Followers 0
FalconsIn2012

To The Tankers

71 posts in this topic

On 12/26/2018 at 11:48 AM, Knight of God said:

You can have three picks and hit big, 20 picks and still bust

15 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

I’ll bump this for everyone saying we should tank

sooo basically ... taking is not a positive buuut it's also not a negative? because the non taking teams are in the same spot when it comes to draft picks

On 12/23/2018 at 10:31 PM, 11=team said:

There's not a serious fan who attends Falcons games or has a vested interest in this team who wants them to tank for a stupid chance at getting two or three draft chances higher.   

So you decided this?

On 12/23/2018 at 9:37 PM, FalconsIn2012 said:

Edit: still applies this year.

I understand your desire for a top-5 pick.  It’s sexy and exciting.  But ask yourself this: if we lost the past 2 games, what would it say about our team?  If we lost to Arizona & Carolina, it would be a problem.  The team would be terminal and in need of a purge.  Thankfully we won convincingly.  That’s what a good team does.  It wasn’t perfect or pretty, but we asserted ourselves.  I’d rather go into the offseason looking like the team we all assumed we were 6 months ago.  It gives us reasonable hope for 2019.  If we lost 5 in a row to end the year, it would be a terrifying offseason.  Picking in the top-5 is great in a rebuild...but I’d rather pick 12th with reasonable expectations of playoffs and possibly more in 2019.

Still applies today my man. . . good bump

On 12/23/2018 at 9:37 PM, FalconsIn2012 said:

Edit: still applies this year.

I understand your desire for a top-5 pick.  It’s sexy and exciting.  But ask yourself this: if we lost the past 2 games, what would it say about our team?  If we lost to Arizona & Carolina, it would be a problem.  The team would be terminal and in need of a purge.  Thankfully we won convincingly.  That’s what a good team does.  It wasn’t perfect or pretty, but we asserted ourselves.  I’d rather go into the offseason looking like the team we all assumed we were 6 months ago.  It gives us reasonable hope for 2019.  If we lost 5 in a row to end the year, it would be a terrifying offseason.  Picking in the top-5 is great in a rebuild...but I’d rather pick 12th with reasonable expectations of playoffs and possibly more in 2019.

I agree with most of what you said, and most things you post in general, but I honestly don't think how you play at the end of the season matters if you aren't in the playoffs.  We won the last three game last year (around when you posted this originally) and we started out this season 1-7.  There is no such thing as momentum that carries from one year to another, because so much of the team changes.  Especially in a year where maybe the head coach didn't change, but a ton of the faces calling the plays and game planning did.  

I'm not pro tanking, but I do wonder if we had the 5th overall pick vs 14 how different our draft this year looks.  If we were targetting Lindstrom we could have traded down and got a late first/early second.  We could have taken our tackle with our second round pick.  In this scenario we gain an extra pick and we still have our third round pick because we didn't have to trade up for Mcgary.  Maybe those two picks help change the fortune of the team this year, maybe it doesn't, but it wouldn't make it any worse as it would be cheaper talent that would give us more flexibility next year.  Obviously this is all hypothetical, TD has never traded down in the first round so maybe this is wishful thinking haha.

1 hour ago, PokerSteve said:

Fans can't "tank." Can nobody here understand that inescapable, central, transcendent fact? Find another dead horse to hammer on. Tanks in advance. 

Yeah, I did that on purpose. What you gon' do? :argh:

Don’t make me find and tank you, my friend!!!  lol.  You’re always good with me, PS

PokerSteve likes this

The funny thing is... We suck worse this year with more talent. Yes, if we lost to AZ and CAR last year, it would have just confirmed what was coming this year. We'll probably lose the rest of the way here and show all of the warts that we hoped weren't real last year. We thought beating those two teams last year meant we at least weren't worse than them. And here we are.

25 minutes ago, vel said:

The funny thing is... We suck worse this year with more talent. Yes, if we lost to AZ and CAR last year, it would have just confirmed what was coming this year. We'll probably lose the rest of the way here and show all of the warts that we hoped weren't real last year. We thought beating those two teams last year meant we at least weren't worse than them. And here we are.

Coaching will do that for you.

When it’s all said and done Dan Quinn won’t be remembered for winning.  He’ll be remembered for losing.

vel likes this

16 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

I’ll bump this for everyone saying we should tank

Uhh last year pretty much proved those late season wins meant nothing, no momentum going into this year and worse picks in every round. We could have actually traded down and actually gotten more talent which could have imporved our chances this year instead of trading back into the 1st to grab a second OL.

We don't even need to talk about tanking this year cause our team is so bad they will probably end up 3-13, by better draft picks last year certainly could have helped us.

14 hours ago, Nino11 said:

Winning games at this point literally does us no good. Sit some starters and give some young guys a look and see who is worth keeping 

Yep, its a moot point cause or team is so bad we will probably lose out anyway but it would be in our best interest long term to play our depth and find out who wants to stay next year when we hopefully have a new coaching staff and GM.

We are 3-9, no hope for playoffs or a winning record, wins at this point not only mean nothing they hurt our long term perspectives as a franchise.I want the best fore this team long term and another 7-9 season back to back is not going to help us in any way.

21 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Don’t make me find and tank you, my friend!!!  lol.  You’re always good with me, PS

Same here, my brother. Don't bother, I already been tanked many times before. lulz  :lol: