HolyMoses

“This Former Falcon . . .” (Jeopardy)

93 posts in this topic

It could be worse...

This team has blown the largest lead in NFC Divisional Playoff history, NFC Conference Championship history & Super Bowl history...all within 4 years?

This team blew the largest lead in SEC Championship game history?

This team surrendered just 9 ppg for the year but had a losing record?

Since 1940, only 4 times has a team scored 36 points with no turnovers and lost.  This team did it back-to-back weeks in 2018?

Edited by Falconsin2012
JDaveG and HolyMoses like this

10 minutes ago, BirdFan33 said:

Peerless was a free agent. He didn’t cost a 1st round pick. 

False.  We gave our 2003 first rounder for him:

https://www.thefalcoholic.com/2018/7/26/17600610/throwback-thursday-series-peerless-price-atlanta-falcons-history

[R1 - 11]

The Bills used it to pick Willis McGahee, so I'm not sure who lost on that deal.

HolyMoses likes this

3 hours ago, Peyton said:

All that stuff is bad, but it's not life or death.  Speaking of which, only the Atlanta Falcons could have two players die within a month of each other in separate car accidents.  For a million morbid Falcons jeopardy points, name those two players.

I just remember Crime Dog

3 hours ago, Peyton said:

All that stuff is bad, but it's not life or death.  Speaking of which, only the Atlanta Falcons could have two players die within a month of each other in separate car accidents.  For a million morbid Falcons jeopardy points, name those two players.

Was it Norwood and Croudip?

rounz and egoprime II like this

17 hours ago, octoslash said:

I got one. 

An astronaut while in space suggested the Houston Oilers draft this future Falcon. 

-NO GOOGLING-

LB from UT....Tommy Nobis..Mr. Falcon himself

rounz and octoslash like this

This former Falcon took a handoff and gained the yardage to have a 1000 yd rushing season. The next play he lost yardage and ended the year at 995 yards. He also finished another season with 997 yards.

This Falcon player's wife was awarded a game ball.

This former Falcon was the oldest player ever on a SB roster.

Edited by Geneaut
HolyMoses likes this

1 hour ago, Falconsin2012 said:

It could be worse...

This team has blown the largest lead in NFC Divisional Playoff history, NFC Conference Championship history & Super Bowl history...all within 4 years?

This team blew the largest lead in SEC Championship game history?

This team surrendered just 9 ppg for the year but had a losing record?

Since 1940, only 4 times has a team scored 36 points with no turnovers and lost.  This team did it back-to-back weeks in 2018?

Why do I keep opening this thread. :vince:

HolyMoses, JDaveG and FalconsIn2020 like this

8 minutes ago, Geneaut said:

This former Falcon took a handoff and gained the yardage to have a 1000 yd rushing season. The next play he lost yardage and ended the year at 995 yards. He also finished another season with 997 yards.

Dave Hampton?

Geneaut, egoprime II and rounz like this

1 hour ago, Geneaut said:

The last has got to be one of my favorite Falcons of all time: Steve DeBerg.  

The longevity, the readiness, the ultimate slight of hand with play action, the tan.....

JDaveG, rounz, Geneaut and 1 other like this

13 hours ago, putnam6 said:

It was Nobis, but cant remember which astronaut

Frank Borman, aboard Gemini VII.  He and Jim Lovell stayed up there in that tiny craft for two weeks

rounz likes this

21 hours ago, Peyton said:

Sadly it was Brad Beckman and Ralph Norwood.  Didn't David Croudip pass away that same year from mixing alcohol and drugs? 

Also....in the late 70's three Falcons LBs were involved in a car accident in Atlanta.  Andy Spiva died, Garth Ten Napel never played football again, and Ralph Ortega eventually did play again.

Driving around Atlanta is no joke.

Edited by egoprime II
correction
rounz likes this

7 hours ago, BirdFan33 said:

Peerless was a free agent. He didn’t cost a 1st round pick. 

Falcons did indeed trade their 1st that year for Price.  Had many debates with coworkers about how bad that trade was before Price even played.

6 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

This team could not manage a winning record despite forcing an astounding 3.5 turnovers per game and allowing an NFL all-time low 230 ypg?

I'm guessing it was the 1977 Falcons, who set the record for fewest points allowed with 127.    Team went 7-7.

FalconsIn2020 likes this

7 hours ago, JDaveG said:

False.  We gave our 2003 first rounder for him:

https://www.thefalcoholic.com/2018/7/26/17600610/throwback-thursday-series-peerless-price-atlanta-falcons-history

[R1 - 11]

The Bills used it to pick Willis McGahee, so I'm not sure who lost on that deal.

Here is what hurts....Baltimore drafted Ed Reed later that round.

JDaveG likes this

4 hours ago, HolyMoses said:

The last has got to be one of my favorite Falcons of all time: Steve DeBerg.  

The longevity, the readiness, the ultimate slight of hand with play action, the tan.....

Yes, sir 

HolyMoses likes this

Ok here is one .  When he became GM\HC of the Falcons, Dan Reeves tried to recruit a former UGA RB to come play for the Falcons.  Name the player.

5 minutes ago, egoprime II said:

Ok here is one .  When he became GM\HC of the Falcons, Dan Reeves tried to recruit a former UGA RB to come play for the Falcons.  Name the player.

Hearst

4 minutes ago, egoprime II said:

You are correct.  Same Hershel Walker who won the Heismann, and led UGA to a national title in 1980.  True story.

Dude could still carry it...

One of my favorite sports quotes.  A reporter asked Hershel if he gets tired carrying the ball 30 times.  His response: “the ball isn’t heavy.”

My favorite quote is from a Russian general.  After learning the Americans beat them to the moon, he looks at the other generals and says “This is an outrage...their Germans beat our Germans to the moon, ****itt.”

Edited by Falconsin2012
egoprime II likes this