Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

caponine

Coleman Payday

97 posts in this topic

I really hope we give Jeremy Langford some snaps Sunday to see if he can be Teco's replacement. Same size. Same speed. I think I remember him being a good receiver coming out of college. I believe Teco's got a groin problem so Hill and Langford may get all the snaps.

Geneaut likes this

18 hours ago, A Dog Named Brian said:

Bye, Felicia. We’ve got some other folks that need to get paid. We’re good with Freeman, Ito, and Hill

You mean Ito and Hill? Freeman will never have a successful complete season again.

jlrfalcon and Osiruz like this

1 hour ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

I really hope we give Jeremy Langford some snaps Sunday to see if he can be Teco's replacement. Same size. Same speed. I think I remember him being a good receiver coming out of college. I believe Teco's got a groin problem so Hill and Langford may get all the snaps.

We do need to see what he has. 

1 hour ago, Summerhill said:

The more money he gets, the higher compensatory pick the Falcons get. 

Excellent point. I hope he gets PAID. first for your point, and Second because he's always answered the bell for us and I'd like to see him get rewarded.

Summerhill likes this

15 minutes ago, A Dog Named Brian said:

No, I mean Freeman, Ito, and Hill. We're good with those three, Coleman can go chase bread elsewhere

Freeman will never be a reliable productive RB again. We are fools if we rely on him for our running game.

5 minutes ago, MAD597 said:

Freeman will never be a reliable productive RB again. We are fools if we rely on him for our running game.

Yes, Lets completely ignore the fact he had 4,362 yards (1,454/yr) and 35 TDs (11-12/yr) in 3 seasons and that's with missing 3 games. FYI only Leveon Bell put up those type of numbers those 3 seasons.

Freeman never got the surgery he should have gotten at the end of 2017 and he paid for it in 2018. By the time the 2019 season rolls around he will be 100% healthy with little wear on his body since 2017. 

A Dog Named Brian likes this

17 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

Yes, Lets completely ignore the fact he had 4,362 yards (1,454/yr) and 35 TDs (11-12/yr) in 3 seasons and that's with missing 3 games. FYI only Leveon Bell put up those type of numbers those 3 seasons.

Freeman never got the surgery he should have gotten at the end of 2017 and he paid for it in 2018. By the time the 2019 season rolls around he will be 100% healthy with little wear on his body since 2017. 

Let's ignore all the Concussion issues, Knee issues and groin issues and bank our entire running game on him. He is literally one concussion away from having to retire and that is if he gets all his knee and groin issue fixed. And even when he was healthy he was a huge liability in the pass blocking game

1 hour ago, MAD597 said:

Let's ignore all the Concussion issues, Knee issues and groin issues and bank our entire running game on him. He is literally one concussion away from having to retire and that is if he gets all his knee and groin issue fixed. And even when he was healthy he was a huge liability int he pass blocking game

Concussions issues were large in part due to his helmet choice. Pretty sure the one he used was banned and can no longer be used. I could be wrong though.

He had successful groin surgery in October and will be fine by 2019. Pretty sure the knee issue was only for a few weeks after the Eagles game. When he came back he suffered the groin injury which was a completely separate issue. Again, Both will be 100% by 2019.

Only thing I do agree with is his pass protection is without a doubt a problem. But I am not keeping Tevin Coleman for 30+ million because he is a better pass blocker. 

I like him.  He has made some good blocks this year in addition to being a good runner on natural turf.   I think he stays because he realizes we're closer to Miami than our record suggests.

3 hours ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

LOL , this really is funny. Cuz Cant believe someone would actually say this

9 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

The Falcons could be drafing a RB late. Is Brian Hill is no longer on his rookie deal? So, he could be Unrestricted Free Agent.

2 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

He's an ERFA.

Hill needs to be #1 back on Sunday to see if last week was a sign of what he is capable.  Very important game for Hill & Ty.  

On 12/26/2018 at 4:35 PM, A Dog Named Brian said:

Bye, Felicia. We’ve got some other folks that need to get paid. We’re good with Freeman, Ito, and Hill

I get what you're saying and am right there with you, however... Until Freeman can stay healthy(which I don't think he will ever), we are not good with Freeman. :huh:

8 hours ago, MAD597 said:

He will give us what he has and as long as he is on the field, he is pretty reliable.

However... That is the problem, staying on the field! 

3 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

I get what you're saying and am right there with you, however... Until Freeman can stay healthy(which I don't think he will ever), we are not good with Freeman. :huh:

Right, but we’ve proven we can win when he goes down. He’s more of a luxury at this point; nice to have him when healthy, but not a necessity to pull out a W

Just now, A Dog Named Brian said:

Right, but we’ve proven we can win when he goes down. He’s more of a luxury at this point; nice to have him when healthy, but not a necessity to pull out a W

Yeah, an EXPENSIVE luxury. 

Plus, he may want to start winding down for his own after football health! 

15 hours ago, caponine said:

or he could run for a 1,000 yards. Yall sh*ttin on this man and bashin him , forget what he did for this team

We cant afford him