Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
falcons007

Does Ryan fold under Pressure? Scared of hits and pressure?

74 posts in this topic

Here is how the QBs did under pressure in 2018. 

Completion % under pressure: 

Ryan is 4th( Cousins, Brees and Rivers Ahead)

Rodgers is 29 th and Russell Wilson is 17th. 

Accuracy ( with out drops):

Ryan is 3rd ( Cousins and Brees ahead) Brees has almost half of QB pressures as Ryan).

Rodgers is 25th, only scrambling Qb in top 10 is Deshaun Watson. 

NFL rating: 

Ryan is second in NFL behind Russell Wilson. 3rd on the list is Deshaun Watson. Rodgers is 20th. 

TD/Int: under pressure 

Ryan is fifth in TD, Brees and Rodgers are 11th.

Ryan has 8 TD and just 3 INT. Brees has 5 TD and 4 INT. 

Not bad for a guy who folds under pressure.

11 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

LMAO I like how pretty much everything people use to knock Ryan for, the stats say otherwise.

mAtT rYAn SUcks!!!!

11 minutes ago, falcndave said:

But he didn't do it that one time...in the big moment I remember. Therefore, the preponderance of good stuff don't count. 

Ergo Proxy likes this

43 minutes ago, Emmitt said:

When I hear that Ryan doesn't do well under pressure, as painful as it is to think about, he had a near perfect rating the Super Bowl.

Under pressure from the rush? Matty's tough as a $2 dollar steak.

Matt Ryan had the 4th highest passer rating in Super Bowl history. He definitely wasn't the reason why the Falcons blew that game!

JDaveG, Statick, Ergo Proxy and 8 others like this

8 minutes ago, A Pimp Named Slickback™ said:

Even though the stats show Ryan does well under pressure, I always like to ask detractors what QB in the league LIKES to get hit?? I'd bet none of them do, so saying a guy is afraid to get hit as an insult makes no sense.

Yea, there has never been a QB in the history of the NFL that doesn't start getting happy feet after getting hit 10+ times in the same game. It's just human nature.. 

Edited by Dr Long Shot

26 minutes ago, Dr Long Shot said:

Yea, there has never been a QB in the history of the NFL that doesn't start getting happy feet after getting hit 10+ times in the same game. It's just human nature.. 

That’s true, most QB hate pressure right up the middle. 

red falcon and Ergo Proxy like this

2 hours ago, falcons007 said:

Here is how the QBs did under pressure in 2018. 

Completion % under pressure: 

Ryan is 4th( Cousins, Brees and Rivers Ahead)

Rodgers is 29 th and Russell Wilson is 17th. 

Accuracy ( with out drops):

Ryan is 3rd ( Cousins and Brees ahead) Brees has almost half of QB pressures as Ryan).

Rodgers is 25th, only scrambling Qb in top 10 is Deshaun Watson. 

NFL rating: 

Ryan is second in NFL behind Russell Wilson. 3rd on the list is Deshaun Watson. Rodgers is 20th. 

TD/Int: under pressure 

Ryan is fifth in TD, Brees and Rodgers are 11th.

Ryan has 8 TD and just 3 INT. Brees has 5 TD and 4 INT. 

Not bad for a guy who folds under pressure.

Matt Ryan is the toughest QB in the League, and he does not fold under pressure. I'm not sure who started that narrative, but it's simply not true.  

38 minutes ago, Dr Long Shot said:

That is why we beat Rodgers twice in 2016. We killed two drivers early in the 2nd half with sacks to turn the first game in our favor.  For the rest of that game and all of the playoff game Rodgers was on the run and looked oh so ordinary. 

Ergo Proxy and falcons007 like this

3 hours ago, Emmitt said:

When I hear that Ryan doesn't do well under pressure, as painful as it is to think about, he had a near perfect rating the Super Bowl.

Under pressure from the rush? Matty's tough as a $2 dollar steak.

Ryan was the only one collected and calm in the Super Bowl.  After the strip sack he left the field and screamed to LaFleur “run the farkking football.”  Apparently nobody cared to listen.

Once up 28-3, the Falcons rushed the ball FOUR times.  If they simply ran up the gut 3 times and punted on all remaining possessions, they win easily.  Just kneel 3 times and punt

Edited by Falconsin2012

Simple test - watch an average Falcons game and count how many seconds Ryan has in the pocket to look for a receiver and then watch the opposing QB and how many seconds he has.

Our 3-man rush allows even rookie QB's a free pass to find somebody downfield (or get a penalty called on our coverage), but teams that play us know to just put a few in coverage and send most of the defense in to rush Ryan.  The only thing that has saved him are stupid opposing DC's or the few times we have had a rushing game pop up.

I’m a big Matt Ryan fan. To say he folds under pressure or he’s scared to take hits would be laughable.

That said, it does seem like he’s lost what made him Marty Ice. Early in his career, he lead a lot of 4th quarter comebacks. Over the past 4 years, it seems he/the offense stalls out when it comes to crunch time and game winning drives.

I simply can think of the last time we took a lead late in a game. GB 2 years ago?

34 minutes ago, KCartledge85 said:

I’m a big Matt Ryan fan. To say he folds under pressure or he’s scared to take hits would be laughable.

That said, it does seem like he’s lost what made him Marty Ice. Early in his career, he lead a lot of 4th quarter comebacks. Over the past 4 years, it seems he/the offense stalls out when it comes to crunch time and game winning drives.

I simply can think of the last time we took a lead late in a game. GB 2 years ago?

A good part of that blame can be attributed to our o-line being the unit that folds under pressure. I would argue we have the least clutch o-line in the league. I can’t tell you how many pressures and sacks we allow on those final drives. It’s unvelieveable how bad they get when the game is on the line. 

1 hour ago, KCartledge85 said:

Lot of that can be attributed to Mike Smith. How many times you have heard they practiced final 2 minute drill during Smitty Era. Falcons lead NFL in 2 min scoring offense most of 2008-2012. DQ needs to improve situational football.