ya_boi_j

The Ridley TD

79 posts in this topic

First off, the fact that they've got technology to do camera angles like this just blows my mind. I wish I knew how they did this.

Now on to the throw, the thing that popped out to me about it was that it had a much lower trajectory on it than most of Ryan's deep throws this year. That allowed it to get to Ridley quicker so that he was able to catch and run with it instead of being caught from behind.

Now that being said, early in the game on the deep shot to Russell, OMG, that was such a terrible throw by Ryan. That Gage beat his man easily on that play and Ryan should have hit him right in stride but instead he lofted it over the top and allowed the corner to jump the route and break it up. He's extremely lucky that wasn't a pick.

jidady likes this

1 minute ago, ya_boi_j said:

Lol yeah. I was thinking more would catch on and laugh about it. I was gonna make a noodle arm joke but like I said in the OP, I didn’t want anyone to take it the wrong way. Even with me saying it was going to be for ***** and giggles someone is gonna take it far too serious

Yeah. I mean when I saw it I thought it was a tad under thrown. Thankfully he had the guy beat so bad it didn't matter. lol. 

Flying Falcon and ya_boi_j like this

6 minutes ago, Geneaut said:

Matt sells the handoff pretty good. Understated part of his game 

Matt Ryan has always been great at selling the run fake. It's one of the things I noticed most about his game when he was still in college and how he ranked right up there with Peyton Manning.

Geneaut likes this

3 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Lol yeah. I was thinking more would catch on and laugh about it. I was gonna make a noodle arm joke but like I said in the OP, I didn’t want anyone to take it the wrong way. Even with me saying it was going to be for ***** and giggles someone is gonna take it far too serious

I figured that is what you were getting at. LOL! You're being sneaky my friend. :lol:

ya_boi_j likes this

3 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

First off, the fact that they've got technology to do camera angles like this just blows my mind. I wish I knew how they did this.

I've heard then talk about it before. They have several cameras around the stadium. Then they are just electronically stitched together. 

Falconsfan567 likes this

Ryan didn't get his feet set before the pass, he pulled it off but Ridley was wide open. A stronger arm and it would have been a bigger burn play. Ridley had to almost stop to wait for the ball

30 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

None of the above. But I ain’t gonna say anything though because I don’t want to get anyone up in arms. I’m not gonna take the bait :lol:

Take what bait? You brought it up. 

ATLFalcons11 likes this

What I love about the throw is Ryan threw the ball over 40 yards through the air while moving backward to avoid Mathews mowing him over.

Thats a heck of a lot of arm strength to throw it that far with just your upper body. He wasn’t even on his back foot, he literally was **backing up as he released it**.

phenomenal throw many QBs couldn’t even make

44 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

There’s one noticeable thing about this throw but I don’t want anyone to take it the wrong way. But it was good to see Ridley make a key play for the first time in a while

Matt Ryan has no problem playing till 40 but his arm may not make it to 35. 

ya_boi_j and Flying Falcon like this

10 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I figured that is what you were getting at. LOL! You're being sneaky my friend. :lol:

12 minutes ago, fuego said:

Yeah. I mean when I saw it I thought it was a tad under thrown. Thankfully he had the guy beat so bad it didn't matter. lol. 

Yeah lol.  First thing in my head was “thank god no one was around”. With Ridleys hands, if anyone was on him and can get hands on him, that isn’t a catch 

Flying Falcon likes this

This is what I noticed and it was plain as day.  Ryan has a strong *** arm!  A lot stronger than people will give him credit.  He threw the ball 45+ yards.”, on a rope, on his back foot, and not being able to step into the throw.  Watch the video and look at how he throws the ball.  He reaches up and over Mathews man and doesn’t even complete a full arm motion and he had no follow through.  He does that and still hits Ridley in stride for a TD.  Doubt many other QBs in the league can make that throw.  When Ryan doesn’t have to throw the ball a mile high to let his athletic wrs “compete” for the ball, and they actually get open, this is what happens.

Ryan overthrew Julio on a deep ball that Julio makes the play a few years ago. He’s lost a step. Still heck to deal with but he makes that catch in the SB year.  

2 minutes ago, NCFalconfan said:

That safety didn't just bite on that play action fake, he bit, chewed and swallowed on that play action fake. Lmao

No way that was a bite.  Must have been a delayed blitz.  The Oline clean as day drops to pass protection after the snap.  The LBs and safeties read the line first then locate the ball.  He was hauling it from the snap.

3 minutes ago, Black Francis said:

Ryan overthrew Julio on a deep ball that Julio makes the play a few years ago. He’s lost a step. Still heck to deal with but he makes that catch in the SB year.  

Julio was playing hurt. Not saying that’s the reason for that but he was grasping at his chest a little and walking slow after that throw

5 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Julio was playing hurt. Not saying that’s the reason for that but he was grasping at his chest a little and walking slow after that throw

Yeah I noticed on that play JJ was a bit slow.  He didn't look like himself on that play.

Drew4719 and ya_boi_j like this

5 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

You would have lost a step if you were dealing with a bad groin and ribs too.

K. Auburn fan. I’m Alabama and you know that. Which means you’ll never get close to loving him like me. I was just making an observation. He didn’t look like Julio on that play. At least the one we knew. He’s still going to be great for the next 2 to 3 years but he’s also entering his Andre Johnson years for a big physical receiver. The hits are mounting up. Truth.