Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cole World

Alex Mack on the fall of the Falcons in 2018

28 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, schwarzenegger321 said:

Most employees wont throw their immediate boss under the bus until after they have moved on.  This is no exception.

Yep.

The team didn’t really say bad things about Petrino until after he went Hog Suey.

UK13, HolyMoses and Halcon-1 like this

58 minutes ago, schwarzenegger321 said:

Most employees wont throw their immediate boss under the bus until after they have moved on.  This is no exception.

Exactly. If you do, Look what happens.

Pointing at you DJ Swearinger

Flying Falcon likes this

1 minute ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

You place a few roughnecks on each side of him and watch that offense go to work.

<_<

I agree. I think one thing we are missing with our running game was attitude. When Freeman is healthy, he is the one that finishes runs and gets people going. Add some nastiness at the guard position and get Freeman healthy and this offense is going to be unstoppable.

I liked what Brian Hill brought last game. I can’t remember the last time I saw our running game pump up the team.

Stryka and HASHBROWN3 like this

12 minutes ago, Jpg428gggg said:

I agree. I think one thing we are missing with our running game was attitude. When Freeman is healthy, he is the one that finishes runs and gets people going. Add some nastiness at the guard position and get Freeman healthy and this offense is going to be unstoppable.

I liked what Brian Hill brought last game. I can’t remember the last time I saw our running game pump up the team.

Not a big fan of Hill I’ll be honest, but I do believe in second chances 

Vandy and Dutty Ole Bird like this

1 hour ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

Not a big fan of Hill I’ll be honest, but I do believe in second chances 

I think he was mostly talking about Hill's 'swagger'. Hill was taking it to the defenders much as Freeman does.

HASHBROWN3 likes this

3 hours ago, schwarzenegger321 said:

Don't hold your breath waiting for Mack to throw Sark under the bus after he's fired. You'll turn blue. It isn't happening. Mack lives in a world of individual accountability. That is how I was raised. I won't go pointing fingers till I get the man in the mirror straight. I think that mentality still has merit. There has to be balance with the fact that those with the power to make decisions have the most impact, but every individual matters. 

Drew4719, gazoo, Lowndesfalc and 1 other like this

5 minutes ago, octoslash said:

Nope. 

You weren't here in 1981 were you? 

Nope, but I was here in 1999, 2005, and 2013. Well, I wasn't a fan in 1999 but I was alive. Witnessed the 2005/2006 and 2013 disappointments too. If we want to make comparison tho, the most disappointing Falcons seasons besides 2018 are 1999 and 2013. The 1980 Falcons were a great team for its time but compared to today the expectations have gone up. 12-4 and one and done out of the playoffs is an epic failure in the modern Falcons era but an accomplishment in the old Falcons era. 1998, 2004, 2010, 2012, and 2016 individually beat 1980. Winning the division for the first time in franchise history and having 12 wins was a luxury for Falcons fans during that time. The Eagles have shown the Falcons how our best teams should have got it done more than once. 

Dutty Ole Bird likes this

All I got to say is coaching should held accountable for those not performing in the scheme. I mean if all is well but the results aren’t what they’re  supposed to be then someone in charge could be the problem....does that mean DQ TD Sark MM IDK 

Flying Falcon likes this

4 hours ago, Geneaut said:

I think he was mostly talking about Hill's 'swagger'. Hill was taking it to the defenders much as Freeman does.

Then I can get behind him.  You can never have enough leadership & swag in battle.

9 hours ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

You place a few roughnecks on each side of him and watch that offense go to work.

<_<

Chris Chester. They never found a replacement. He is very, very under-rated.

HASHBROWN3, Stryka and capologist like this

20 hours ago, schwarzenegger321 said:

Good policy.  Look at DJ Swearinger...

19 hours ago, Falcanuck said:

If your coaches aren’t calling plays that cater towards players’ skill sets, they are a massive liability. 

Agreed.  

19 hours ago, Falcanuck said:

If your coaches aren’t calling plays that cater towards players’ skill sets, they are a massive liability. 

How did you get that out of this:

"I think it's more about how players perform with the plays that are called and getting a groove and moving forward than it is pure X's and O's.

2 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

How did you get that out of this:

"I think it's more about how players perform with the plays that are called and getting a groove and moving forward than it is pure X's and O's.

He’s saying that they didn’t execute and giving his coaches a pass on play calling. 

19 hours ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

<_<

We need 3 linemen in the 1st 5 rounds. Nasty dudes. Both guards and a tackle to compete