FalconsIn2012

Our DC Next Year: allowed just 16 ppg

57 posts in this topic

On 12/27/2018 at 1:35 PM, Stryka said:

Our overall defense is good enough. It was a championship defense last year. We just need better pass rush and less bend but dont break mentality. 

I really don't care who stays or goes on this defensive coaching staff. If the scheme remains bend and hope not to break, I'm not going to like the defense. I want aggression.

I want my defense to attack, not sit back on its haunches then run backward at the snap of the ball. The Charmin Chernobyl Defense is a chickenshlt, cowardly concept. It will never work against the elite teams. Anybody here remember 28-3? lol.

11 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

I really don't care who stays or goes on this defensive coaching staff. If the scheme remains bend and hope not to break, I'm not going to like the defense. I want aggression.

I want my defense to attack, not sit back on its haunches then run backward at the snap of the ball. The Charmin Chernobyl Defense is a chickenshlt, cowardly concept. It will never work against the elite teams. Anybody here remember 28-3? lol.

Unfortunately, Quinn’s cover 3 relies on playing with the lead so his speed rushers can eat.  I don’t see the defensive philosophy changing.

PokerSteve likes this

Just now, Falconsin2012 said:

Unfortunately, Quinn’s cover 3 relies on playing with the lead so his speed rushers can eat.  I don’t see the defensive philosophy changing.

Agree. Quinn's remaining days may be very lousy ones for me personally, but I'm always hoping for the best while expecting total disaster.

Amazing how we started blitzing alot once we were out of the playoffs. Vanilla when it counts. Doubt they learned their lesson.

Defense is soft with leads. Overall they are not aggressive enough on 3rd downs short or long.

We need a more mean and aggressive defense which is not conducive to MM.

On 12/27/2018 at 2:13 PM, PriMeTiiMe said:

Gotcha. That makes sense, and honestly didn't drop the averages much. My biggest issue with him is how long QBs have to throw nearly every down. I know he can't make our pass rushers get pressure but I have seen teams with less talented fronts constantly in teams backfield. He is way too timid to blitz or get creative. 

I also attribute our piss poor tackling and angles to him. Not all on him, But as the DC when you see your guys constantly missing tackles and taking the wrong angle you would think he would get that fixed.

Nailed it. You have to teach and demand fundamentally sound technique on the basics, like tackling for instance! duh. A reactive scheme with almost half your players consistently taking bad angles and/or whiffing on tackles. Sounds like a good recipe for a bottom-feeder defense.