osiruz

Bennie Snell jr

17 posts in this topic

This guy would be the perfect goal line tough back that we need. Pretty decent speed as well. Reminds me of a Turner and Doug Martin love child.

8 hours ago, Smiler11 said:

I don't think Snell has the athleticism to make it in the NFL.

That's interesting, PFF has him rated as a second rounder. What makes you think he won't last in the NFL?

KCFalcon22 likes this

4 hours ago, osiruz said:

That's interesting, PFF has him rated as a second rounder. What makes you think he won't last in the NFL?

I just think he's a very limited athlete that has beat up on college defenses. I don't think he has the upside teams are looking for.

KCFalcon22 and osiruz like this

12 hours ago, HEIST said:

Snell runs a 4.8 with the wind helping

:lol:

They have him running a 4.67 but I'll take your word for it. Looks dominant from what I've seen but I could see why he could also bust.

Yeah I am not sure where the too slow none sense comes from, he runs violent and with purpose. He would be a fantastic power back.

On 1/11/2019 at 8:55 PM, osiruz said:

Yeah I am not sure where the too slow none sense comes from, he runs violent and with purpose. He would be a fantastic power back.

I don't see limited athleticism or too slow either. I watched the highlights and saw this guy outrun people and beat guys around the corner. A slow running back doesn't beat people around the corner. Most of the highlights though, had him going through huge holes. Want to see how he does when the holes aren't so big. Can he make people miss when he needs to.

osiruz likes this

I think he even did better later in the year. Like EZ falcons says, he went against SEC defenses and was a problem.

Snell has been a productive workhorse back for Kentucky over the last three seasons. He has the size and power to operate as a downhill runner in a gap/power scheme in the NFL. While Snell enjoyed terrific production in college, his lack of burst and elusive traits limit his NFL upside. His vision, power and ability to win in pass pro are his keys to success in the NFL. By year three, Snell has the makings of a rotational back that offers value as a battering ram, pass protector and special teams contributor.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/2018/12/15/2019-nfl-draft-player-profile-benny-snell/

* The Draft Network is a great resource if people haven't visited before. It was set up last year by the likes of Jon Ledyard, Kyle Crabbs & Brad Kelly

On 12/25/2018 at 1:17 PM, osiruz said:

:lol:

They have him running a 4.67 but I'll take your word for it. Looks dominant from what I've seen but I could see why he could also bust.

I don’t see the lack of burst and athleticism. In fact I see a very patient runner with great vision and balance. I don’t think he’s a 4.4 guy but he’s got more than enough burst and athleticism to succeed in the nfl. One thing that I love about snell is not only is he violent, he’s also runs with a very low center of gravity and he’s powerful 

On 12/25/2018 at 4:19 AM, Smiler11 said:

I just think he's a very limited athlete that has beat up on college defenses. I don't think he has the upside teams are looking for.

I’ve watched him over and over again and I don’t see a limited athlete.

osiruz likes this

On 12/24/2018 at 11:38 PM, osiruz said:

Watch him at 5:53. He’s patient , keeps balance and then hits the jets. He’s got plenty of burst

osiruz likes this

2 hours ago, MSalmon said:

I’ve watched him over and over again and I don’t see a limited athlete.

Let's see how he tests. I've got the over/under on his forty time at 4.7 

Just now, Smiler11 said:

Let's see how he tests. I've got the over/under on his forty time at 4.7 

I'm thinking around high 4.5s or 4.6 but it'll be interesting. I'm more interested in his vert. That's a true test of explosiveness. I do like the kid a lot