Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cole World

Falcons Interior Defensive Line Jarrett and Crawford have 6 sacks a piece

43 posts in this topic

Although Jarrett should have 7 if it wasn't for the ref flagging him for roughing the passer.

I think we should sign a DE who can play on outside in base and then convert to DT in Nickel to rotate with Jarrett and Crawford. Like Mo Wilkerson, Preston Smith, or Trey Flowers.

In the draft we should select a DT who can rotate with Jarrett and Senat. Like Q Williams, J Simmons, E Oliver, R Davis or D Brown.

We need to find a premier edge defender for base as well as a big ol' 320lb run stuffer.

That's why I'm not keen on keeping beasley. If we were willing to retain him for 12 million, surely we can find a guy who is more than a rotation piece for that same 12 mill.

We need to use the same money we would have used to re-sign him, if he were an elite DE, to pay for an actual elite DE.

Edited by RubberDucky
Halcon-1, Atl Falcon, g-dawg and 1 other like this

Grady’s had back-to-back weeks with an atrocious roughing call against him. Rosen fell over him last week and they called roughing. This week there was no flag for at least 15 seconds after he sacked Heinicke, it was a late pity flag by the refs after Heinicke hurt himself by hitting his elbow on the ground and didn’t get up right away. The league has become such pansy **** with these bailouts on 3rd-and-long.

Ya, Grady might have 8 sacks by now even with the games he missed from ankle injury.

Shoud’ve signed him up FO...

He isn’t deserving of AD money but I can see why he’d posture for it. I hope Grady will take sub $16M per year average. He will argue entering his prime etc.

Edited by Ergo Proxy

i still dont think the pocket  is collapsed inside enough.... i feel like QBs are allowed to step up inside the pocket and Takk and Beasley come off the edge...

I feel like we are missing power rushers.... A big Hicks or Chris Jones type rusher... Thats why i like Simmons or Rawkwon Davis  if we are picking 13

1 minute ago, atljbo said:

i still dont think the pocket  is collapsed inside enough.... i feel like QBs are allowed to step up inside the pocket and Takk and Beasley come off the edge...

I feel like we are missing power rushers.... A big Hicks or Chris Jones type rusher... Thats why i like Simmons or Rawkwon Davis  if we are picking 13

Agree to this completely....we need someone like these guys mentioned above or Cox who are basically wreck the line at will and pressure Q.B on face up.

atljbo, atlbaby, Drew4719 and 4 others like this

Give me a rotation of

Grady, Crawford, Senat, Rashede hageman and a 330 pound run stuffer

tak, Beasley, Bruce Irvin, means and edge rusher from draft

20 minutes ago, HEIST said:

Crawford has a really quiet 6 sacks then.

Crawford had a half a sack against Cincinnati and then went on a hot streak during our 3 game win streak where he got 4 sacks against Bucs (1), Giants (1), and Redskins (2) and then cooled off and got one against the Saints and a half of one against the Panthers last Sunday.

Ergo Proxy likes this

1 hour ago, mattyicefalcon said:

Agree to this completely....we need someone like these guys mentioned above or Cox who are basically wreck the line at will and pressure Q.B on face up.

A better version of what Poe did here in 2016 with rookie contract cap hits. Am I doing this right?:troll:

1 hour ago, atljbo said:

This.  

3 hours ago, Drew4719 said:

Grady’s had back-to-back weeks with an atrocious roughing call against him. Rosen fell over him last week and they called roughing. This week there was no flag for at least 15 seconds after he sacked Heinicke, it was a late pity flag by the refs after Heinicke hurt himself by hitting his elbow on the ground and didn’t get up right away. The league has become such pansy **** with these bailouts on 3rd-and-long.

And don’t forget the one called in the first game against Philly

Drew4719 likes this

Crawford was a great surprise. so much for the MB GMs who claim they are better at finding talent than TD and Quinn. Great rotational piece for sure.

JDaveG likes this

We get 350 pounds Hankins as a F A or give Hageman a shot for the low$$ and a chance at life. Or we draft  Raquan Davis, Dexter Lawrence or one of Auburn D T's who weigh over 330 lbs and I believe our -DT will be nasty next year.

Geneaut and egoprime II like this

4 hours ago, atljbo said:

Everyone is missing a Hicks or Jones type rusher lol 

1 hour ago, Shagpill 2.0 said:

Everyone is missing a Hicks or Jones type rusher lol 

well i gave example of guys in the draft.. this draft has all types of D-Lineman

Crawford is an outstanding rotation guy but should not be starting. 

I would love one of these top end DTs so our rotation can be Jarrett // 1st Round Pick // Senat // Crawford

Then we would just need to fix the dumpster fire we have on the edges. Reed sucks. Beasley sucks. Takk has not looked the same since his injury early in the year. Irvin we probably can't afford to keep as a rotation guy. We need a lot of help.

Edited by PriMeTiiMe
JDaveG likes this

I just want to stop the whole line changes... put the four best in the field and give them breaks individually as needed.

Teams all year will get into running formations and we would have Shelby McClain Senat and Reed on the field, play action - 0 pass rush

Put 3 or 4 wrs on the field and 1 back, bring in our rushers tak Crawford Grady and Vic then just hand off and run right down our throat

Halcon-1 likes this

20 hours ago, Drew4719 said:

I often wonder if NFL officiating will finally become so atrocious that some day all the games will be decided solely by the referees and will therefore become totally unwatchable. Looks like that day is looking us dead in the eyes. lol.

Edit: Just got an NFLupdate from AJC on my phone. Jarrett's market value is now $15.2 million per year. Falcons are going to have to come close to that to keep him long-term.

1 hour ago, voicefromdade said:

I just want to stop the whole line changes... put the four best in the field and give them breaks individually as needed.

Teams all year will get into running formations and we would have Shelby McClain Senat and Reed on the field, play action - 0 pass rush

Put 3 or 4 wrs on the field and 1 back, bring in our rushers tak Crawford Grady and Vic then just hand off and run right down our throat

Re-signing Irvin solidifies the DE position for a couple of seasons.  He's not great, but he's solid rotational depth, and if Beasley can figure something out to get just to Irvin levels of production (Irvin in his prime -- 8 sacks or so a year), we'd have a reasonable rotation with just another draft pick or so.  

We don't need greatness there.  And Takk is still a great prospect, even slowed as he is of late.  More solid pieces is always better than 1 more great piece, particularly when you have a couple of pieces who can still really turn it up if used properly and coached up (Beas, Takk).

1 hour ago, voicefromdade said:

QFT

JDaveG likes this