Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cole World

Falcons Interior Defensive Line Jarrett and Crawford have 6 sacks a piece

43 posts in this topic

21 hours ago, atljbo said:

i still dont think the pocket  is collapsed inside enough.... i feel like QBs are allowed to step up inside the pocket and Takk and Beasley come off the edge...

I feel like we are missing power rushers.... A big Hicks or Chris Jones type rusher... Thats why i like Simmons or Rawkwon Davis  if we are picking 13

agreed.   Jack Crawford is a good player but he shouldn't be a player that you really count on.

I never understood why teams like Saints and Patriots didn't hang onto Akeem Hicks - I know he was raw coming out of college in Canada but he caught my eye early as an impact player.   Falcons need a Hicks/Chris Jones type player.

3 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

agreed.   Jack Crawford is a good player but he shouldn't be a player that you really count on.

I never understood why teams like Saints and Patriots didn't hang onto Akeem Hicks - I know he was raw coming out of college in Canada but he caught my eye early as an impact player.   Falcons need a Hicks/Chris Jones type player.

Because it took him until his 6 year to "GET IT" ... Thats why i dont believe in getting rid of guys who has shown you  they have the talent and the flashes...

6 years into his career and now he is consistently one of the better  DTs.... it took time tho

21 hours ago, voicefromdade said:

Give me a rotation of

Grady, Crawford, Senat, Rashede hageman and a 330 pound run stuffer

tak, Beasley, Bruce Irvin, means and edge rusher from draft

Hageman? Really? Did you even watch a game this year? Shede isn’t employed by the NFL. 

41 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

SO happy the Saints lost Hicks. Imagine if he were on the DL?! Dudes a monster

Schwarzwald, g-dawg, atljbo and 1 other like this

1 hour ago, Falcanuck said:

Hageman? Really? Did you even watch a game this year? Shede isn’t employed by the NFL. 

I watched every game this year and the year before and the year before... I know hageman was cut due to a domestic charge of some nature...

i know he is out of the league, I know he was working this past offseason to get back in... probably not a good sign that he was unable to do so

but I also know that he’s a big strong body which we are currently missing and when he decided he really wanted to, he could push the pocket better than anyone currently employed by the falcons... that’s why I suggested putting him into a rotation to where he isn’t asked to do much but just go in on a limited snap count and disrupt and punish the man in front of him.  If he’s serious about coming back, he’s the type of big body we lack and he should be a relatively cheap option to fill a need.

On 12/25/2018 at 3:02 PM, atljbo said:

i still dont think the pocket  is collapsed inside enough.... i feel like QBs are allowed to step up inside the pocket and Takk and Beasley come off the edge...

I feel like we are missing power rushers.... A big Hicks or Chris Jones type rusher... Thats why i like Simmons or Rawkwon Davis  if we are picking 13

I like Dre'Mont Jones as a pass rusher. Not really a power guy but an elite interior pass rusher that gets the QB moving off his spot.

2 minutes ago, HEIST said:

I like Dre'Mont Jones as a pass rusher. Not really a power guy but an elite interior pass rusher that gets the QB moving off his spot.

To me if you like Ed Oliver potential as a rusher..... You have to like Dre'Mont Jones...... To me as a rusher he is what we think Ed Oliver potential says he should be as a rusher.

If we went guard or another position in the first round.... I would not mind Jones in the 2nd round at all if he fell there.

His problem is he is PURELY a pass rusher atleast his first 2 years in the NFL..... I dont think he will hold up against the run at all off bat..... IDK is that what coach them want at this current time

Schwarzwald and g-dawg like this

1 minute ago, atljbo said:

To me if you like Ed Oliver potential as a rusher..... You have to like Dre'Mont Jones...... To me as a rusher he is what we think Ed Oliver potential says he should be as a rusher.

If we went guard or another position in the first round.... I would not mind Jones in the 2nd round at all if he fell there.

His problem is he is PURELY a pass rusher atleast his first 2 years in the NFL..... I dont think he will hold up against the run at all off bat..... IDK is that what coach them want at this current time

Yeah, to me Grady is great interior rusher as well as Takk.   I want someone who can push the pocket as the tandem guy for Grady - not as worried about sacks there as pure power - then of course we need to upgrade Beasley as well - maybe we could just re-sign Bruce Irvin for a few years while we look for Vic's replacement - as we need to address all three spots of Falcons interior offensive line.

3 minutes ago, atljbo said:

Yeh I think he has potential vs the run but obviously very bad right now. I saw someone point out that his strengths/knocks are the same as Fletcher Cox coming out which got me intrigued.

I would not hate taking Devin White and Dre'Mont Jones, I don't think Jones makes it to the mid 2nd tho.

8 minutes ago, HEIST said:

Yeh I think he has potential vs the run but obviously very bad right now. I saw someone point out that his strengths/knocks are the same as Fletcher Cox coming out which got me intrigued.

I would not hate taking Devin White and Dre'Mont Jones, I don't think Jones makes it to the mid 2nd tho.

I like jones... I think his biggest knocks will be size like  Oliver... IDK  if he is 285...His body type... He doesnt look that big but he is lightening quick with active hands.... I compare him more to Geno Atkins (skillset wise)... that burst and quickness is insane.....

Fletcher Cox was 3 bills coming out and now he is like 310-315lbs.... To me Jeffery Simmons game remind me of Cox but **** that incident happen

On 12/25/2018 at 3:02 PM, atljbo said:

Michgan's Rashan Gary is the only NCAA D-Lineman that I predict they might select at #10 or #11.

That's if The Lions pass on him at #5.

I think they may select Deionte Thompson, FS from Alabama at #11, and move Kazee back to Dime back.

Falcons FO officials were probably in-attendance at The Benz Dome for last year's National Championship game, and both SEC Champoionship games.

I feel bad for Allen, but I see them moving-forward at FS instead of signing a Free Agent at the position. Both of their Safeties are recovering form major injuries and Thompson would be near teh top of his value near pick #10-12.

4 minutes ago, Rise said:

Michgan's Rashan Gary is the only NCAA D-Lineman that I predict they might select at #10 or #11.

That's if The Lions pass on him at #5.

I think they may select Deionte Thompson, FS from Alabama at #11, and move Kazee back to Dime back.

Falcons FO officials were probably in-attendance at The Benz Dome for last year's National Championship game, and both SEC Champoionship games.

I feel bad for Allen, but I see them moving-forward at FS instead of signing a Free Agent at the position. Both of their Safeties are recovering form major injuries and Thompson would be near teh top of his value near pick #10-12.

Bruh allen is the FS...... I get some of yall but we need to move on .. Allen is our FS

I see multiple Lineman on the O and D-Line i see us possibly getting at 13 (if we win i see us picking around 13-14) ... I also see a LB (white but i think he is gone before our pick) and a CB there...

I think its Zero % chance we spend the pick on a Safety even tho i like Thompson

1 hour ago, voicefromdade said:

I watched every game this year and the year before and the year before... I know hageman was cut due to a domestic charge of some nature...

i know he is out of the league, I know he was working this past offseason to get back in... probably not a good sign that he was unable to do so

but I also know that he’s a big strong body which we are currently missing and when he decided he really wanted to, he could push the pocket better than anyone currently employed by the falcons... that’s why I suggested putting him into a rotation to where he isn’t asked to do much but just go in on a limited snap count and disrupt and punish the man in front of him.  If he’s serious about coming back, he’s the type of big body we lack and he should be a relatively cheap option to fill a need.

He wasn’t good at football before he left

23 minutes ago, atljbo said:

Bruh allen is the FS...... I get some of yall but we need to move on .. Allen is our FS

I see multiple Lineman on the O and D-Line i see us possibly getting at 13 (if we win i see us picking around 13-14) ... I also see a LB (white but i think he is gone before our pick) and a CB there...

I think its Zero % chance we spend the pick on a Safety even tho i like Thompson

I am just predicitng what I think that The Falcons will do.

Allen tore his achilles.

Neal tore ACL.

Kazee maybe too small to tackle well.

Thompson could play either Safety spots - depending-on who returns faster.

Keep-in-mind how important a fast, talented FS is to Quinn's scheme. Also, they do not have the money under the NFL Salary Cap to spend for a back-up to be great, and then sit behind Allen and Neal - if both return.

15 minutes ago, Falcanuck said:

He wasn’t good at football before he left

I’d take shede as a backup over McClain, Shelby, Zeller and even Senat for pass rush. 

He lacked technique and sometimes effort, but the man could push the pocket and drive his man back.

regardless, agree to disagree... I just want some size and attitude on defense, big bodies allow Deion and the smaller lbs to fly around, it doesn’t matter how fast u are if a 320 pound guard gets to the second level and locks the linebackers up instantly

19 minutes ago, Rise said:

I am just predicitng what I think that The Falcons will do.

Allen tore his achilles.

Neal tore ACL.

Kazee maybe too small to tackle well.

Thompson could play either Safety spots - depending-on who returns faster.

Keep-in-mind how important a fast, talented FS is to Quinn's scheme. Also, they do not have the money under the NFL Salary Cap to spend for a back-up to be great, and then sit behind Allen and Neal - if both return.

Yea Bruh... Naw...lol

I Link Thompson but im very comrfortable with saying we are not going FS in the first.... The most interesting thing is

Do we still pay Pool over 3.1 mil  as a RFA if you are looking to get Kazee on the field like he should be

32 minutes ago, atljbo said:

Yea Bruh... Naw...lol

I Link Thompson but im very comrfortable with saying we are not going FS in the first.... The most interesting thing is

Do we still pay Pool over 3.1 mil  as a RFA if you are looking to get Kazee on the field like he should be

No. Poole isn’t worth more than the min.