Falconsin2012

Dexter Lawrence - 2nd Round

52 posts in this topic

Does anyone want to take a risk and grab him in the 2nd?  He is a top-10 player but will drop now.  He is Poe.  I would love our 1st three picks to look like this.  Definitely get us bigger, stronger & meaner.  

12th pick: Ed Oliver (DE/DT 6’3  292lbs)

44th pick: Dexter Lawrence (DT 6’4  350lbs)

76th pick:  Teronne Prescod (OG- 6’5 340lbs)

Nope take him in first round still, we now have a chance to get him. Man is quick , agile and strong. Idc what he did, draft him. He hasn’t been in trouble at all. They dont really know what caused it but it may not be drugs. Even if it was, i dont look at this like anything thar is concerning. if the falcons are serious about fixing the defense, then they need to draft Lawrence. Great D starts in the middle

Edited by caponine

Not sure man, at this point where front office head is...we have plethora of needs.

And , they have ample of time this time to figure it out ...hope they dont **** it up!!

We just cannot afford to have an average draft.

Plenty of leverage this time....

UK13 likes this

2 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Does anyone want to take a risk and grab him in the 2nd?  He is a top-10 player but will drop now.  He is Poe.  I would love our 1st three picks to look like this.  Definitely get us bigger, stronger & meaner.  

I could live with the first two picks.

Falconsin2012 likes this

3 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

I’d love it if we could go:

12th: Jachai Polite DE/LB FLORIDA

44th: Dexter Lawrence DT CLEMSON

76th: Best OL available 

This is only if we knew he would last until our 2nd round pick.  But Oliver/Lawrence would be too good to pass up 

Stryka and Falconsin2012 like this

3 minutes ago, KCFalcon22 said:

I’d love it if we could go:

12th: Jachai Polite DE/LB FLORIDA

44th: Dexter Lawrence DT CLEMSON

76th: Best OL available 

This is only if we knew he would last until our 2nd round pick.  But Oliver/Lawrence would be too good to pass up 

Polite really was disruptive this year.  Maybe I’m getting too caught up in Oliver name.  Polite did it in the SEC

Stryka and KCFalcon22 like this

4 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Last I heard, Oliver was rumored to weigh 270lbs, that’s concerning. Regardless I doubt he lasts until the 12th pick. Be prepared that our team might not go Dline or Oline if we have a middle round pick, considering that most of the top tier talent for both will/should be gone. If we have a chance at a Devin White/Deionte Thompson, I think we need to go that route. 

egoprime II and Falconsin2012 like this

1 minute ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

Last I heard, Oliver was rumored to weigh 270lbs, that’s concerning. Regardless I doubt he lasts until the 12th pick. Be prepared that our team might not go Dline or Oline if we have a middle round pick, considering that most of the top tier talent for both will/should be gone. If we have a chance at a Devin White/Deionte Thompson, I think we need to go that route. 

CBS & WalterFootball mocks currently have us passing on Oliver at 10th spot.  Most mocks have him going between 8-12th

15 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

CBS & WalterFootball mocks currently have us passing on Oliver at 10th spot.  Most mocks have him going between 8-12th

If he gets his weight up he could go sooner. Either way I’m leery about players that pack on huge amounts of weight in short periods of times. 

5 hours ago, caponine said:

Nope take him in first round still, we now have a chance to get him. Man is quick , agile and strong. Idc what he did, draft him. He hasn’t been in trouble at all. They dont really know what caused it but it may not be drugs. Even if it was, i dont look at this like anything thar is concerning. if the falcons are serious about fixing the defense, then they need to draft Lawrence. Great D starts in the middle

Smoked some pot, maybe? 

Edited by Vandy

Clemson defensive tackle Dexter Lawrencetested positive for the NCAA-banned substance ostarine, Dabo Swinney told reporters Monday.

The USADA also says “only illegal” products contain ostarine. It’s on the NCAA’s banned-substances list as an “anabolic agent,” along with other SARMs.

The NCAA Drug Testing Program has athletes provide two samples when they’re tested. If the first sample, the “A” sample, comes back positive, then Drug Free Sport (which administers the testing program for the NCAA) notifies the school. A testing lab then analyzes the “B” sample, and the results of that test are final (though they could be appealed). The double-test is supposed to be a way to weed out false positives that would get non-doping players punished.

So depending on the B sample his draft stock could take a hit.  

Falconsin2012 likes this

21 minutes ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

Has this been a reoccurring issue with him or was it a one time occurrence?

Oh, I’m sure it’s the 1st time Dexter’s  ever smoked pot, my man.....:ninja:

If that’s what it even is, as I am just casting a WAG.

And for the record, I could care less. Still want him. 

16 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Oh, I’m sure it’s the 1st time Dexter’s  ever smoked pot, my man.....:ninja:

If that’s what it even is, as I am just casting a WAG.

And for the record, I could care less. Still want him. 

It’s steroids, which is why he will drop.  And I want him as well, in the 2nd round.

Edited by Falconsin2012
Sidecar Falcon and Vandy like this

46 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

It’s steroids, which is why he will drop.  And I want him as well, in the 2nd round.

If that’s the case then 2nd Round seems appropriate. Grier is supposed to go 2nd Round as well. 

I'd take someone else over Ed Oliver in the first and then would be completely fine with taking Lawrence in the second. IMO he won't last that long, even with the possible failed drug test. Big guys like that just don't fall and teams haven't historically been scared off by failed drug test. Look at Ruben Foster, Larmey Tunsil, etc.

8 minutes ago, Steel City Falcon said:

I'd take someone else over Ed Oliver in the first and then would be completely fine with taking Lawrence in the second. IMO he won't last that long, even with the possible failed drug test. Big guys like that just don't fall and teams haven't historically been scared off by failed drug test. Look at Ruben Foster, Larmey Tunsil, etc.

These two are reasons Lawrence will drop...both have been letdowns.  

Steel City Falcon likes this

27 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

I guess you never know. I just feel that elite talent only falls so far regardless of the off the field issues. I mean look at all the dumb@sses that have been drafted, even with teams knowing that they were more than likely going to continue to have off the field issues. 

I hope your right. If the Falcons could walk away with a Gary and Lawrence combination in the first and second rounds I'd be ecstatic. I just don't see them risking it. I think Jalen Collins lives in their memories lol.

1 hour ago, Falconsin2012 said:

If Foster wasn't beating women he would be doing fine. His play was fine he's just a bone head. 

6 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Polite really was disruptive this year.  Maybe I’m getting too caught up in Oliver name.  Polite did it in the SEC

Not a fan of Polite. Think he's really only capable of winning w/ his 1st step and I dont believe we have the coaches to develop unfinished project DE's.

40 minutes ago, RubberDucky said:

Not a fan of Polite. Think he's really only capable of winning w/ his 1st step and I dont believe we have the coaches to develop unfinished project DE's.

That’s there job and what they get paid for. I’m really high on him and maybe that’s bc I’m a Gators fan but the kid has that motor that Tak has and a greatttttt first step.  Give me that and some polishing from coaches and we’ve got ourselves a GREAT duo of DE’s. 

Stryka likes this