Vaughn McClure Tweets...some interesting stuff about the coaching staff

The Don™

Dan Quinn said he feels like has folks on the staff who share different opinions in the decision-making process.

Dan Quinn said he'll better assess Vic Beasley after the season without specifically saying if Beasley's trending up.

Dan Quinn made it clear he's going to evaluate the coaches based on the whole season

Dan Quinn still sees Damontae Kazee as a safety/nickel moving forward. We'll see how that plays out when Allen returns. Allen continues to mentor Kazee, who is playing at Allen's free safety spot.

Dan Quinn said both Keanu Neal and Ricardo Allen are the starting safeties if fully healthy next season.

Dan Quinn said he's been especially impressed with @sneakyneas

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the few good things about this season is finding some players that can be solid contributors next year when everyone is back- Foye, Kazee, Neasman, Means, Hill, I. Smith, Gage, Sambraillo- could make up the core of a solid second unit on both sides of the ball. Get a couple of studs for the lines, team could be really good quick.good next year.

The 1st tweet is interesting.  If you recall, Saban essentially fired Sark because of their differences in philosophy and decision making on how the offense should be run...we picked him up before Saban fired him

Multiple sources have confirmed to SB Nation that after meetings with Alabama head coach Nick Saban following the Championship, the relationship between Saban and Sarkisian deteriorated amid disagreements in “system philosophy,” per one source. Both parties planned to move on following Signing Day last Wednesday, and Saban was aware of Sarkisian’s contact with the Falcons.

Edited by Falconsin2012

3 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Quinn better get his coaching evaluations right, because his job depends on it.

Dan Quinn better win some games next year. Doesn't matter if it's coaching hires, roster moves, coaching fires, in game adjustments, time management, situational calls, scheme adjustments, whatever. Miss the playoffs next year and it's State Line.

18 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Dan Quinn better win some games next year. Doesn't matter if it's coaching hires, roster moves, coaching fires, in game adjustments, time management, situational calls, scheme adjustments, whatever. Miss the playoffs next year and it's State Line.

Oh definitely.

if it’s more of the same as this year and they don’t start winning games until after they’ve been eliminated from the playoffs it won’t matter if they only lost every game by one point.

Blank will clean house next year.

29 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

The 1st tweet is interesting.  If you recall, Saban essentially fired Sark because of their differences in philosophy and decision making on how the offense should be run...we picked him up before Saban fired him

Multiple sources have confirmed to SB Nation that after meetings with Alabama head coach Nick Saban following the Championship, the relationship between Saban and Sarkisian deteriorated amid disagreements in “system philosophy,” per one source. Both parties planned to move on following Signing Day last Wednesday, and Saban was aware of Sarkisian’s contact with the Falcons.

One source described the problems between Sarkisian and Saban as “too similar” to the relationship between Saban and former coordinator Kiffin.

“There was an effort on Saban’s part not to repeat the same problem. This wasn’t going to work out,” a source close to Sarkisian told SB Nation.

I find it interesting that he actually said that in front of the media. 

1 hour ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

This is just ridiculous.

Just now, Falconsin2012 said:

To each their own, bud.  I won’t say you are wrong. 

If Quinn wets the bed Sunday against the Sucs it's report to my office Monday morning if I'm Arthur Blank. 

Dude would be barely over .500 with two non winning seasons in his first four years. Not good.

And Quinn was on my short list in 2015. Buddy has shown some serious concerns as our HC.

If that happens I would go hard after Josh McDaniels. Our ceiling is better than the Patriot ceiling.

Maybe Quinn can be our DC if Josh likes him. Maybe not. I'm ready for some as beatin defense.

3 hours ago, Brewcrew said:

Which ironically FFS1970 thinks we should have never let Reeves go.

Bro. There aint no doubt in my mind we would have won a Lombardi in 2004 if Blank hadn't fired Reeves. One of Blank's many mistakes. Don't make me list em all. Now he's wrapped up in a Brotherhood Cocoon. I need rest bro. 

5 hours ago, The Don™ said:

Dan Quinn said he feels like has folks on the staff who share different opinions in the decision-making process.

Dan Quinn said he'll better assess Vic Beasley after the season without specifically saying if Beasley's trending up.

Dan Quinn made it clear he's going to evaluate the coaches based on the whole season

Dan Quinn still sees Damontae Kazee as a safety/nickel moving forward. We'll see how that plays out when Allen returns. Allen continues to mentor Kazee, who is playing at Allen's free safety spot.

Dan Quinn said both Keanu Neal and Ricardo Allen are the starting safeties if fully healthy next season.

Dan Quinn said he's been especially impressed with @sneakyneas

This is ridiculous, Vaughn needs to go work for the Fake news. Short quotes with no context trying to make a story out of nothing.

*Difference in Opinion - Dan says he wants this from his coaching staff. He wants different views, not yes men.

*44 - he gave a short response, that is all.

14 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

If Quinn wets the bed Sunday against the Sucs it's report to my office Monday morning if I'm Arthur Blank. 

Dude would be barely over .500 with two non winning seasons in his first four years. Not good.

And Quinn was on my short list in 2015. Buddy has shown some serious concerns as our HC.

If that happens I would go hard after Josh McDaniels. Our ceiling is better than the Patriot ceiling.

Maybe Quinn can be our DC if Josh likes him. Maybe not. I'm ready for some as beatin defense.

McDaniels? Are you serious :lol: my God you're truly cluless.

1 hour ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Bro. There aint no doubt in my mind we would have won a Lombardi in 2004 if Blank hadn't fired Reeves. One of Blank's many mistakes.  Don't make list em all. Now he's wrapped up in a Brotherhood cocoon. I need rest bro. 

Reeves couldn't win 3 Super Bowls with John Elway.....

2 hours ago, Yo_Lover said:

McDaniels? Are you serious :lol: my God you're truly cluless.

Yeah bro. McDaniels. Top ten offense in 10 of his 11 seasons as an offensive coordinator.

It's time for us to go with an offensive guy over a defensive guy like Quinn or Smitty.

His ceiling is higher in Atlanta than in New England. He just needs to bring a good DC. 

1 minute ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Yeah bro. McDaniels. Top ten offense in 10 of his 11 seasons as an offensive coordinator.

It's time for us to go with an offensive guy over a defensive guy like Quinn or Smitty.

His ceiling is higher in Atlanta than in New England. He just needs to bring a good DC. 

Right because he was so awesome with the Broncos and Colts. Not to mention he hasn't had the best QB in NFL history right? Crazy.