All QBs qualify. If there were such a stat I believe Ryan would be ranked low. I've seen every one of his games at least three times. His biggest problems are ghost steps and moon balls.

Hit Brady and Brees as many times as Ryan. They will start seeing ghost. More hits a QB takes, more ghosts he should see. Simple elementary stuff.

3 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Hit Brady and Brees as many times as Ryan. They will start seeing ghost. More hits a QB takes, more ghosts he should see. Simple elementary stuff.

Never seen the pitter patter from Brees or Brady I've seen from Ryan. He still has issues setting his feet.

6 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Never seen the pitter patter from Brees or Brady I've seen from Ryan. He still has issues setting his feet.

That’s coz they not getting hit 100+  times a season. Brees was hit like 40-50 times this season. Brady isn’t hit often. Not very hard to see why. Brees is least hit QB and Brady is third least. They can cook eggs, forget seeing ghosts behind the OL.

Pressure up the middle is very, very different from pressure off the edges as it relates to effecting the QB.

If a QB has a good interior OL that can hold a pocket for a few seconds each passing snap, the QB can rely on having a pocket to step up into if heat starts coming off the edges and buy just enough time to get the pass out.

Conversely, if a QB has interior breakdowns constantly, he has nowhere safe to buy an extra second and it makes it extremely difficult for him to get into a rhythm, set his feet etc.

Any defensive coordinator will tell you to beat a Brady  or Brees, you have to bring interior pressure. Ryan has had inferior Cs and OGs collectively over his career. Alex Mack made a tremendous difference but now the OG sustuation is a mess.

11 minutes ago, gazoo said:

Pressure up the middle is very, very different from pressure off the edges as it relates to effecting the QB.

If a QB has a good interior OL that can hold a pocket for a few seconds each passing snap, the QB can rely on having a pocket to step up into if heat starts coming off the edges and buy just enough time to get the pass out.

Conversely, if a QB has interior breakdowns constantly, he has nowhere safe to buy an extra second and it makes it extremely difficult for him to get into a rhythm, set his feet etc.

Any defensive coordinator will tell you to beat a Brady  or Brees, you have to bring interior pressure. Ryan has had inferior Cs and OGs collectively over his career. Alex Mack made a tremendous difference but now the OG sustuation is a mess.

OG has been a mess since Dimi had to replace Blalock and Dahl who he inherited from McKay.

He failed. Search your feelings. You know it to be true. Blind. Loyal. State Line.

Here we are in 2019 needing to fix the same Dimi problems. Hopefully Pioli or the GM Squad can help.

2 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

OG has been a mess since Dimi had to replace Blalock and Dahl who he inherited from McKay.

He failed. Search your feelings. You know it to be true. Blind. Loyal. State Line.

Here we are in 2019 needing to fix the same Dimi problems. Hopefully Pioli or the GM Squad can help.

Of course. All offenses that were able to be the top 7 in NFL history have inferior OGs.

2 minutes ago, gazoo said:

Of course. All offenses that were able to be the top 7 in NFL history have inferior OGs.

OGs in 2016 were Vitre and Chester the Molester. NFL bait. Blind. Loyal.

3 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

OGs in 2016 were Vitre and Chester the Molester. NFL bait. Blind. Loyal.

Did you watch any of the games in 2016? If answer yes, you are saying our OGs didn’t play well?

3 minutes ago, gazoo said:

Did you watch any of the games in 2016? If answer yes, you are saying our OGs didn’t play well?

Did you watch Dimi's OG acquisitions over the last eleven years? Don't make me list em bro.

33 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Did you watch Dimi's OG acquisitions over the last eleven years? Don't make me list em bro.

Do you have a business that moves goal posts, or is it just a disorder?