Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Macintez

He will probably be let go, but to be honest? I wouldn’t mind keeping Sark another year...

68 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, falconfanEST1989 said:

Jet sweep last year against the Patriots from the 1........ not his fault....    down by 20 to packers ,, still running the ball with only 150 yards of total offense.... not his fault lmao

Yep.  Welcome to the Atlanta Falcons excuse board.

It wasn’t his fault the players didn’t execute

it wasn’t the players fault they were tired 

6 minutes ago, Stryka said:

I look at the talent thats been out there and I don't see a lack of depth or talent. I see poor execution and poor gameplanning. Teco has less than 300 receiving yards with the bulk of that comin in 2 games. I see a run game thst cant get going for 6 weeks. I see an offense that was hot get checked by the Browns and shutdown by steelers.  Sark definitely can call some decent games but when we need adjustments he is inept. We have never come back to win a game under Sark. At least it feels like that. For that reason we need an upgrade. 

Shanahan had a pro bowler in Freeman, a healthy Levitre, Schweitzer, and Schraeder 2 years younger.

Sark lost Levitre to season ending injuries in both seasons, lost Fusco, and Schraeder is now a bottom 5 tackle in the league. And, he lost Freeman. 

No question Sark's job has been harder.

We went 1-4 to start the season, You let that happen again next season or even go 0-2.  We going to be calling for Quinn and anyone one else to leave if Sark is here or not.

11 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Shanahan had a pro bowler in Freeman, a healthy Levitre, Schweitzer, and Schraeder 2 years younger.

Sark lost Levitre to season ending injuries in both seasons, lost Fusco, and Schraeder is now a bottom 5 tackle in the league. And, he lost Freeman. 

Oh it would be hard to ask any OC to deal with injuries we had. However teams do it and remain competitive. The good ones anyway. Sark is just so inconsistent. 1 week he is a god and next week he looks like he is a rookie playcaller.  I was gonna say he improved but too many bad games. 2 top 10 offenses in 2 years aint a sham though. I suppose I wouldnt lose my **** with another year but we better win division next year. Lol

21 minutes ago, Stryka said:

Oh it would be hard to ask any OC to deal with injuries we had. However teams do it and remain competitive. The good ones anyway. Sark is just so inconsistent. 1 week he is a god and next week he looks like he is a rookie playcaller.  I was gonna say he improved but too many bad games. 2 top 10 offenses in 2 years aint a sham though. I suppose I wouldnt lose my **** with another year but we better win division next year. Lol

We certainly have the personnel for it. The thing is, so many things have to go right in order to win a division. The ball has to bounce your way, you need to escape the injury bug, your opponent needs to drop the most costly pass at the best time for you. This happened in 2016 for the Falcons. It's happening right now for the Saints. Look at the game against the Steelers just 3 days ago. Not sure if you watched, but the Steelers CLEARLY should have won this game. The Saints are simply just riding the hot hand of luck this season. But the reality is, that happens to every team that's having a great season. 

20 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

We certainly have the personnel for it. The thing is, so many things have to go right in order to win a division. The ball has to bounce your way, you need to escape the injury bug, your opponent needs to drop the most costly pass at the best time for you. This happened in 2016 for the Falcons. It's happening right now for the Saints. Look at the game against the Steelers just 3 days ago. Not sure if you watched, but the Steelers CLEARLY should have won this game. The Saints are simply just riding the hot hand of luck this season. But the reality is, that happens to every team that's having a great season. 

Saints are having a good season but they also do a great job of finishing. The win the close games more than often. Yes they are opportunistic. They seem lucky but they just make plays. There definitely is some luck involved but like the old quote "Luck favors the hard worker" or something like that. Lol.  I dont think we have to be special to win our division. Its tough but we went 4-2 in this year. Just gotta close. That means pass rush and running the ball better 

6 minutes ago, Stryka said:

Saints are having a good season but they also do a great job of finishing. The win the close games more than often. Yes they are opportunistic. They seem lucky but they just make plays. There definitely is some luck involved but like the old quote "Luck favors the hard worker" or something like that. Lol.  I dont think we have to be special to win our division. Its tough but we went 4-2 in this year. Just gotta close. That means pass rush and running the ball better 

Maybe not to win the division, but to have a season like saints? Luck has to be on your side. Think about their game against us, dropped by pick by Trufant, game is over if he catches it. 2 missed tackles on a Brees spin...Saints are legit for sure. But there is a handful of games they could have easily lost this season too. But like I said, happens with every team that catches fire

1 hour ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Shanahan had a pro bowler in Freeman, a healthy Levitre, Chester, and Schraeder 2 years younger.

Fixed the Chester vs Schweitzer part.

But for real, Sark also had to come in and deal with everyone around the league getting an offseason to scout, personnel adapt, scheme/strat develop and counter punch our now fully scoutable style.

To top it off, those losses (with DiMarco and now we don’t even use a FB!) and the absolute terrible downturn of our run game...yeah, not an apples to apples comparison at all...

Drew4719, Stryka and JD dirtybird21 like this

3 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Fixed the Chester vs Schweitzer part.

But for real, Sark also had to come in and deal with everyone around the league getting an offseason to scout, personnel adapt, scheme/strat defelop and counter punch our now fully scoutable style.

To top it off, those losses (with DiMarco and now we don’t even use a FB!) and the absolute terrible downturn of our run game...yeah, not an apples to apples comparison at all...

Ah thank you for the correction and strengthening my argument. ;)

Schwarzwald likes this

19 hours ago, Macintez said:

Sark is not the reason the offense failed. 

The piss-poor offensive line is the reason.

No offensive coordinator, no QB, no skill-player, no system will thrive without an offensive line. It is a must have for any team to succeed. What coordinator can thrive in spite of that? Now there are special coordinators that are hands on with the blocking scheme like Shanahan and Kubiak and even McCarthy but honestly I thought our offense line sucked for the last 4 years... We can’t run the ball when it counts, which I absolutely HATE! Has anyone noticed that we have to use the threat of the pass game to open the run game? That is backwardsass football. Build these trenches, give the QB+skill-players another year, and let’s establish some type of cohesiveness for the sake of being able to win in the future. Sark has made some bass-awkward playcalls but if the o-line can’t hold a block for more than 2 secs what good is a different coordinator going to do? 

NOT A **** THANG!!!!

Must run the ball.

7 hours ago, russ7000 said:

I dont understand why we won't focus on the O - Line knowing this makes Ryan a better QB and he does not function well with out one

This...having a good o-line can give MR2 time to make better reads. I agree that Sark DOES call some bonehead stuff at times but I'm thinking that Quinn brought him here mainly because he knows Sark will be here for a while knowing it's going to take him some time to mold and so no other team will be looking at Sark for a job any time soon. It keeps consistency with our offense...what I DO wonder though is that is keeping Sark here part of Quinn's plan to just keep the offense going while putting a major focus on building a stellar defense since that is suppose to be his area of "expertise".

Every team in the NFL has holes, the great coordinators can scheme around those holes though and minimize their exposure.

I know many in here were completely spoiled by Shanny in his second year but lets not pretend that he didn't make questionable decisions as well. **** just the second half of the Super Bowl alone trumps every mistake Sark has made. But to not give most of the  blame to the players is completely laughable