Flying Falcon

We were DUKED!!!!

69 posts in this topic

Watching Seattle's defense last night showed me that it was never Dan Quinn that established, created, or substained that defense. It has to be Pete Carroll. Quinn has rode his success to a gravy job in Atlanta and now has broke the wheels off a defense that was only a middle of the road to begin with. I mean, Smitty put together some tough defenses with Lofton, Spoon, and others too, so Quinn's high rated defense in 2016 isn't nothing to really toot our noses up for. I just don't see our defense really improving anywhere beyond where we are with this guy. I have prepared myself to see more of this face:

865185182.0.jpg

in 2019. He is who he is.

1 minute ago, ya_boi_j said:

He wants speed and athleticism. Not football players. Fortunately in that search he found at least 4 football players. That **** pic though

I'm pretty sure he wants football players with speed and athleticism.... Which is pretty much what every single coach in the NFL is looking for. Just like most though, he has some hits (Keanu, Deion Jones, Grady Jarret, Campbell) and some misses (Beasely, Duke Riley, Jalon Collins.) I don't have a problem at all with the talent we have brought in during Quinn era. Our roster when relatively healthy is as stacked as any roster in the NFL. I have a bigger issue with the play-calling, game management, situational awareness and his hire of Sark and Mannuel. Most of Quinn's issues as coach have been evident since day 1 and our collapse at the Superbowl showcased them in all of their hideous glory. 

12 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

He wants speed and athleticism. Not football players. Fortunately in that search he found at least 4 football players. That **** pic though

Bingo. You just identified some of his major issues as a defensive strategist and player evaluator.

Bunch of idiotic none sense,

Carroll is a defensive minded coach and nothing prevents him from getting good players to fit his scheme. Its as if other teams aren't allowed to put together a good defense once we poach one of their DC's. Our defense is the most talented defense we've had since 2004. We have good young talent at DT(grady), LB(dion), DE(Takk), and DB (Neal, Allen). What we need is to surround those players with good complementary role players and a DC that can develop them and get the most out of them and help lighten Quinn's load.

6 minutes ago, Dr Long Shot said:

I'm pretty sure he wants football players with speed and athleticism.... Which is pretty much what every single coach in the NFL is looking for. Just like most though, he has some hits (Keanu, Deion Jones, Grady Jarret, Campbell) and some misses (Beasely, Duke Riley, Jalon Collins.) I don't have a problem at all with the talent we have brought in during Quinn era. Our roster when relatively healthy is as stacked as any roster in the NFL. I have a bigger issue with the play-calling, game management, situational awareness and his hire of Sark and Mannuel. Most of Quinn's issues as coach have been evident since day 1 and our collapse at the Superbowl showcased them in all of their hideous glory. 

That is the problem. His defenses doesn't do well with no name players or scheming players to play to their strengths. Pete Carroll's defense seems to have a lot of no names playing within a system that seems to work for them. I don't even know what system we running.

PokerSteve and GreggT like this

6 minutes ago, Flying Falcon said:

That is the problem. His defenses doesn't do well with no name players or scheming players to play to their strengths. Pete Carroll's defense seems to have a lot of no names playing within a system that seems to work for them. I don't even know what system we running.

I believe it's the Charmin Chernobyl 3-8. If not, it's most likely the Manuel 4-7 Foamy. :lol:

36 minutes ago, Flying Falcon said:

Lmao frank clarke, jarran reed, wagner, kj Wright, and shaquil griffin are nobodies.

If DQ's hit & misses are .500, that won't get you in the playoffs, so you're basically saying your happy being mediocore???

I also want to add on that defense in Florida was built by Will Muschamp too. Dan Quinn is a great defensive coordinator when he has the right defensive minded head coach to give him the talent. Dan Quinn's issue isn't really talent tho, it's failures to make adjustments. Pete Corroll can adjust and keep his defenses consistent even without L.O.B.

Dan Quinn cannot. Quinn believes the same philosophy back then is going to work now. It's also a reflection of his 4th quarter blown leads. Once again not make adjustments or getting out coached time and time again when we're in one score games.

Edited by mqg96

4 minutes ago, mqg96 said:

I also want to add on that defense in Florida was built by Will Muschamp too. Dan Quinn is a great defensive coordinator when he has the right defensive minded head coach to give him the talent. Dan Quinn's issue isn't really talent tho, it's failures to make adjustments. Pete Corroll can adjust and keep his defenses consistent. Dan Quinn cannot. Quinn believes the same philosophy back then is going to work now. It's also a reflection of his 4th quarter blown leads. Once again not make adjustments or getting out coached time and time again when we're in one score games.

Don't forget Kris Richard as a mastermind of the LoB

edit: quoted the wrong person <_<

Edited by Pay the Zebra

7 hours ago, Flying Falcon said:

. I mean, Smitty put together some tough defenses

Is he talking about the same defense that started Worrilow and Barto and couldn’t stop a decent college offense? 

Is this the Defense you are referring to? 

JDaveG and Embrace the suck like this

I honestly think we have a talented defense, just no one to coordinate it together.

Same goes for the offense.....we've all seen how this offense rolls with good coordination.

Marinate on that.

GreggT likes this

1 minute ago, Stray Dog THA GAWD said:

Our defense sucks.

Our coaching sucks.

but:

KICKBALL WORLD CHAMPS, BABY!

I hope Santa brings you a new schtick tomorrow

JDaveG likes this

8 hours ago, Flying Falcon said:

Watching Seattle's defense last night showed me that it was never Dan Quinn that established, created, or substained that defense. It has to be Pete Carroll. Quinn has rode his success to a gravy job in Atlanta and now has broke the wheels off a defense that was only a middle of the road to begin with. I mean, Smitty put together some tough defenses with Lofton, Spoon, and others too, so Quinn's high rated defense in 2016 isn't nothing to really toot our noses up for. I just don't see our defense really improving anywhere beyond where we are with this guy. I have prepared myself to see more of this face:

865185182.0.jpg

in 2019. He is who he is.

bd3a5d38cbbb5ef5c39c15c63810fb8970bedddf

Whenever Quinn takes over playcalling, our defense drastically improves.  His defense was equally as important as the offense in 2016 as we stormed into the playoffs and Super Bowl.  I don’t think we allowed 20 points in the 1st half of all 3 playoff games combined.  The games were over at the half due to solid fundamental defense and turnovers.  Unfortunately Quinn lost his HC voice in the 2nd half of the SB and didn’t order 3 straight runs and a punt once up 28-3.  

Ask his old players...Irvin, Sherman, Thomas & Co all heaped praise on him.  You know more than them?  So do yourself a favor and stop while you are behind.  Say what you want about how he handles the offensive side of the ball, but he is a shockingly gifted talent evaluator and a wonderful coach on that side of the ball