Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fuego

Each NFL Team's Worst Player of the 2018 Regular Season

55 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

He isn’t an all-around DE...but he is a very good situational pass rusher who had a good 2nd half.  I can think of many worse players who played significant snaps

He's too young to be a situational pass rusher. Usually those guys are around 10-15 years already in the league.

Did they not watch Duke Riley play? Or Richards? Or Robert Alford? Or Schraeder?

This is a lackadaisical article from someone who probably does not even watch us just thinking of the biggest name without the stats.

Beasley is a disappointment for sure but he is far from our "worst" player. He is not even our worst starter.

3 hours ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

Did they not watch Duke Riley play? Or Richards? Or Robert Alford? Or Schraeder?

This is a lackadaisical article from someone who probably does not even watch us just thinking of the biggest name without the stats.

Beasley is a disappointment for sure but he is far from our "worst" player. He is not even our worst starter.

Yeah by worst they must mean the delta between perceived talent and the expectations vs productivity. He's not the worst but expectations for some of the other guys wasn't much to begin with. It reeks of 'the worst players people actually know of' morecthan anything else.

17 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

He isn’t an all-around DE...but he is a very good situational pass rusher who had a good 2nd half.  I can think of many worse players who played significant snaps

Agree. I think he would thrive in a 3-4. I'm on the fence as to whether to keep him or not. I changed my mind again yesterday and want to cut him. I believe we should re-sign Irvin and Means, then draft a pass rusher to go with Takk.

Falcons In 2012 likes this

4 hours ago, Flying Falcon said:

He's too young to be a situational pass rusher. Usually those guys are around 10-15 years already in the league.

It’s his weight and frame, not his age

22 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Agree. I think he would thrive in a 3-4. I'm on the fence as to whether to keep him or not. I changed my mind again yesterday and want to cut him. I believe we should re-sign Irvin and Means, then draft a pass rusher to go with Takk.

In a perfect world we keep Irvin/Beasley...but it may not be feasible.  Think I’d prefer Irvin.  His veteran presence, along with Debo’s return,  has really helped the defense the last few weeks.  

Unlike most on here, I would wish Beasley the best.  Maybe he beasts put in NE on a 1-year prove it deal.  Of course they’d let him walk afterwards 

Edited by Falconsin2012

3 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

In a perfect world we keep Irvin/Beasley...but it may not be feasible.  Think I’d prefer Irvin.  I think his veteran presence has really helped the defense the last few weeks.  

Unlike most on here, I would wish Beasley the best.  Maybe he beasts put in NE on a 1-year prove it deal.  Of course they’d let him walk afterwards 

WE will keep Beasley,, count on it... I do agree thou that he is not playing his best position..He doesn't have the size to be a great DE in the NFL,, But he would be a great OLB who could rush when we blitz,, When we drafted him I thought that would be the plan,, I think the FO has learned that what they should do. . I think we should draft a true NFL DE in this draft in the top 2 rounds that has the power and strength and SIZE to be  a dominate pass rusher.... I'm hopeing we draft true DE in the First Round with the size to dominate.. and a DT in the second round to help the DE we got in the first to have a hole to run threw...  Then get an OL in the third.. Our OL needs should be gotten in FAcy,, IMO.. we can't take a chance on drafting an OL with our first two very important picks... We have to hit on those... 

putnam6 and Falcons In 2012 like this

7 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

WE will keep Beasley,, count on it... I do agree thou that he is not playing his best position..He doesn't have the size to be a great DE in the NFL,, But he would be a great OLB who could rush when we blitz,, When we drafted him I thought that would be the plan,, I think the FO has learned that what they should do. . I think we should draft a true NFL DE in this draft in the top 2 rounds that has the power and strength and SIZE to be  a dominate pass rusher.... I'm hopeing we draft true DE in the First Round with the size to dominate.. and a DT in the second round to help the DE we got in the first to have a hole to run threw...  Then get an OL in the third.. Our OL needs should be gotten in FAcy,, IMO.. we can't take a chance on drafting an OL with our first two very important picks... We have to hit on those... 

What you say is right.  But we don’t run a 3-4 and as such won’t pay him his 5th year option of $12,000,000.  And he will get that on the open market

Edited by Falconsin2012

5 minutes ago, Flying Falcon said:

So, you're actually saying that Quinn used our first rd 7th pick on a situational pass rusher? 

No one ever drafts busts except Dann Quinn and the Falcons.

Stryka likes this

3 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Thrive idk- some what better prolly so. Keep Irvin on the cheap 

4 hours ago, Draftnut57 said:

I would say exactly the opposite.  No way he's back next year.  

Beasley has been bad this year but his salary for 2018 is only about $4.6 million.  This is not necessarily cheap but if we pay him his $12.8 million option number in 2019, that is when his poor play when full-time or his better play when part-time becomes a real issue.  If we just do not resign him, his cost for next year is $0.

We actually paid Alford $9.6 million this year for primarily full-time play (except last couple of weeks) and have seen other QB's torch our secondary tremendously while he has made flags a routine thing around him.  He is slated for $9.1 million in his contract for next year but would only cost $1.2 million if we cut him.

On a cost basis for this year (2018) alone, I would put Alford as worst.

But, for 2019, if it came down to having Alford at $9.1 million around or Beasley at $12.8 million around, I would take Alford over Beasley.  Hopefully, neither are around at these prices or maybe they agree to massive pay cuts to stay around somehow.

On 12/27/2018 at 1:02 PM, PriMeTiiMe said:

No one ever drafts busts except Dann Quinn and the Falcons.

So, Quinn used our 1st round, 7th pick on a situational pass rusher?

Man is this a joke there is no best or worst in a team sport.

These sorts of threads are a waste of time in my eyes.

It should be all dependent on us as in team.

Best and Worst is just cherry picking for the fans to debate about.

Every team I’ve been in we are one and that’s how I’ve always looked at it in team sports.

On 12/27/2018 at 1:47 PM, osiruz said:

This, though vb44 is in the conversation.

Nah, Richards, Duke, Garland, Schraed, Alf, McClain, and Reed have all had objectively worse years. Vic is 4'th on the team in sacks, no way he's even in the conversation for worst player on the whole team.