Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Drew4719

Matt Ryan vs. Aaron Rodgers Since 2015

121 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, tl;dr said:

I've got issues with him too lol. But Brady has at least won before even if he has had luck/coaching/good talent so he can be subpar and still win playoff games. 

Brady just gets it done somehow. I can't knock him for playing for the greatest coach of our times.

8 minutes ago, RLD said:

I think Hooper could be another Gonzales, close to it, if used correctly. 

Just when I thought the level of stupid was at an all-time high you make this post.

EDIT: Disregard, You then topped this even further with...

Just now, RLD said:

Trade Ryan. Draft a QB. Bring in Ely Manning for a couple years or to send Choke to Detroit for Stafford. Just get rid of Matty Choke and his " pitter-patter-of-little-feet " . And only then will the Atlanta Falcon's win a SB.

Edited by PriMeTiiMe

6 minutes ago, RLD said:

Trade Ryan. Draft a QB. Bring in Ely Manning for a couple years or to send Choke to Detroit for Stafford. Just get rid of Matty Choke and his " pitter-patter-of-little-feet " . And only then will the Atlanta Falcon's win a SB.

You are obviously a Troll, and not a very good one. You need to work on your technique.

Look, we are 11 seasons into anti-Matt trolls, and we've seen it all. There have been far far better ones so you need to work on some new material. Give us something new and improved.

Edited by Geneaut
falconidae likes this

Just now, Geneaut said:

Brady just gets it done somehow. I can't knock him for playing for the greatest coach of our times.

Yeah it's hard to really knock him that much. But it is annoying to hear the narrative how Brady has no help. Dude has been surrounded by good OL's, good coaches, good running games, and good-great receivers his entire career sans maybe 1 or 2 years. 

Ergo Proxy likes this

Just now, tl;dr said:

Yeah it's hard to really knock him that much. But it is annoying to hear the narrative how Brady has no help. Dude has been surrounded by good OL's, good coaches, good running games, and good-great receivers his entire career sans maybe 1 or 2 years. 

Agreed. It's not like Moss wasn't a beast, and Gronk isn't a monster. 

Ergo Proxy likes this

Just now, Geneaut said:

Agreed. It's not like Moss wasn't a beast, and Gronk isn't a monster. 

Not even counting guys like Edelman and Welker either. Josh Gordon was a scrub too obviously. 

Geneaut likes this

1 minute ago, tl;dr said:

Not even counting guys like Edelman and Welker either. Josh Gordon was a scrub too obviously. 

And they plug RBs into their system left and right. I thought Shanahan was the master of that, but McDaniels and BB pick guys up off the street and they rush for 100 yds 2 weeks later.

Machines I tell you. Football terminators from the future.

14 minutes ago, RLD said:

They were or are not in the same league as White, Gonzales, Jones, Sunu, even Calvin R.

lol... All those guys are better than Sanu for sure, and quite comparable to Roddy White in his prime. Gonzalez was great but lets not forget he was his 37 year old version with us. Ridley has had a bad season overall, dropping passes consistently and shouldn't be put in the same paragraph as Donald Driver, Gregg Jennings, James Jones, Jordy Nelson, or even Randal Cobb.

Jones is the only one that is clear cut above the guys Aaron has consistently thrown to but for the most part,  despite what everyone repeats all the time, he hasn't had any type of supproting cast. Even during the Roddy White, Tony G, Julio era, we really only had one season where we got all three playing at a pro bowl level together. Julio during his rookie year was no where near as good as he is now and his sophomore season was the only time we had a prime-ish Julio playing alongside a prime Roddy White... That's the year we were one play away from the superbowl btw. After that season though Julio got injured and by the time he got back Roddy was a shadow of his former self and Tony G was on his very last leg. We had a long stretch where Harry Douglass and Gerald Hankerson types were our number 2 passing options. 

Edited by Dr Long Shot
Geneaut likes this

2 hours ago, Dr Long Shot said:

Tony Gonzales gets all the credit for his numbers during our time in Atlanta, but Matt Ryan played a huge part in it. Tony Gonzalez couldn't run past 9 yards of the first down marker and put up monster numbers... he wouldn't have done that for 95% of the teams in the league. Matt Ryan had incredible rapport with Tony G, and consistently threw balls in spots few QBs would ever dare to go because of his trust and understanding of what Tony G liked and could still do at his age. 

Tony G was a beast in Redzone and third downs. His ability to box out defenders is second to none. I wish Hopper could learn that, he would have few TD this year. Ofcourse, lot of credit goes to Matt Ryan for placing the ball where TG could box out the D. They were great together. Ryan still talks about how TG taught him to be a Pro in NFL.

Ergo Proxy and Geneaut like this

2 minutes ago, RLD said:

So everyone is a troll if they disagree with you. YOU might need to get your head out of the sand or from somewhere else. So what if we are into the 11th. season of Ryan. He just won his 1st. playoff game 2 yrs. ago. THANKS, for proving my point. " WE CAN'T WIN THE SB, WITH RYAN ". You said it. THANK YOU!!!!!

You just said we should trade for Matthew Stafford who has never won his division or a playoff game in 10 seasons.

Ryan also won his first playoff game in 2012..Don't think that was 2 years ago buddy.

Keep trying.

Edited by PriMeTiiMe
Geneaut and Ergo Proxy like this

43 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

JJ couldn’t match Jordy Nelson in redzone  with the circus catches he made. Jordy Nelson was a great WR and Rodgers down years were when he couldn’t stay healthy. RW was no Jordy Nelson nor was aging TG comparable to Findley or Greg Jennings in their prime with Rodgers.

Lmal crazy pills. MR2 can't throw those back shoulder fades, or hit JJ in stride. He'd have a lot more tds with AR. Same with Gonzo no way he is worse than Finley.

2 hours ago, Geneaut said:

In a lot of ways very close. You need to take a closer look at Jordy's numbers. There have been seasons JJ/Jordy finished back to back ( 2014 #3 and #4). Roddy and Jennings also ( 2010 #2 and #4).

TG is the outlier.

That said, I haven't mentioned 1000 yd WRs like Randall Cobb.

Arod made Nelson better. Imagine Julio not looking at the moon when MR2 throws those arm punts. He'd have a lot more yards and tds.

1 hour ago, tl;dr said:

I've got issues with him too lol. But Brady has at least won before even if he has had luck/coaching/good talent so he can be subpar and still win playoff games. 

See but that's just it. The fact that you say that Brady can be "subpar and still win playoff games" proves that he's overrated as heII. Here are some things to consider about Brady:

- In his first super bowl win, he threw the ball a total of 27 times...for less than 150 yards. He wasn't the reason they won...at all. His next 2 super bowl wins were pretty similar performances. Great team wins with a very clutch kicker.

- He has played for the greatest head coach of all time his entire career. Since Brady became the starter in 2001, the Patriots are 14-6 without him in the lineup. The colts without Peyton? 2-14

- The Patriots play in a division that is literally not competitive. Brady has the luxury and luck of playing a division who's best QB he's had to face is probably Chad Pennington. The Dolphins, Jets, and Bills have been laughably bad. That division is easily the worst since the new division format in 2002. If Brady played in say...the AFC North or NFC South, he wouldn't even come close to the success he's had. Not close.

Bottom line, Brady wins because he's literally in the PERFECT situation. I'm not saying that he's bad. He's obviously a top 5 all time QB. His ability to play at a high level for as long as he has, mixed with his consistency, drive, and dedication to the game is very impressive. But when it comes to individual talent, he's not on the same level as Rodgers, Peyton, or even Brees. I just think the talk of Brady being the undeniable GOAT is a complete crock of BS. He's the most overrated athlete I've ever seen. Hands down.

Dr Long Shot and tl;dr like this

58 minutes ago, RLD said:

So everyone is a troll if they disagree with you. YOU might need to get your head out of the sand or from somewhere else. So what if we are into the 11th. season of Ryan. He just won his 1st. playoff game 2 yrs. ago. THANKS, for proving my point. " WE CAN'T WIN THE SB, WITH RYAN ". You said it. THANK YOU!!!!!

No, you are troll because you don't recognize facts, or even use them in your arguments.

Matt won his first playoff game in 2012 ... 6 years ago.

Here are facts : Ryan in the playoffs 20TDs 7INTs , 100+ qb rate.

Weak, like I said. We've had some exceptional Anti-Ryan trolls around here. You can't even hold their jocks.

falconidae likes this

1 hour ago, osiruz said:

Arod made Nelson better. Imagine Julio not looking at the moon when MR2 throws those arm punts. He'd have a lot more yards and tds.

I don't buy the 'X made Y better' argument ( that's not a knock on you BTW ). I'll buy JJ and Aaron would be an amazing duo.

Edited by Geneaut

I don't know nothing about nothing but I know this.

Matt Ryan put up the GREATEST STATISTICAL RUN EVER in the 16 playoffs.

No QB has ever done it better.

2 more runs and a Matt Bryant FG and he's a 1st ballot HOF and JJ has the greatest catch in super bowl history.

1 hour ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

You just said we should trade for Matthew Stafford who has never won his division or a playoff game in 10 seasons.

Ryan also won his first playoff game in 2012..Don't think that was 2 years ago buddy.

Keep trying.

That guy is mental. One of the easiest ignores in my life on here. Some others are getting close. Losing IQ points just scrolling past. It’s that bad.KS.jpg.63aa9f746654da3858c4383f8e31c5af.jpg

DDC7F992-3954-488E-9224-E64563D6CBFA.thumb.jpeg.c6d37619f2fad834fd1ee705e0302ad2.jpeg

^Some haters need to be like Waldo and get woke.

No.11, PriMeTiiMe, Geneaut and 1 other like this

10 minutes ago, 7979 said:

2 more runs and a Matt Bryant FG and he's a 1st ballot HOF and JJ has the greatest catch in super bowl history.

Only the Falcons could find a way to muck up such a beautiful postseason run. 

Ergo Proxy, 7979, Drew4719 and 1 other like this

39 minutes ago, 7979 said:

bUt MaTt rYaN iSnT pErFeCt LiKe A-A-rOn

Am I doing it right?

Delusional at best. Mentally deranged at worst. Trolling just to laugh at their own posts at saddest.

7979, PriMeTiiMe and Geneaut like this

7 minutes ago, JerseyNo12 said:

Only the Falcons could find a way to muck up such a beautiful postseason run. 

And only our fans are dumb enough to blame Matt and think you can’t win with him. No, you can’t win making stupid decisions. Ryan is way down the list of decisions that caused us to lose that SB, yet here we are. Again. Meanwhile Aaron and others QBs called elite get carried to playoff wins on SB runs but if Ryan leads the way “he has JJ no one else does” etc.

Like is that the only thing? Does run game and OL not count?? Defense clearly matters not at keeping a lead or a team in reach.

Matt is ****ed if he does and ****ed if he doesn’t.

Edited by Ergo Proxy
falcons007 and Geneaut like this

2 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

And only our fans are dumb enough to blame Matt and think you can’t win with him. No, you can’t win making stupid decisions. Ryan is way down the list of decisions that caused us to lose that SB, yet here we are. Again. Meanwhile Aaron and others QBs called elite get carried to playoff wins on SB runs but if Ryan leads the way “he has JJ no one else does” etc.

Like is that the only thing? Does run game and OL not count?? Defense clearly matters not at keeping a lead or a team in reach.

Matt is ****ed if he does and ****ed if he doesn’t.

Some of these people won't be happy until he retires and we go back to the old Falcons having losing seasons every year. I feel bad for Ryan. If only he got drafted by Baltimore he would have won at least 2 Superbowl's with the defensive minded coaching they have. Instead he got stuck with this franchise.

Ergo Proxy and Geneaut like this

3 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

Some of these people won't be happy until he retires and we go back to the old Falcons having losing seasons every year. I feel bad for Ryan. If only he got drafted by Baltimore he would have won at least 2 Superbowl's with the defensive minded coaching they have. Instead he got stuck with this franchise.

Ryan has his faults just like any other QB in the NFL. But he is most underrated QB in NFL. I would say Vick shadow will haunt his legacy. 

Just now, falcons007 said:

Ryan has his faults just like any other QB in the NFL. But he is most underrated QB in NFL. I would say Vick shadow will haunt us legacy. 

Without a doubt. I have mocked his 'punt' throws that he launches into the sky once in a while. Sadly, Like you said a portion of our fans can't let go of Vick and his mediocrity. A large part of his reputation from outside of ATL comes from the start of his career being 0-3 in the playoffs and then the teams meltdown in the Superbowl.

Geneaut, falcons007 and Ergo Proxy like this

Just now, PriMeTiiMe said:

Without a doubt. I have mocked his 'punt' throws that he launches into the sky once in a while. Sadly, Like you said a portion of our fans can't let go of Vick and his mediocrity. A large part of his reputation from outside of ATL comes from the start of his career being 0-3 in the playoffs and then the teams meltdown in the Superbowl.

It’s not just ATL. I was in Houston few months back, the guy at ***** sporting goods was saying ATL would have had 2-3 SB if Vick was QB not Ryan. He was saying Falcons should draft a new QB. I laughed hard and left.