HolyMoses

Intriguing Milestone for Matt Ryan

89 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Vandy said:

Not necessarily, Jim Plunkett has two rings also. 

Like Plunkett, Manning’s body of work is undeserving, he’s been a 2nd tier QB for last decade now. 

True about Plunkett but he beat theisman and jaworski..... eli beat Brady and not to mention he played in new york

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, falcons007 said:

It’s too early to talk about HOF for Ryan. 

He has still good 6-7 years to go.

Needs to simply FOCUS ON 1ST LOMBARDI 

Rest all will come in due time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, HolyMoses said:

By passing Vinnie Testeverde (and Carson Palmer) on the all time career passing yards list, everyone now ahead of him is either IN the Hall of Fame or NOT YET ELIGIBLE for the Hall of Fame.  

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/pass_yds_career.htm

Of those still playing or not yet eligible, Peyton, Brees and Brady are no brainers to be first ballot when eligible. 

Then Roethlisberger is a shoe-in. 

Eli Manning and Phillip Rivers are enigmas for opposite reasons: Manning has two rings, 8-4 playoff record, and tons of yards, but has been just awful many seasons. 84.1 career rating. 

Rivers has been prolific and consistent, but only 4-5 in the playoffs and zero Super Bowl appearances.  Career rating of 95.7

Ryan so far:  94.8 Rating, 4-6 Playoffs. 1 (outstanding) SuperBowl, but lost. 

This may come as a shock to most considering the narrative, but Ryan’s postseason SUCCESS is another reason he will walk into the HOF.  

Ryan’s career 100.4 playoff quarterback QBR is 3rd all time behind Bart Starr and Kurt Warner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Vandy said:

Not necessarily, Jim Plunkett has two rings also. 

Like Plunkett, Manning’s body of work is undeserving, he’s been a 2nd tier QB for last decade now. 

Exactly. Is Flacco a HOF after his D carried him to have a chance? ...Ok, so Flacco got hot and had an amazing SB run. Still, how were they there to begin with?? And then got a playoff gift by Chris Harris?

Matt Ryan has never had a D as good as Ravens or Giants teams that carried those QBs.

But Matt is somehow not a winner compared to those guys.

Some people will never get it. Booger McFarland said it best on MNF live. He said the truth. That Matt Ryan is elite. That the SB was not Ryan’s fault. The coach should’ve just ran the ball and kicked the game sealing SB win.

Only trolls or more ******** “Falcons fans” want to focus on Ryan. It’s beyond stupid. Dude is way down list of why that game was blown. Like why we are losing this season.

Edited by Ergo Proxy
kiwifalcon, Vandy, No.11 and 7 others like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, UK13 said:

True about Plunkett but he beat theisman and jaworski..... eli beat Brady and not to mention he played in new york

Eli was carried. Twice. Flacco has a SB. Better career for HOF than Matt?

Its like people don’t believe it’s a team sport.

You say you do but you can’t think critically.

This is why you fail.

Falconsin2012 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Falcons have one of the most expensive offensive lines in the NFL this year. It's not for a lack of trying or because of Matt Ryan.

At one point this year we had the most expensive OL in NFL history.  They just got old & injured overnight.  

Edited by Falconsin2012
Dr Long Shot, Drew4719 and Vandy like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

This may come as a shock to most considering the narrative, but Ryan’s postseason SUCCESS is another reason he will walk into the HOF.  

Ryan’s career 100.4 playoff quarterback QBR is 3rd all time behind Bart Starr and Kurt Warner.

Another thing.  People saying Ryan is regressing.  Sorry, that’s a joke.  Like every single quarterback, he has some flaws.  Just sad that so many opt to magnify the flaws while minimizing his long list of strengths.

Since 2012, Ryan has a staggering 116.2 playoff QBR.  That stretch of 7 games is unmatched by any QB in playoff history.  

For perspective, Brady has only eclipsed a 116 QBR four times in his extensive playoff experience.  That is Ryan’s average since 2012, which includes a stinker in Philly that brought the number down

Edited by Falconsin2012

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

This may come as a shock to most considering the narrative, but Ryan’s postseason SUCCESS is another reason he will walk into the HOF.  

Ryan’s career 100.4 playoff quarterback QBR is 3rd all time behind Bart Starr and Kurt Warner.

 That’s a really great point. I was foolish to look at his won/ loss record without looking at his actual performance. 

Falconsin2012 and Rhodaric like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, HolyMoses said:

 That’s a really great point. I was foolish to look at his won/ loss record without looking at his actual performance. 

You did nothing foolish at all.  It’s a great thread

 

HolyMoses likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Atlantafan21 said:

It somewhat is, but it really isn’t. The man is a decade into his career. He’s broken a ton of records and owns many records to his name. He’s won several awards. I think he’s a HoF, but hopefully he can win that elusive SB to make sure there are ZERO doubts that he’s a HoF player. 

If you move earth and heaven he wont be a HOF because he had an ordinary career and has no lombardis. It's not like we are talking about the best player in the league without doubt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Eli was carried. Twice. Flacco has a SB. Better career for HOF than Matt?

Its like people don’t believe it’s a team sport.

You say you do but you can’t think critically.

This is why you fail.

Yeah ... not gonna matter .... eli will be in there even though he doesn't deserve it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, osiruz said:

If you move earth and heaven he wont be a HOF because he had an ordinary career and has no lombardis. It's not like we are talking about the best player in the league without doubt.

“Ordinary career. . . .”

yeah, he’s so ordinary that I cannot remember the names of all the other QBs that racked up 47,000 yards in 11 seasons.

come to think of it, I can’t remember their names because there aren't any others

Drew4719 and Falconsin2012 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, UK13 said:

Yeah ... not gonna matter .... eli will be in there even though he doesn't deserve it 

And it’s why I won’t let silly things like SB rings or HOF status be the end all for my evaluation of a player.

Team. Sport.

Just like Ryan’s MVP 2016 year. He gave kudos to his teammates in the acception speech. That’s not just fake from Matt.

Maholmes likely is MVP this year and he also has guys like Kelce and Hill that matches his arm.

You need fits as a roster and clear, bright minded scheming AND execution to make it matter on to paper stats and SB title. It’s a result of the same formula. It’s just that sometimes that formula isn’t required to get to the playoffs or the big game if you have a D that can carry a season or a playoff game. They can set you up and you knock out the easy situational football. That’s why our SB loss was inexcusable. Blame is mainly with coaches. We couldn’t settle on winning the game. Tried to stick with our style.

Edited by Ergo Proxy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, osiruz said:

If you move earth and heaven he wont be a HOF because he had an ordinary career and has no lombardis. It's not like we are talking about the best player in the league without doubt.

MVP so he was the best player in the league at least once. 

Falconsin2012 and Drew4719 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ergo Proxy said:

And it’s why I won’t let silly things like SB rings or HOF status be the end all for my evaluation of a player.

Team. Sport.

Just like Ryan’s MVP 2016 year. He gave kudos to his teammates in the acception speech. That’s not just fake from Matt.

Maholmes likely is MVP this year and he also has guys like Kelce and Hill that matches his arm.

You need fits as a roster and clear, bright minded scheming AND execution to make it matter on to paper stats and SB title. It’s a result of the same formula. It’s just that sometimes that formula isn’t required to get to the playoffs or the big game if you have a D that can carry a season or a playoff game. They can set you up and you knock out the easy situational football. That’s why our SB loss was inexcusable. Blame is mainly with coaches. We couldn’t settle on winning the game. Tried to stick with our style.

Totally agree with you , I wasnt saying eli deserves to be in the HOF  but I believe he will because of the 2 rings and where he played ..... Tommy nobis never got in even though he was a 1 man wrecking machine ..... to me about every year is one if the great disservice's

Schwarzwald likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Atlantafan21 said:

It somewhat is, but it really isn’t. The man is a decade into his career. He’s broken a ton of records and owns many records to his name. He’s won several awards. I think he’s a HoF, but hopefully he can win that elusive SB to make sure there are ZERO doubts that he’s a HoF player. 

Well he is on the cusp. I see two paths going forward. A SB win and continues to put up big numbers ending in top 10. The other path is top 5-7 numbers and a MVP or two with no ring. That is assuming he can play at high level for 5-7 years. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Vandy said:

Not necessarily, Jim Plunkett has two rings also. 

Like Plunkett, Manning’s overall  body of work is undeserving. He’s been a 2nd tier QB for most of his career, including his prime career years over last decade now. 

Eli best QB Rating season is 93.6 and 84.1 over his career.  You compare that to a sure HOF like Big Ben who has a 94.3 or Drew Brees 97.7 career QB Rating then you can see that they are just not in the same class.  I mean Eli best season doesn't even surpass Big Ben or Brees average.  Even Ryan who I think is a borderline HOF right now still has a 94.8 career QB Rating.  A couple SB rings is not going to make up for that kind of gap. 

Vandy and Schwarzwald like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/25/2018 at 9:10 AM, Vandy said:

Not necessarily, Jim Plunkett has two rings also. 

Like Plunkett, Manning’s overall  body of work is undeserving. He’s been a 2nd tier QB for most of his career, including his prime career years over last decade now. 

Agree he's not in any way a lock for the HOF. If he gets in it's going to be at least partly because he's a Manning.

Schwarzwald and Vandy like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Falcons have one of the most expensive offensive lines in the NFL this year. It's not for a lack of trying or because of Matt Ryan.

It's a lack of quality investment on OL in the draft.  The saving grace on our team is Matthews and Mack.  Matthews was the only 1st or 2nd rounder that we've spend on an OL in like 7 years.  Mack was a trade.  Our front office has to pay out big money because they don't know how to draft OL consistently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Ghosts of Glanville said:

“Ordinary career. . . .”

yeah, he’s so ordinary that I cannot remember the names of all the other QBs that racked up 47,000 yards in 11 seasons.

come to think of it, I can’t remember their names because there aren't any others

Alot of mediocre qbs will rack those yards including stafford. He hasn't won the big one and most likely won't be in the HOF.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now