Quinn vs Carroll

conn

So Pete Carroll is supposed to be in a rebuilding year, especially on the defensive side of the ball. Lost multiple pro bowlers the last couple of years but still has the Seahawks in the playoffs. And no one wants to play them now. Quinn on the other hand is supposed to have one of the deepest rosters in the league, has a few injuries, and we drop to one of the worst teams in the league. I love the Falcons but coaching makes a big difference and Atlanta has to make some changes or next year or the season will look the same. 

Quinn was the better coach in 2016 & 2017.  

I do like Carrol’s unorthodox approach to fixing the run game.  On nearly 40% of their plays, the Seahawks use 6 offensive lineman.  Usually that’s an indictment of the quarterback...but in this case it’s worked.  It’s also interesting to see the Colts also employed this tactic which has payed incredible dividends for them this year.  We should have tried it.

Edited by Falconsin2012

14 minutes ago, conn said:

So Pete Carroll is supposed to be in a rebuilding year, especially on the defensive side of the ball. Lost multiple pro bowlers the last couple of years but still has the Seahawks in the playoffs. And no one wants to play them now. Quinn on the other hand is supposed to have one of the deepest rosters in the league, has a few injuries, and we drop to one of the worst teams in the league. I love the Falcons but coaching makes a big difference and Atlanta has to make some changes or next year or the season will look the same. 

Image result for pete carroll gif

The Seahawks are 9-6.  We barely lost to the Saints, Bengals, and Cowboys.  One less injury and we could easily be 9-6 also.  But let's look at the Seahawks wins.

Raiders, Niners, Cards, & Lions are all horrible.

They beat Dallas at home pre Cooper trade and still had ET, who had two interceptions that game.

They beat Packers at home pre Mccarthy firing and Rodgers was still recovering.

They beat the Panthers after Cam's injury and on a last second FG at that.

They beat the Vikings at home.  Vikings haven't beaten a team with a winning record(I think) so they aren't that good either.  Easy schedule.

They beat the Chiefs at home.  Good win.

They have lost to Broncos, Bears, Rams twice, Chargers, and Niners.  This is a perfect case of who you play, when you play them, and where.  Based on their record against winning teams they will likely lose in the first round.

8 minutes ago, Xyfiel said:

The Seahawks are 9-6.  We barely lost to the Saints, Bengals, and Cowboys.  One less injury and we could easily be 9-6 also.  But let's look at the Seahawks wins.

They beat Dallas at home pre Cooper trade and still had ET, who had two interceptions that game.

They beat the Vikings at home.  Vikings haven't beaten a team with a winning record(I think) so they aren't that good either.  Easy schedule.

They have lost to Broncos, Bears, Rams twice, Chargers, and Niners.  This is a perfect case of who you play, when you play them, and where.  Based on their record against winning teams they will likely lose in the first round.

Well said.

9 minutes ago, Xyfiel said:

Agree with your assessment, but I hope they stomp the cowgirls 

11 minutes ago, Xyfiel said:

In order to dance, you gotta be invited. We wasnt even invited this year, so we cant really say anything about those who was invited.  We will be sitting at home like the ugly step sisters looking like this:

865185182.0.jpg

11 minutes ago, Xyfiel said:

Seattle in the playoffs...

1 minute ago, Flying Falcon said:

We're talking about who orchestrated the defense. Quinn doesn't know defense, he benefited from Carroll's defenses.

And again. I point you,to,when Carroll got run off from his first job. They fired him and all his defensive knowledge. 

Seattle has been,okay this year. Not great on,defense. Their rushing attack is nice though. Lead the league. Carroll hasnt had the defense he  had,since Quinn left. 

In a rebuild/retool year, there are a lot of expectations. I expected as did my board that there would be a mix of what would happen this season. I expected an 8/8 season. We have surpassed that. I expected growing pains from new coaching. Growing pains were game 1, 2, Rams, and Rams. Rams always play us hard. Always have even in the Fisher era. WE got overed by them. We found our identity after the 3rd game as a running offense and our offensive line melded into a force to be reckoned with. Now we have a few injuries and will have to determine whether the backups can handle the load. With KC, we brought back Fluker too early but it worked out. Fluker was in because we got injured in that position and we had to have someone fill in for the rest of the game. I would rather have had him take another week off as I am sure the team would too. But things happen. OP is correct....it is coaching. But it is also the team buying into what they are trying to accomplish....or as it was said on WWE...Can you smell what the Rock is cooking???? hehehe

Just now, Sui_Generis said:

And again. I point you,to,when Carroll got run off from his first job. They fired him and all his defensive knowledge. 

Seattle has been,okay this year. Not great on,defense. Their rushing attack is nice though. Lead the league. Carroll hasnt had the defense he  had,since Quinn left. 

Who does Seattle have on defense? Do you know? Now, who do we have?

Just now, Flying Falcon said:

You ARE a true Falcon fan. Always living in past years glory.

No actually I'm not. You are praising Pete Carroll for making the playoffs this year and making it like he,always makes the playoffs and Quinn is a failure. 

Every team..sans Pats..have up and down years. Period.