Ben Garland, good person, bad football player

Sandy5prings

I like the story of Ben Garland and salute all veterans. But Garland should literally be the first person cut after this season. If he wants to continue to play football, he can got to another team and get some other QB killed. Once he is done with football, maybe Mr. Blank can hire him as a veterans outreach coordinator. 

Also, any and every scout that made the recommendation to sign Garland has to be kicked out of the facility and banned from the NFL, because whatever methods they are using to scout OL needs to be nuked from the orbit. We need strong athletes at OL. Not people who can be pushed around by 3rd string DTs on bad teams

Edited by Sandy5prings

Too bad I haven't been able to watch any of the games recently because I'm out of market... been let's of Twitter and gamecast for me lol.

But good lord the pictures don't make it seem any better. We have 2 decent OL in Matthews and Mack. Maybe Wes S. is okay? I'll let a line guru tell me that

11 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

Too bad I haven't been able to watch any of the games recently because I'm out of market... been let's of Twitter and gamecast for me lol.

But good lord the pictures don't make it seem any better. We have 2 decent OL in Matthews and Mack. Maybe Wes S. is okay? I'll let a line guru tell me that

Wes is decent. The right side of the line is where the questions lye. Sambrailo is Below-Average to Average. And whoever at RG is just ducking terrible. 

5 hours ago, Sandy5prings said:

I like the story of Ben Garland and salute all veterans. But Garland should literally be the first person cut after this season. If he wants to continue to play football, he can got to another team and get some other QB killed. Once he is done with football, maybe Mr. Blank can hire him as a veterans outreach coordinator. 

Also, any and every scout that made the recommendation to sign Garland has to be kicked out of the facility and banned from the NFL, because whatever methods they are using to scout OL needs to be nuked from the orbit. We need strong athletes at OL. Not people who can be pushed around by 3rd string DTs on bad teams

I didn't really get much going on here Matt Ryan looks like he wasn't paying attention and the guard do that great of a job look like a blown play on both sides of the football.

It all comes down to money - if he wants to stay and make more than his 2018 salary of $2.9 million, I would rather add that space to getting a better FA around.  If he is smart like Irvin was and just accepts something lower to hang around and maybe prove his worth (as a good backup), I could see him staying.

On 12/26/2018 at 11:34 PM, FalconFan13 said:

Actually Ben is a pretty solid rotational DT and he is serviceable as a 3rd string emergency OG.  He is a guy you keep for cheap if you can that makes the team deeper on both sides of the ball.  But he shouldn't be a starter for any significant amount of time like we have made him this year. 

And last year, so we better get this OL fixed. Got wiggle for a solid FA at minimum but may have to get a guy like Ford in round 1 if he is there vs trading back like we might have preferred if OL wasn’t a problem.

Front 7 D and CB decisions 1b, and 2.

Good news is? A stud OL will help cover if Free were to get hurt again; since Coleman is unlikely to come back and our run game needs OL for running game and pass game.

We have talent to score on O and D needs more infusion no question.

Needs a DT

We have depth but need a sure starter caliber; improvement beyond Senat and Crawford, who I did not trust when Grady went down mainly because they can’t eat that many snaps yet and McClain has basically been a bad signing.

DE needs Irvin back and maybe a higher pick; maybe even a 5 tech to play base end and interior vs pass; letting Vic remain a sub package or pass rush DE. Reed probably gone and Shelby won’t be back.

LB needs someone to be THE man if Debo goes down. It ain’t Vondre and he will be on his final year. Duke should be a ST at best based on his body ofwork.

Then, even a corner possibly depending on Alford decision and Oliver projection (Poole is RFA)...

But for real...OG is the biggest glare we have because it may make or break offense becoming elite unit again vs D that needs more than a single pick will yield.

Please stop with the decent defensive lineman rotation. He just happened to make a play against a terrible seattle line. Wilson has made that line look way better than whatcit is. If he were that good he would have taken McClains snaps cause he brought nothing to the table this year. 

Wes needs work but you cant have all pros at all line positions i suppose