Does Front office, Dan Quinn and Matt Ryan still support Sark?

There are 2 things that that have been said that make me think Sark might be back next year. One Arthur Blank specifically said coaching is not the problem. And listening to Matt Ryan talk about Sark I tried to pay attention closely and I got the impression he favors Sark. He said he thought Sark was good in 2017 because they almost made it back to the SB. I felt like Ryan was sincere when he praised Sark about a month ago. Julio I can't tell if he liked Sark or not when I listened to him talk about him.  When our o line plays well I think Sark has done a good job this year. I don't really want to keep changing coordinators unless Kubiak comes here. 

So my question is do you guys get the impression Sark is supported by Quinn, Matt Ryan Julio, Thomas D? I know Blank said it's up to Thomas D and DQ who comes back next year. Has anything been said in interviews that makes you think DQ, Thomas D, Matty Ice or Julio supports Sark or is frustrated with him?

They keep things pretty tight to the vest.  If I had to guess I would say they won’t fire him unless and until they have his replacement lined up.

I would further guess that Blank already offered to back up the Brinks truck for Kubiac and he said no thanks, and the other options aren’t that great, so another year of Sark may not be worse than ANOTHER new coordinator that isn’t a top longterm choice.  If there’s not an ideal replacement out there, I doubt they’ll fire him just to fire him.

Here's my thoughts: IF...Sark goes ( I think he's terrible )..we hire a replacement...The team finishes out of playoffs & or hss a bad year ( I see 9-7 at best in 2019)... IF AB pulls the plug on DQ & staff...here we go again, new staff!...My answer, AB, you got to make the move NOW!

Remember "Trust the process'?  No debate that some of the plays seemed dialed back this past year: a.  in effort to a bigger picture;that AB has accepted  or b.  because we have a train wreck at OC.  IMHO we will know which WAS correct by the next 5 regular season games, so it's serenity prayer time.

I think that if anyone's going this offseason, it's going to be Manuel and Armstrong.  IMHO, Armstrong is just a complete failure at ST.  Manuel seems to be worthless as DC.  Dan Quinn was brought in here because he was a great defensive coach.  He needs to run the defense for this team and let the OC run the offense.

I also think that the OL coach, the secondary coach, the WR coach, and the DL coach need to go.  That's a lot of turnover, but the players at those positions are not really developing for us. 

OL development is just trash, but I suspect a lot of that is the weak talent pool that our front office has given them to work with.  Even so, players have been regressing who shouldn't be regressing. 

Our WR's have had the dropsies for the past two seasons.  The stats were insane last year, but there have been a ton of drops again this year.  According to some, Matt Ryan has a noodle arm, so he's probably not throwing it too hard for them.  <shrug>

Our DB's are just getting embarrassed out there.  All year.  Something has to give.

As with our OL, our DL just isn't developing.  Beasley and Takk have a lot of raw talent that just hasn't been developed.  Senat also appears to have a ton of talent, but again, not developing through the year.  We need to get better out of our DL, especially with all of the draft investment that we've put into those positions.

3 hours ago, quotemokc said:

Matt Ryan would support everyone no matter what. 

I don't think he is a blind loyalist. I think he expresses himself behind closed doors, but holds tight to the party line in public. My guess is he, like most top QBs, will support an OC if he really feels he has that OCs ear. 

9 hours ago, robertap said:

As with our OL, our DL just isn't developing.  Beasley and Takk have a lot of raw talent that just hasn't been developed.  Senat also appears to have a ton of talent, but again, not developing through the year.  We need to get better out of our DL, especially with all of the draft investment that we've put into those positions.

I agree. Quinn came to Atlanta with the rep as a DL guru, sure haven’t seen much of that during his time here. 

1 hour ago, Vandy said:

I agree. Quinn came to Atlanta with the rep as a DL guru, sure haven’t seen much of that during his time here. 

A head coach is supposed to head coach. It doesn’t benefit the team as a whole if he coaches the DL

1 hour ago, shc said:

A head coach is supposed to head coach. It doesn’t benefit the team as a whole if he coaches the DL

Obviously my point flew over your head. A HC who specializes in DL should have an idea of what it entails to develop his young DL talent through his assistants. Obviously to me and most who watch football, Beasley and Takk have taken steps backwards this season in their development under this coaching staff. That’s unacceptable. 

Fact is, Quinn was hired to fix the D, and overall is no better than when he arrived here. Which is Again, unacceptable.

Fire every major coordinator, Offer Kubiak whatever he wants. Tell Quinn to take over the defense and just find someone that can be a decent assistant. I don't care if he is the head coach, FIX THE DEFENSE. That is your specialty and they look like garbage. Find a special teams coach who isn't the worst one in the league like we currently have. 

On ‎12‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 5:35 PM, Falcons Fan MVP said:

There are 2 things that that have been said that make me think Sark might be back next year. One Arthur Blank specifically said coaching is not the problem. And listening to Matt Ryan talk about Sark I tried to pay attention closely and I got the impression he favors Sark. He said he thought Sark was good in 2017 because they almost made it back to the SB. I felt like Ryan was sincere when he praised Sark about a month ago. Julio I can't tell if he liked Sark or not when I listened to him talk about him.  When our o line plays well I think Sark has done a good job this year. I don't really want to keep changing coordinators unless Kubiak comes here. 

So my question is do you guys get the impression Sark is supported by Quinn, Matt Ryan Julio, Thomas D? I know Blank said it's up to Thomas D and DQ who comes back next year. Has anything been said in interviews that makes you think DQ, Thomas D, Matty Ice or Julio supports Sark or is frustrated with him?

I think we should just fire the QB coach  

44 minutes ago, capologist said:

Sark really isn't the issue.  Playcalling has nothing to do with fumbles and drops nor an offensive line that needs at least 2 of 5 replaced...

Plus playing with backup guards and a struggling right tackle doesn't help anything.  I have seen times where I've wondered what Sark is doing, but then see it's an execution thing.  

10 hours ago, capologist said:

Sark really isn't the issue.  Playcalling has nothing to do with fumbles and drops nor an offensive line that needs at least 2 of 5 replaced...

We can complain about playcalling and scheme all we want.  The NFL is first and foremost about talent. Too much of our talent was on ir this season.

I don't expect any major coaching changes.