HolyMoses

Intriguing Milestone for Matt Ryan

89 posts in this topic

By passing Vinnie Testeverde (and Carson Palmer) on the all time career passing yards list, everyone now ahead of him is either IN the Hall of Fame or NOT YET ELIGIBLE for the Hall of Fame.  

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/pass_yds_career.htm

Of those still playing or not yet eligible, Peyton, Brees and Brady are no brainers to be first ballot when eligible. 

Then Roethlisberger is a shoe-in. 

Eli Manning and Phillip Rivers are enigmas for opposite reasons: Manning has two rings, 8-4 playoff record, and tons of yards, but has been just awful many seasons. 84.1 career rating. 

Rivers has been prolific and consistent, but only 4-5 in the playoffs and zero Super Bowl appearances.  Career rating of 95.7

Ryan so far:  94.8 Rating, 4-6 Playoffs. 1 (outstanding) SuperBowl, but lost. 

17 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

It’s too early to talk about HOF for Ryan. 

It somewhat is, but it really isn’t. The man is a decade into his career. He’s broken a ton of records and owns many records to his name. He’s won several awards. I think he’s a HoF, but hopefully he can win that elusive SB to make sure there are ZERO doubts that he’s a HoF player. 

1 hour ago, HolyMoses said:

By passing Vinnie Testeverde (and Carson Palmer) on the all time career passing yards list, everyone now ahead of him is either IN the Hall of Fame or NOT YET ELIGIBLE for the Hall of Fame.  

Of those still playing or not yet eligible, Peyton, Brees and Brady are no brainers to be first ballot when eligible. 

Eli Manning and Phillip Rivers are enigmas for opposite reasons: Manning has two rings and tons of yards, but has been just awful many seasons. 84.1 career rating.   8-4 playoff record..youzer

Rivers has been prolific and consistent, but only 4-5 in the playoffs and zero Super Bowl appearances.  Career rating of 95.7

Good post thank you for not attacking everybody to try to make  Matt Ryan look good. 

I was really hoping Matt Ryan would reach 300 TD passes this year but he's going to come up just short of that. He needed 40 this year to reach it. But I'll take against 2 against the Bucs and be happy with 35. That's a great season.

1 hour ago, 81KJW said:

Good post thank you for not attacking everybody to try to make  Matt Ryan look good. 

No one has attacked you. I asked you a question a simple question that you just flat out ignored. Showed that you're not interested in having a legit discussion and just want to talk falsely against Matt Ryan without being open minded to realize that maybe he's not the problem like you seem to think.

I wonder will HOF voters take into account that yards are being stacked up more than ever before, some due to rule changes. So while Matt Ryan is putting together a great career, I would concede that more and more QB's will stack up passing yards over their careers.

Sidenote- It does make Don Hutson's receiving stats even more impressive due to his era.

VTCrunkler and PokerSteve like this

5 hours ago, HolyMoses said:

Eli Manning and Phillip Rivers are enigmas for opposite reasons: Manning has two rings and tons of yards, but has been just awful many seasons. 84.1 career rating.   8-4 playoff record..youzer

Eli has 2 rings , he's going to the hall of fame 

5 hours ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Two TDs and he also has the most TDs he's ever had in a season. Surprising when you look at 2016. Definitely a good year for him overall. Fix the dayum lines.

Now you talkin! 130 mil qb $1.50 OL DL ain't much better 

4 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

No one has attacked you. I asked you a question a simple question that you just flat out ignored. Showed that you're not interested in having a legit discussion and just want to talk falsely against Matt Ryan without being open minded to realize that maybe he's not the problem like you seem to think.

In the trenches is where the problem has alway been on both sides of the ball haven't fixed that problem in 10 yrs and probably won't address that problem next year either 

The Daywalker likes this

3 hours ago, MAD597 said:

Ryan will be top 5 in every statistical QB category before he retires. Should be enough for the HOF even without a SB.

That's the way it'll happen good stats no ring

7 hours ago, UK13 said:

Eli has 2 rings , he's going to the hall of fame 

Not necessarily, Jim Plunkett has two rings also. 

Like Plunkett, Manning’s overall  body of work is undeserving. He’s been a 2nd tier QB for most of his career, including his prime career years over last decade now. 

Just now, SkerFalcon8710 said:

Actually we have a top 5 paid OL... which makes every even worse

Really we paying these guys big bucks?  

1 hour ago, Vandy said:

Not necessarily, Jim Plunkett has two rings also. 

Like Plunkett, Manning’s body of work is undeserving, he’s been a 2nd tier QB for last decade now. 

That’s a great comparison. Manning has had longevity similar to testaverde, but never a really great qb. 

Matt almost reminds me of dan fouts. Consistently great, but never won the super bowl and often overshadowed by SB winning qbs

Vandy and quickzero like this

6 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I was really hoping Matt Ryan would reach 300 TD passes this year but he's going to come up just short of that. He needed 40 this year to reach it. But I'll take against 2 against the Bucs and be happy with 35. That's a great season.

Well, he could knock three birds with one stone this week.

7 TDs in a game to tie the NFL record.

40 TDs for his personal best, and hit 300 TDs milestone.

Will it happen? Most likely not, but it's not outside the realm of possibility.

2 minutes ago, JerseyNo12 said:

Well, he could knock three birds with one stone this week.

7 TDs in a game to tie the NFL record.

40 TDs for his personal best, and hit 300 TDs milestone.

Will it happen? Most likely not, but it's not outside the realm of possibility.

Nah, we’ll go up 14-0 six minutes into the first quarter and Quinn will start trying to run down the clock