ya_boi_j

The Ridley TD

79 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Julio was playing hurt. Not saying that’s the reason for that but he was grasping at his chest a little and walking slow after that throw

Well yeah...no ish. Duh. 

25 minutes ago, schwarzenegger321 said:

This is what I noticed and it was plain as day.  Ryan has a strong *** arm!  A lot stronger than people will give him credit.  He threw the ball 45+ yards.”, on a rope, on his back foot, and not being able to step into the throw.  Watch the video and look at how he throws the ball.  He reaches up and over Mathews man and doesn’t even complete a full arm motion and he had no follow through.  He does that and still hits Ridley in stride for a TD.  Doubt many other QBs in the league can make that throw.  When Ryan doesn’t have to throw the ball a mile high to let his athletic wrs “compete” for the ball, and they actually get open, this is what happens.

That was brute arm strength right there man. Remarkable under those conditions Ryan could throw the football that far.

pure power, sheer arm strength clearly demonstrated on that throw. And some were actually claiming he has a weak arm!  Haha!

Falconsfan567 and Drew4719 like this

1 minute ago, ya_boi_j said:

Julio is 29. Way too soon to say he’s lost a step

He’s declining man. It’s all relative. The hits. The way he’s used. How the intermediate route runners get hit. They way he takes them on. It’s a real thing man. He’s still going to be great but his long speed, quickness is slowing. It takes him more to get up to top end speed these days. You don’t see it? I’ve followed him since high school. I know the player. I’m not hating. He makes that play 2 years ago. Ryan can’t overthrow anybody. That was a long drawn out play design. 

⚡Slumerican⚡ likes this

1 minute ago, Black Francis said:

He’s declining man. It’s all relative. The hits. The way he’s used. How the intermediate route runners get hit. They way he takes them on. It’s a real thing man. He’s still going to be great but his long speed, quickness is slowing. It takes him more to get up to top end speed these days. You don’t see it? I’ve followed him since high school. I know the player. I’m not hating. He makes that play 2 years ago. Ryan can’t overthrow anybody. That was a long drawn out play design. 

Save that hating ****. I never said you were. But nah I don’t see it. He’s playing injured and Ryan put too much on it. If he wasn’t injured, especially having groin issues, then I would consider that. Ryan has overthrown a lot this season. It just comes with the territory 

Flying Falcon likes this

2 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Save that hating ****. I never said you were. But nah I don’t see it. He’s playing injured and Ryan put too much on it. If he wasn’t injured, especially having groin issues, then I would consider that. Ryan has overthrown a lot this season. It just comes with the territory 

Hey man. This is a temperamental board. Hard to know with folks. So yeah...I’m with you brother. I’ll temper the hating comment. I’m just saying yeah he’s hurt. That’s my point. It’s a wear and tear thing. The years. He’s dealing with that. That’s part of the natural decline. The nagging injuries. It affects players. Part of the game. Life man. I know. Heck it’s even referenced in the original fifty Rocky movie. He says I’m 30 I don’t have my legs anymore.  You’ll laugh, but That’s a real thing man. He’s an all world athlete but he’s beginning to lose his legs. It happens. There’s no stopping it. He’s not a quick twitch guy. He’s a power receiver. The very reason he’s so physical. Yeah he’s hurt. He’ll always be hurt. Things don’t get better as seasons progress. It’s the exact opposite. You know this. Next year he’ll be 30. In the sports world that’s not prime. He’s no longer in his prime. Strength wise sure and he’ll demonstrate that but top end speed for a man his size? No. 

ya_boi_j likes this

9 minutes ago, Black Francis said:

Hey man. This is a temperamental board. Hard to know with folks. So yeah...I’m with you brother. I’ll temper the hating comment. I’m just saying yeah he’s hurt. That’s my point. It’s a wear and tear thing. The years. He’s dealing with that. That’s part of the natural decline. The nagging injuries. It affects players. Part of the game. Life man. I know. Heck it’s even referenced in the original fifty Rocky movie. He says I’m 30 I don’t have my legs anymore.  You’ll laugh, but That’s a real thing man. He’s an all world athlete but he’s beginning to lose his legs. It happens. There’s no stopping it. He’s not a quick twitch guy. He’s a power receiver. The very reason he’s so physical. Yeah he’s hurt. He’ll always be hurt. Things don’t get better as seasons progress. It’s the exact opposite. You know this. Next year he’ll be 30. In the sports world that’s not prime. He’s no longer in his prime. Strength wise sure and he’ll demonstrate that but top end speed for a man his size? No. 

That’s why I’m not against him coming out of the game on certain downs. They have used him up and he takes a pure beating every week. I got worse once Ridley hit the wall and the line took away the run game. Julio was the main go to and he’s paying for it now. 

Sidenote, all that you’re a hater **** is for easily butthurt people. I don’t do all that lol

9 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

That’s why I’m not against him coming out of the game on certain downs. They have used him up and he takes a pure beating every week. I got worse once Ridley hit the wall and the line took away the run game. Julio was the main go to and he’s paying for it now. 

Sidenote, all that you’re a hater **** is for easily butthurt people. I don’t do all that lol

You’re my dude man. We agree, not on everything...it just hurts sometimes. I love Julio. He’ll always be Alabama to me and I love the Falcons but the game is taking a toll on his body. He’s that kind of guy though. A physical old school player.  He can’t help himself. That’s why I love him so much. He’s fierce. 

ya_boi_j likes this

10 minutes ago, Falcanuck said:

Why even chance an overthrow when your man is wide open? I don’t understand the critique. 

That’s because you’re effing Canadian lol. 

10 minutes ago, Falcanuck said:

LOL 

wow roasted me!

Lol. You like that?  Even today’s hockey is a speed game. A finesse game. Not a goon game anymore. Less physical than ever. Fighting is no longer a part of the game. It’s way down and climbing lower. American football with the speed and violent “legal” hits is worse than ever. The legal kidney shots. Hits to the ribs. Knees and yes the still border line high hits. Julio is feeling the affects of that my brother not to mention what offensive and defensive linemen endure. It’s a terrible brutal game because of the speed. 

34 minutes ago, Black Francis said:

Lol. You like that?  Even today’s hockey is a speed game. A finesse game. Not a goon game anymore. Less physical than ever. Fighting is no longer a part of the game. It’s way down and climbing lower. American football with the speed and violent “legal” hits is worse than ever. The legal kidney shots. Hits to the ribs. Knees and yes the still border line high hits. Julio is feeling the affects of that my brother not to mention what offensive and defensive linemen endure. It’s a terrible brutal game because of the speed. 

wat

2 minutes ago, Falcanuck said:

Jokes are supposed to be funny

He's clearly making fun of all the "noodle arm" posters. But he didn't want to just come out and say it. He wanted them to figure it out for themselves.

45 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

He's clearly making fun of all the "noodle arm" posters. But he didn't want to just come out and say it. He wanted them to figure it out for themselves.

Not a single person in this thread deduced that OP was doing anything except critiquing the throw. 

Use purple next time. Or make it funny.

4 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

Lol yeah. I was thinking more would catch on and laugh about it. I was gonna make a noodle arm joke but like I said in the OP, I didn’t want anyone to take it the wrong way. Even with me saying it was going to be for ***** and giggles someone is gonna take it far too serious

Should have said it in post #1. The throw was off. Inside and late. We all know Ryan's weakness is the deep ball. Usually doesn't set his feet, take the air out and keep the receiver in stride. He's always struggled with it but perfected it in 2016 when he went to that California passing camp. Been off in 2017 and 2018. Needs to go back to camp next year.

ya_boi_j and Flying Falcon like this

37 minutes ago, Falcanuck said:

Not a single person in this thread deduced that OP was doing anything except critiquing the throw. 

I did and a couple others did.

ya_boi_j likes this

51 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Should have said it in post #1. The throw was off. Inside and late. We all know Ryan's weakness is the deep ball. Usually doesn't set his feet, take the air out and keep the receiver in stride. He's always struggled with it but perfected it in 2016 when he went to that California passing camp. Been off in 2017 and 2018. Needs to go back to camp next year.

I agree with the camp part of this post. I think the original plan was to go last offseasom but you know twins and pregnancy complications halted that plan.

2 hours ago, Falcanuck said:

You’ll be okay