Cole World

Ty Sambrailo audition

31 posts in this topic

This is why even though the season is gone why games are important and performing well is also important.Guys like Sambrailo have an opportunity to lock down a spot.If he performs well it makes Schraeder expendable and we may not have to go for a early draft pick at the given position.

Much like Oliver same deal if these 2 mentioned guys perform Alford could well be allowed to walk and this opens up cap flexibility for the team.

To me this is as important time as any for this team going forward.This money saved could well plumbed into help locking down Jarrett long term or used to go add more experience upfront either side of the ball.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They may just let Ty and Schraeder duke it out at RT next year. Could eliminate one need going into the offseason unless they fall in love with some FA RT or draft pick which is fine by me. We'll see how that plays out. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The Don™ said:

They may just let Ty and Schraeder duke it out at RT next year. Could eliminate one need going into the offseason unless they fall in love with some FA RT or draft pick which is fine by me. We'll see how that plays out. 

 

No, they can't completely rely on two guys who have both failed to secure a job on the O Line., changes need to be made there.  The better of those two can be for depth unless one can win a job against whoever comes in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You bring in competition. Ty is far cheaper than Schraeder's current contract, but we gotta re-sign Ty first.

RS would need to take a massive pay cut to even enter next year competing. It’s “possible” he is given slack before a would be cut since his cut makes most sense post June-1st.

However, with a veteran like him then we likely give him an early shot elsewhere. Let Gono and Ty/another vet OT not named Schraeder for cheaper battle it out.

Depends on how FO projects them forward vs cap hit demands. Might have luxury of holding onto Ryan 1 last year before deciding his fate and gives insurance if Ty is too streaky. Right now, Ty is jus 27 and would be cheaper to retain as he enters FA than holding onto a worse performing Schraeder.

Thats just common sense at that point.

Of course, as mentioned we need better security plans. LG and RG probably are harder to figure out as a fan since we don’t know if Wes sticks at LG for the price; we might have to, and secure a FA OG for RG upgrade if Fusco is not the guy; his deal wasn’t bad though and we only saw him for a few games.

Edited by Ergo Proxy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, HMFIC said:

No, they can't completely rely on two guys who have both failed to secure a job on the O Line., changes need to be made there.  The better of those two can be for depth unless one can win a job against whoever comes in.

Didn't say only that. Said it's a possibility. No one honestly knows what we're going to do. It's a long off-season. 

Obviously, LG will need to be replaced with a high draft pick or FA. I could also easily see a FA RT or drafted RT brought in to compete as well. 

LT and C is set for next year. RG is probably going to be Fusco. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Vandy said:

I dunno....still remember how badly Beasley ate him up....

 

 

Ty was a lower 2nd rounder in 2015. Dude has a bad game. Doesn’t matter. If he has done well now to secure a spot that Schraeder’s bad play left open? Earned it. Still, he is a FA after this year.

Also, his QB was freaking Paxton and Vic wasn’t figured out as a 1 trick before that year.

What have you done for me lately. He has at best an inside shot to be our starting RT next year if he comes back. Especially so if RS is a cap casualty. Gono could then be groomed another year or asked to compete at OG himself or as the 3rd tackle. Better plan is to still bring in competition.

Vandy, red falcon and Geaux_Falcons like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Ty was a lower 2nd rounder in 2015. Dude has a bad game. Doesn’t matter. If he has done well now to secure a spot that Schraeder’s bad play left open? Earned it. Still, he is a FA after this year.

Also, his QB was freaking Paxton and Vic wasn’t figured out as a 1 trick before that year.

What have you done for me lately. He has at best an inside shot to be our starting RT next year if he comes back. Especially so if RS is a cap casualty. Gono could then be groomed another year or asked to compete at OG himself or as the 3rd tackle. Better plan is to still bring in competition.

LOL, I was joking, Ergo. :ninja:

Ergo Proxy likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, The Don™ said:

They may just let Ty and Schraeder duke it out at RT next year. Could eliminate one need going into the offseason unless they fall in love with some FA RT or draft pick which is fine by me. We'll see how that plays out. 

 

I am thinking more likely Schreader is gone and Ty battles w Gono and  a rookie tackle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

**woooosh**

Lol I had a rough week my bad

This week will be great, my friend. 

And next year will be your best year ever!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

This is why even though the season is gone why games are important and performing well is also important.Guys like Sambrailo have an opportunity to lock down a spot.If he performs well it makes Schraeder expendable and we may not have to go for a early draft pick at the given position.

Much like Oliver same deal if these 2 mentioned guys perform Alford could well be allowed to walk and this opens up cap flexibility for the team.

To me this is as important time as any for this team going forward.This money saved could well plumbed into help locking down Jarrett long term or used to go add more experience upfront either side of the ball.

hes-right-you-know-32644779.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, HMFIC said:

No, they can't completely rely on two guys who have both failed to secure a job on the O Line., changes need to be made there.  The better of those two can be for depth unless one can win a job against whoever comes in.

Couldn't agree with this more.. you mean let's just repeat next year in the same spot and hope for a better outcome? You guys are delusional .. I'd rather use a high draft pick and have 3 good RT's which we still wouldnt have if we did that mind you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jamesmasen said:

Couldn't agree with this more.. you mean let's just repeat next year in the same spot and hope for a better outcome? You guys are delusional .. I'd rather use a high draft pick and have 3 good RT's which we still wouldnt have if we did that mind you

This is the thing how do you no anything coming out is going to be better than what you have?

This is the issue and why the evaluations on Schraeder and Sambrailo is so important.Especially the latter.

jamesmasen and Drew4719 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, The Don™ said:

They may just let Ty and Schraeder duke it out at RT next year. Could eliminate one need going into the offseason unless they fall in love with some FA RT or draft pick which is fine by me. We'll see how that plays out. 

 

Of course I wanna get better at RT, but OG is what we really need to be focusing on.

You can mask alot of deficiencies at RT if you have guys in the middle that can give the QB a pocket to step into. True starting caliber OG's would transform this OL without the need to touch the RT spot.

Drew4719, Cole World and Vandy like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

This is the thing how do you no anything coming out is going to be better than what you have?

This is the issue and why the evaluations on Schraeder and Sambrailo is so important.Especially the latter.

because they don't know that the line is better than they get credit for. you may see Brees or Brady in the pocket and their RT might be riding a defender out and while it looks like the defender has a line for the QB, Brees or Brady will step up and right and that puts the RT in between the defender and the QB, Matt on the other hand will run to the right and now the defender can change direction and the RT will have no choice but to either hold or somehow be able to turn on a dime and get back in position to make a block. the only thing is Schraeder wasn't that good to begin with. Sambrailo is more than capable of locking down the RT spot. this summer Matt needs to work with a coach to help him with pocket presence. people are always raving about the Saints and Patriots lines and to be honest they aren't that good, Brees and Brady are that good and both have excellent pocket presence.  

red falcon likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

This is the thing how do you no anything coming out is going to be better than what you have?

This is the issue and why the evaluations on Schraeder and Sambrailo is so important.Especially the latter.

"My spouse hits me but what if I leave them and the next one hits me harder/more frequent?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, raysnill1 said:

because they don't know that the line is better than they get credit for. you may see Brees or Brady in the pocket and their RT might be riding a defender out and while it looks like the defender has a line for the QB, Brees or Brady will step up and right and that puts the RT in between the defender and the QB, Matt on the other hand will run to the right and now the defender can change direction and the RT will have no choice but to either hold or somehow be able to turn on a dime and get back in position to make a block. the only thing is Schraeder wasn't that good to begin with. Sambrailo is more than capable of locking down the RT spot. this summer Matt needs to work with a coach to help him with pocket presence. people are always raving about the Saints and Patriots lines and to be honest they aren't that good, Brees and Brady are that good and both have excellent pocket presence.  

Ryan is fine. RT's can't ride anyone out if at least one guard on any given play is getting blown back into Ryan's lap.

red falcon likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lornoth said:

Ryan is fine. RT's can't ride anyone out if at least one guard on any given play is getting blown back into Ryan's lap.

***sigh***

 

just for fun I pulled up the Browns game

 

1st quarter 9:39 3rd & 5

Ryan takes snap. Browns blitz up the middle. Ito chop blocks blitzer, LT & RT both have defenders rushing wide so they are riding them out. both guards are holding up, Ryan has about 4 yards to step into but he bails to the right, now both DEs change direction and Ryan has to throw the ball on the run off balance and misses Sanu.

in that case neither guard got blown up, the blitz was picked up and the tackles were fine.

Osiruz likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, raysnill1 said:

because they don't know that the line is better than they get credit for. you may see Brees or Brady in the pocket and their RT might be riding a defender out and while it looks like the defender has a line for the QB, Brees or Brady will step up and right and that puts the RT in between the defender and the QB, Matt on the other hand will run to the right and now the defender can change direction and the RT will have no choice but to either hold or somehow be able to turn on a dime and get back in position to make a block. the only thing is Schraeder wasn't that good to begin with. Sambrailo is more than capable of locking down the RT spot. this summer Matt needs to work with a coach to help him with pocket presence. people are always raving about the Saints and Patriots lines and to be honest they aren't that good, Brees and Brady are that good and both have excellent pocket presence.  

If Matt "Runs to the right" it's because the pocket has completely collapsed, which is usually the case, and not because he is too stupid to step up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, raysnill1 said:

***sigh***

 

just for fun I pulled up the Browns game

 

1st quarter 9:39 3rd & 5

Ryan takes snap. Browns blitz up the middle. Ito chop blocks blitzer, LT & RT both have defenders rushing wide so they are riding them out. both guards are holding up, Ryan has about 4 yards to step into but he bails to the right, now both DEs change direction and Ryan has to throw the ball on the run off balance and misses Sanu.

in that case neither guard got blown up, the blitz was picked up and the tackles were fine.

In that moment its probably true but our guard play has been terrible. They have been curb stompted several times this year. Regardless someone needs to be upgraded. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, HMFIC said:

No, they can't completely rely on two guys who have both failed to secure a job on the O Line., changes need to be made there.  The better of those two can be for depth unless one can win a job against whoever comes in.

Exactly im so tired of the bargain bin **** when it comes to bringing in o line help.bring legit talent in here...matt and julio arent getting younger and we are gonna be making some tough choices the next few years..stop bull ****tin and bring in some real help..screw all these cast offs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now