97 posts in this topic

Tevin Coleman is looking at a $30 million-plus pay day 

Bwg9Ia8I

WtDsZEG0

aL6X5XMy

6 hours ago
By 
FLOWERY BRANCH — 

Falcons running back Tevin Coleman is set to become an unrestricted free agent after the season.

The comparison for Coleman is San Francisco running back Jerick McKinnon, a former Sprayberry High and Georgia Southern star, who landed a four-year, $30 million deal with the 49ers last offseason after four seasons with Minnesota.

McKinnon, 5-foot-9 and 205 pounds, was selected in the third round (96th overall) in the 2014 NFL draft. He played in 58 games and made 14 starts over his first four seasons.

Coleman, 6-1 and 210 pounds, was drafted in the third round (73rd overall) in the 2015 draft. He’s played in 55 games and made 19 starts heading into the regular-season finale against Tampa Bay.

Mehhh i doubt it probably closer to 15-20 million, what kind of payday do you guys think he gets?? He’ll be a starter somewhere. So many teams with a need for rbs.

Just now, A Dog Named Brian said:

Bye, Felicia. We’ve got some other folks that need to get paid. We’re good with Freeman, Ito, and Hill

no need to include hill, i doubt he gets carries but coleman is going to get paid somewhere

Boise Falcon Fan likes this

Just now, RubberDucky said:

LOL. Good luck Teco.

Think any team that pays him $30 mill will be regretting it sooner rather than later.

rightttt lol smh this board is ridiculous sometimes

1 minute ago, Falconsin2012 said:

He has earned it.  I hope he gets it...unfortunately I hope it’s with another team

it is with another team

19 minutes ago, caponine said:

rightttt lol smh this board is ridiculous sometimes

Or I'm just objective.

When I watch him all I see is straight-line speed. He's not elusive at all, he has no power, extremely questionable vision and regularly goes down from the softest contact. I've never been a fan of him as a RB. Think he does some decent things as a pass catcher when schemed into space, but dont find him to be dependable or anything special as a runner. There are quite a few RB's in the NFL that do what Teco does best, even better.

JMO of course. If you dont like it, it aint no skin off my ***.

Edited by RubberDucky
Falconsin2012 and UK13 like this

2 minutes ago, stizz said:

Wanted to flip him at the deadline, but it looked as though the Falcons were going to be competitive at that point.

Would be nice to have had an additional 4th or 5th in the draft.

Well, if Coleman gets that kind of contract, the Falcons WILL get a 4th or even a 3rd.

Ergo Proxy likes this

I hope he gets it, it will be a better comp pick for us then.  That said if I recall there were some snippets from teams around the league that Coleman didn’t do himself any favors this year and failed to maximize his chance to earn a big contract.

5 minutes ago, RubberDucky said:

Or I'm just objective.

When I watch him all I see is straight-line speed. He's not elusive at all, he has no power, extremely questionable vision and regularly goes down from the softest contact. I've never been a fan of him as a RB. Think he does some decent things as a pass catcher when schemed into space, but dont find him to be dependable or anything special as a runner. There are quite a few RB's in the NFL that do what Teco does best, even better.

JMO of course. If you dont like it, it aint no skin off my ***.

ehh dont count him out yet. Philly, Kansas City, Denver, Oakland, Baltimore, Texans, Colts. So many teams need a rb, he will get paid.

1 minute ago, Lornoth said:

McKinnon isn't better than Teco, it just depends on if someone is as desperate as SF was.

I agree but Shanahan overpaid quite a few players his first year including A huge deal to the ravens fullback.

2 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

I agree but Shanahan overpaid quite a few players his first year including A huge deal to the ravens fullback.

Exactly. I think McKinnon got overpaid, which makes me question using him as the benchmark, but we'll see. I have a feeling Teco will get a good chunk of cash from somebody desperate for speed.

2 minutes ago, caponine said:

ehh dont count him out yet. Philly, Kansas City, Denver, Oakland, Baltimore, Texans, Colts. So many teams need a rb, he will get paid.

I hope he gets paid what he wants. Got no qualms with the guy, just dont want it to be us.

I Think the safe bet for him would be going to a team w/ already established #1 back and continue to operate in tandem. I think he'd need to be in a near-perfect situatiuon to be a feature back in the league. Kansas City may be an option for him in that regard.

Falconsin2012 and caponine like this

3 minutes ago, RubberDucky said:

I hope he gets paid what he wants. Got no qualms with the guy, just dont want it to be us.

I Think the safe bet for him would be going to a team w/ already established #1 back and continue to operate in tandem. I think he'd need to be in a near-perfect situatiuon to be a feature back in the league. Kansas City may be an option for him in that regard.

i can agree with that 

Kansas city is a good option, i think baltimore, Indianapolis, Houston are as well.