Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
caponine

Coleman Payday

97 posts in this topic

34 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

He will probably end up with Browns or Redskins. Good luck to Teco, he made some key plays in 2016.

redskins have ap and guice. Browns have chubb, i doubt he goes to those places

Edited by caponine
Falconsin2012 likes this

I've always expected we lose him but now starting to wonder. Certainly don't want to overpay but Coleman should finish the year around 800 yards and has never broken that plateau any other year. Will an RB with that production get that much money? The argument is he has split time with Freeman but this year he's been the main one.

12 hours ago, Falcon Man™ said:

Stains. 

Classy. 

Darn autocorrect! I type in Saints and it changes it to Stains :lol:

class is for polo, golf and cricket, not American football!

9 hours ago, falcons007 said:

He will probably end up with Browns or Redskins. Good luck to Teco, he made some key plays in 2016.

Browns have Chubb and Duke(basically the same as Coleman but used wrong), they don't have a reason to make that move

1989Fan likes this

9 hours ago, falconfreek123 said:

He can go trip on another team

or he could run for a 1,000 yards. Yall sh*ttin on this man and bashin him , forget what he did for this team

12 hours ago, Falcon Man™ said:

He will get 30. I'd put big money on it. I just hope the Falcons aren't the ones to give it to him. 

falcons wont thats why i already thought about who will pay him. Colts maybe an interesting option, i dont think they pay bell all that money

6 minutes ago, caponine said:

or he could run for a 1,000 yards. Yall sh*ttin on this man and bashin him , forget what he did for this team

That’s AFMB way of life. It’s not a Coleman thing, heck much better players are criticized much more (Ryan, Matthews, Freeman, etc)

4 minutes ago, caponine said:

if Mckinnon got it then he definitely can

Maybe not if Shanny and Lynch aren’t  there to over pay again.

like I said if he does go to another team, I hope he gets a huge deal, the more the better!

Just now, 1989Fan said:

That’s AFMB way of life. It’s not a Coleman thing, heck much better players are criticized much more (Ryan, Matthews, Freeman, etc)

ik i bash Free but no one can deny his skill, thats always one thing ive praised him on .He is the best falcon rb n you need if you want to go far. People have always bashed Ryan since 2008.

vel likes this

1 minute ago, 1989Fan said:

Maybe not if Shanny and Lynch aren’t  there to over pay again.

like I said if he does go to another team, I hope he gets a huge deal, the more the better!

philly, colts, chiefs, ravens are some interesting options tbh. Those teams could use his talents and really get him up there

2 minutes ago, caponine said:

philly, colts, chiefs, ravens are some interesting options tbh. Those teams could use his talents and really get him up there

Chiefs are an interesting thought, they definitely have a need, and Reid knows how to use a receiving RB for sure. That could be dangerous.

not sure if PHI has big money, they were tight in Cap space I think. They could look to replace old *** Sprites though.

the big thing I keep going back to is he didn’t take the torch and run with it when he was given the chance. And when the tweets were out that other NFL personnel felt that way that can hurt his value. If we can keep him affordably it’s good for us, if he gets big bucks somewhere else, also good for us. Just hope he doesn’t sign for 3 years, $3M per somewhere else, then the Falcons lose.

3 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

Chiefs are an interesting thought, they definitely have a need, and Reid knows how to use a receiving RB for sure. That could be dangerous.

not sure if PHI has big money, they were tight in Cap space I think. They could look to replace old *** Sprites though.

the big thing I keep going back to is he didn’t take the torch and run with it when he was given the chance. And when the tweets were out that other NFL personnel felt that way that can hurt his value. If we can keep him affordably it’s good for us, if he gets big bucks somewhere else, also good for us. Just hope he doesn’t sign for 3 years, $3M per somewhere else, then the Falcons lose.

chiefs would be the ideal spot for him, established but up and coming qb and a bunch of playmakers

Philly could decide to sign him for a cheaper deal. He didnt have a great year, when he’s going around negotiating with all these teams. They have the leverage not him, which is interesting

I really dont think he gets 30 mil, more closer 15-20 mil tbh because of what you just said.

55 minutes ago, caponine said:

Even if he does run for 1k+ every year elsewhere, He is not worth 30m to THIS team.

Julio Jones, Grady Jarrett, Deion Jones and Keanu Neal will be getting that extra money.

Boise Falcon Fan likes this

I wouldn’t pay 30 M for Coleman. But It’s typical TATF, the player is easily replaceable if he is gonna sign somewhere else. The reality hits a season later. 

18 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

I wouldn’t pay 30 M for Coleman. But It’s typical TATF, the player is easily replaceable if he is gonna sign somewhere else. The reality hits a season later. 

Have we lost many players that went on to have a lot of success elsewhere? The best one I can think of is Corey Peters in AZ. Generally they have moved on at the right time.

virginiafalcon likes this

2 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

Have we lost many players that went on to have a lot of success elsewhere? The best one I can think of is Corey Peters in AZ. Generally they have moved on at the right time.

I don’t care what player did after, more so what the replacements did. Falcons couldn’t replace Clabo for two years, Abe( he had very good season in Az), Michael Turner, LB group after 2012, Center after Todd McClure, Poe this year. There are many more. 

18 hours ago, caponine said:

Tevin Coleman is looking at a $30 million-plus pay day 

Bwg9Ia8I

WtDsZEG0

aL6X5XMy

6 hours ago
By 
FLOWERY BRANCH — 

Falcons running back Tevin Coleman is set to become an unrestricted free agent after the season.

The comparison for Coleman is San Francisco running back Jerick McKinnon, a former Sprayberry High and Georgia Southern star, who landed a four-year, $30 million deal with the 49ers last offseason after four seasons with Minnesota.

McKinnon, 5-foot-9 and 205 pounds, was selected in the third round (96th overall) in the 2014 NFL draft. He played in 58 games and made 14 starts over his first four seasons.

Coleman, 6-1 and 210 pounds, was drafted in the third round (73rd overall) in the 2015 draft. He’s played in 55 games and made 19 starts heading into the regular-season finale against Tampa Bay.

Mehhh i doubt it probably closer to 15-20 million, what kind of payday do you guys think he gets?? He’ll be a starter somewhere. So many teams with a need for rbs.

I really like TC, and I love him being an integral part of our offense, but at 6 - 8 mil per year, I'll be happy to see him somewhere else next year.

17 hours ago, Lornoth said:

Exactly. I think McKinnon got overpaid, which makes me question using him as the benchmark, but we'll see. I have a feeling Teco will get a good chunk of cash from somebody desperate for speed.

Totally.  There is always one team.  It'll probably be the Raiders.

1 hour ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

Even if he does run for 1k+ every year elsewhere, He is not worth 30m to THIS team.

Julio Jones, Grady Jarrett, Deion Jones and Keanu Neal will be getting that extra money.

100%. Would love to have him back, but this team needs to sign the guys you mentioned, and add some OL & DL players.  He won't be back, unless they decided to not bring Free back.

ATL Fan in the DMV likes this