Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PriMeTiiMe

Best QB Season for a team under .500?

114 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, ant.accurate said:

I’m taking whoever the Cowboys play in the first round.

The Cowboys are most likely to play the Seahawks in the first round. I would take Seattle as well. 

9 hours ago, robertap said:

So, with all of those 7-9 seasons, Brees must suck then, right?

Winning is a team stat, not a QB stat.  You can have a crap QB on a good team and win a Superbowl.  (Trent Dilfer)  You can have one of the best QB's of all time and never win a Superbowl.  (Dan Marino) 

Matt Ryan is statistically one of the best ever, but has never played with a defense that pulls its own weight.  His offensive lines, throughout his career, have been suspect.  The one year where he had a somewhat decent OL, he went to the Superbowl, despite the defense being unable to play with any consistency.

Maybe when Ryan finally retires, and the team goes back to being a perennial loser, fans will finally appreciate what they had in this guy.

I got a gut feeling this next couple of years will be the best defense Ryan's ever gonna have on his long career. Let's just hope it will be enough to carry the team. That's if injury doesn't destroy it.

8 hours ago, jay1k2 said:

What do you mean? He's playing great at his position. His team sucks. It's not rocket science.

Yet, a losing record. 

8 hours ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

74%, 3,922 Yards, 32 TDs, 5 INTs, 115 QB Rating
66%, 4,816 Yards, 48 TDs, 11 INTs, 114 QB Rating
66%, 3,296 Yards, 34 TDs, 6 INTs, 112 QB Rating
69%, 4,546 Yards, 33 TDs, 6 INTs, 108 QB Rating - Ryan
68%, 4,132 Yards, 31 TDs, 10 INTs, 107 QB Rating
68%, 3,931 Yards, 26 TDs, 9 INTs, 104 QB Rating
70%, 4,166 Yards, 29 TDs, 10 INTs, 100 QB Rating
65%, 4,489 Yards, 28 TDs, 12 INTs, 99 QB Rating
67%, 4,308 Yards, 36 TDs, 14 INTs, 98 QB Rating
66%, 3,060 Yards, 24 TDs, 12 INTs, 96 QB Rating
65%, 4,105 Yards, 25 TDs, 11 INTs, 95 QB Rating
68%, 3,498 Yards, 18 TDs, 8 INTs, 94 QB Rating
58%, 1,022 Yards, 6 TDs, 3 INTs, 84 QB Rating

Above are the QB stats for the 12 guys starting currently listed in the playoffs with Ryan mixed in.. I sorted it by QB Rating.

You're right, Ryan is the reason for our season and clearly to blame. His stats are TERRIBLE compared to the 12 guys in the playoffs!

2Q==.jpg

22 hours ago, Falcon Man™ said:

There is no way we should have a losing season with all of the talent we have on this team - especially offensively. 

Ryan may statistically be having a great season, but the biggest stat is winning and I will not make excuses for him because there aren't any.

Mr. Falcon Man Says we aren't winning and that's Ryan's fault. 

11 hours ago, Falcon Man™ said:

Yet, a losing record. 

Guess that means Brees sucks since he had FIVE 7-9 seasons and Rodgers sucks since they're 6-8-1 right now. Losing Season that's all that matters Mr. FalconMan!

17 hours ago, FinalScore2.0 said:

That's your opinion, you're entitled to it. I don't consider him Elite but he's good enough to help the team win. Maybe if the team had a Lombardi trophy he could be in the discussion.

Now moving on to Mr. Final Score...Winning a lombardi would make Ryan Elite. Again, About a TEAM sport and winning. 

16 hours ago, FinalScore2.0 said:

Let's not confuse win and lose records with the performance of a QB. QB is only one member of a team. The game can be lost on special teams, defense, bad coaching etc. I've never like QBs having wins and loses. It's just for entertainment.

So Ryan having a near perfect playoff run and Superbowl but somehow he is not elite because the morons around him fell flat on their face? Ryan had a great "performance". Make up your mind FinalScore.

16 hours ago, FinalScore2.0 said:

My point that was I trying to make, maybe not very well, was that a Lombardi would put Ryan in a different discussion. Julio needs a Lombardi less than Ryan because of his talent level.

Here we go again, Now he needs a Lombari. What happened to a team sport and not judging Wins/Losses? What happened to just being about the performance of the QB Final Score??

15 hours ago, FinalScore2.0 said:

And what was the team record that year? What's your point?

Ummm again FinalScore, I thought you didn't like judging Wins/Losses? You claim guys like Brees makes a guy like Colston great despite the fact they went 7-9 multiple seasons but when someone says Ryan made Douglas great the year Roddy was done and Julio was out injured that doesn't matter because of our record? MAKE UP YOUR MIND

I'm flip flopping but not you? He said Ryan MADE Harry Douglas a 1000 yard receiver.  Where was Roddy? Where was Julio? How many options did he have to throw to? Was Ryan calling all the plays? Stick to the discussion.... Ryan made Douglas a 1000 yard receiver.

This guy claims to be a Falcons fan but doesn't even know that Roddy was crap that year and Julio was out. Good job bud.

Okay it's late here.

Ryan is the best thing since slice bread. He made an unknown guy named Douglas a 1000 yard receiver and he'll do the same with Russell Gage if wants to.

Put him on the Saints and he'll make people forget about Drew Brees.

Put him on the Packers team and he'll lead that team to a Lombardi.

Happy now? :D

When you realize you're flopping arguments every time you speak this is how it ends. 

Edited by PriMeTiiMe
robertap likes this

1 hour ago, conn said:

A lot of garbage time stats. But I don’t think Ryan is the teams problem. 

Every losing team in NFL history has garbage time stats. No one cared when it was Brees throwing for 5k every year at 7-9.

2 hours ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

Now moving on to Mr. Final Score...Winning a lombardi would make Ryan Elite. Again, About a TEAM sport and winning.

Well into the gutter we go. The biggest problem chatting on boards is people can't hold the topic. They want to mix and match and try to distract because they don't have a strong argument, i.e. trying to make it a Michael Vick argument when no one was discussing Vick. I'll take the blame for giving the benefit of of the doubt that people can stay on point. My bad.

Matt Ryan has decent numbers (stats) but has he set the bar? People brought up HOF players. Marino set a standard with his passing yardage in one season. Doesn't matter that he didn't win the Lombardi. Others set the bar thru longevity and amass big numbers.

The point was that Ryan would elevate his status if he had a Lombardi. Do you follow?

So Ryan having a near perfect playoff run and Superbowl but somehow he is not elite because the morons around him fell flat on their face? Ryan had a great "performance".

This is like the kids who go back and forth about whose Daddy is best. I understand some people have a Bromance with Ryan and get defensive when others don't share that Bromance. You need a athlete to look up to as a hero, fine. More power to you.

You twisted the words by saying I said he is not elite because of the Superbowl.  You're tinkering with libel. I did say he wasn't perfect because he didn't throw the ball away in the 4th qtr when the team was still in FG range. He should know not to take a sack in that situation

Here we go again, Now he needs a Lombari. What happened to a team sport and not judging Wins/Losses? What happened to just being about the performance of the QB Final Score??

Here again you are mixing and matching arguments. It's not your fault. I'll to clear it up for you.

Wins and loses given to a QB, any QB, I disagree with. But it is what it is, for entertainment value.

Is he considered "Elite" or will he be inducted into the HOF. Elite is a subjective term. There really isn't a "universal" standard. It's like an opinion or butt hole, everyone has one.

Refer back to my first point about winning a Lombardi. Win a team wins the Superbowl, the Owner of team receives the Lombardi trophy and the players and coaches get individual rings to that signify that they were on that winning team. (See I'm not making assumptions now)

When the committee decides who enters the HOF and who does not, having played on a Superbowl winning team is also a factor.

3 hours ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

Ummm again FinalScore, I thought you didn't like judging Wins/Losses?

I said I don't like wins and loses added to a QB record

3 hours ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

You claim guys like Brees makes a guy like Colston great despite the fact they went 7-9 multiple seasons but when someone says Ryan made Douglas great the year Roddy was done and Julio was out injured that doesn't matter because of our record?

The original statement made by another poster was that Ryan made Douglas a 1000 yard receiver.  Did Ryan make Douglas great as you say?

Anyone who knows that Douglas had a 1000 yard season also knows the state of the team at that time. Again I didn't think I needed to spell that out for you but then again I wasn't responding to you at the time. For you --  Roddy was playing thru injuries the beginning of the season. (That why Roddy was crap as you say) Julio was unavailable. If teams focused on Roddy that left single coverage on Douglas. The other guys, Drew Davis, Kevin Cone, D. Johnson didn't make much of an impact. Maybe you would say Ryan chose not to make them 1000 yard receivers.

My ending was to satisfy those of you who need to defend Daddy. Your bromance is set...God bless you. I stand by what I said, Ryan is good enough.

2 hours ago, conn said:

A lot of garbage time stats. But I don’t think Ryan is the teams problem. 

False. 

If you look at Matt's splits he has more yardage, TDs, cmp%, and throws fewer INTs in the First Half versus the Second Half of his games for his career.

2018 he's almost exactly 50/50.

Edited by Geneaut

17 minutes ago, FinalScore2.0 said:

My ending was to satisfy those of you who need to defend Daddy. Your bromance is set...God bless you. I stand by what I said, Ryan is good enough.

You have two sets of standards, and you were called out on it.  You haven't said anything to alter the fact that you have two sets of standards.  You accuse us of having a bromance because we're pointing out your double standards. 

As you said, it's a forum, and everyone is entitled to an opinion, it just seems that your opinion has two different sets of criteria that conflict, depending on the player that you're evaluating.

PriMeTiiMe and Geneaut like this

7 minutes ago, robertap said:

You have two sets of standards, and you were called out on it.  You haven't said anything to alter the fact that you have two sets of standards.  You accuse us of having a bromance because we're pointing out your double standards. 

As you said, it's a forum, and everyone is entitled to an opinion, it just seems that your opinion has two different sets of criteria that conflict, depending on the player that you're evaluating.

Bingo.

Geneaut likes this