Falconer89

Saints fans are jealous of us

75 posts in this topic

Jealous?  No.   But I do believe obsessed.  

Look at TV ratings for Falcons prime time and playoff games.  The top three viewing markets will be ATL, the other team’s town, and New Orleans.  It’s an inferiority complex on steroids.

They’re like that neighbor who thinks he’s better because he has $5,000 wheels on his car, but ignores the fact you have a hotter wife, smarter kids, a bigger house and make twice as much

 

Halcon-1 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rounz said:

I'm trying to think of the last time the Saints could have been jealous of us.

Maybe when we had a young Vick and they had Aaron somebody (Vick's cousin, I think)

Aaron brooks. 

When Vick on on your squad I would go to the games, knowing we’d lose, and I’d be like...”Man, I wish we had this guy.” “Where can we get a game-changer like this?” The Vick hype was nothing like Cam Newton.

rounz likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, The best NFC South team said:

Aaron brooks. 

When Vick on on your squad I would go to the games, knowing we’d lose, and I’d be like...”Man, I wish we had this guy.” “Where can we get a game-changer like this?” The Vick hype was nothing like Cam Newton.

Yeah, Aaron Brooks. Was he really Vick's cousin?

And what might have been with Vick... Yeah, he was the definition of "game-changer"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, rounz said:

Yeah, Aaron Brooks. Was he really Vick's cousin?

And what might have been with Vick... Yeah, he was the definition of "game-changer"

Very true, Brooks is Vick’s 2nd cousin. They’re both from Virginia.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On December 24, 2018 at 8:53 AM, WhenFalconsWin said:

Why are they jealous of us?

Oh right, we have our teeth and we're not married to our sisters. 

Creoles and Cajuns don't roll that way pal. Bamas in Georgia and D.C. however...

Bagofbones64 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People take football way too serious. If they win, Good for them. Won't change my life one way or the other.

I'll root for teams that have not won a SB before like I did for the Eagles last year after they sent us packing.

Chiefs, Texans, Vikings, etc.

Halcon-1 and Bagofbones64 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎12‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 8:03 AM, Ghosts of Glanville said:

Jealous?  No.   But I do believe obsessed.  

Look at TV ratings for Falcons prime time and playoff games.  The top three viewing markets will be ATL, the other team’s town, and New Orleans.  It’s an inferiority complex on steroids.

They’re like that neighbor who thinks he’s better because he has $5,000 wheels on his car, but ignores the fact you have a hotter wife, smarter kids, a bigger house and make twice as much

 

I would think you are onto something, but the Saints have a ring, and we have nothing.  Obsessed, yes.  Jealous absolutely not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, OldHippy said:

Jealous of us? I think they're laughing at us.

God help us if Brees raises the Lombardi Trophy in our house!
National Suicide Prevention Hotline
1 800 273- 8255

Eh, who cares. . . people who get wound up about this take cheering for their favorite laundry way too seriously

Then again, when you live in a state shaped like a toilet, I guess you take life’s little victories wherever you can

Edited by Ghosts of Glanville

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

People take football way too serious. If they win, Good for them. Won't change my life one way or the other.

I'll root for teams that have not won a SB before like I did for the Eagles last year after they sent us packing.

Chiefs, Texans, Vikings, etc.

Chiefs won Superbowl IV.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/24/2018 at 5:54 AM, Falconer89 said:

Every 2nd or 3rd thread on their forum is about us. Looks like they can't stop thinking about us even when they have a decent team lol.

The only thing they could be jealous of is our Draft pick!!! :lol:

Iron Saint and Godzilla1985 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

People take football way too serious. If they win, Good for them. Won't change my life one way or the other.

I'll root for teams that have not won a SB before like I did for the Eagles last year after they sent us packing.

Chiefs, Texans, Vikings, etc.

QFT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/24/2018 at 9:54 AM, SaintRay said:

We’re gonna take your souls on Feb 3, 2019.

Y'all winning that here is inevitable at this point. This franchise somehow finds new ways to humiliate its fanbase. It's beyond ridiculous.

And as far as my Falcon soul, it was crushed in an industrial hydraulic press around 10:00 p.m. February 5th, 2019. I don't think you'd want it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎12‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 6:57 AM, A Pimp Named Slickback™ said:

IDK my guy. We have fans around here that sound like they'll slit their wrists if the Saints win this year.

I wouldn't do that, but I darn sure would be disappointed if they won their second, and we still don't have one.  That would be depressing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/24/2018 at 5:54 AM, Falconer89 said:

Every 2nd or 3rd thread on their forum is about us. Looks like they can't stop thinking about us even when they have a decent team lol.

Yeah, really jealous! They have a Lombardi trophy, we have the greatest collapse in sports history in the SB. They are pacing to potentially reach the SB and win it in our stadium. Yet they’re jealous of us? I think “mocking us” is what you were looking to say, jealous ain’t this. 

Bagofbones64 and Iron Saint like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see the post on the Saints winning the Superbowl in Atlanta, But think about if they would lose the Superbowl in Atlanta and had to go to the place they lost there second Superbowl every year, its the opposite effect.

Edited by Bartholomew

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Bartholomew said:

I see the post on the Saints winning the Superbowl in Atlanta, But think about if they would lose the Superbowl in Atlanta and had to go to the place they lost there second Superbowl every year, its the opposite effect.

 They'll still say atleast they have 1 and we don't.

Iron Saint likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now