ya_boi_j

The Ridley TD

79 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

There’s one noticeable thing about this throw but I don’t want anyone to take it the wrong way. But it was good to see Ridley make a key play for the first time in a while

What was noticable about the throw? 

Just now, Faithful Falcon said:

I’m not about to go back and forth with Ryan knights so i won’t touch that. You see it clear as day. I don’t have to say it

Flying Falcon likes this

Just now, ya_boi_j said:

I’m not about to go back and forth with Ryan knights so i won’t touch that. You see it clear as day. I don’t have to say it

I saw when the play happened that he was bumped by Matthews, who was almost beaten. If you're talking about the ball being of Ridley's Right Shoulder, instead of his left. That would have affected the throw. He read saw the safety bite of the playaction, and he threw it. Ryan has had a lot of play like that that he couldn't get the pass off in time because of the OL.

Just now, Faithful Falcon said:

I saw when the play happened that he was bumped by Matthews, who was almost beaten. If you're talking about the ball being of Ridley's Right Shoulder, instead of his left. That would have affected the throw. He read saw the safety bite of the playaction, and he threw it. Ryan has had a lot of play like that that he couldn't get the pass off in time because of the OL.

None of the above. But I ain’t gonna say anything though because I don’t want to get anyone up in arms. I’m not gonna take the bait :lol:

Flying Falcon likes this

6 minutes ago, Faithful Falcon said:

I imagine it's that the throw "led" Ridley inside where the safety was.

However, sane folk will look at it as Ryan hitting his open receiver in space despite having his legs taken from under him by his own lineman.

*Woah, my noble steed, heel.

1 minute ago, Sir Joe™ said:

I imagine it's that the throw "led" Ridley inside where the safety was.

However, sane folk will look at it as Ryan hitting his open receiver in space despite having his legs taken from under him by his own lineman.

*Woah, my noble steed, heel.

I agree. Actually Reid was covering Julio's Top. The safety that was covering Ridley's Top bit on the playaction, and Ryan wasted no time throwing it to him. A split second later, and we would probably have an incomplete pass, fumble, or INT. That's how bad out line has played this season.

ya_boi_j likes this

6 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

None of the above. But I ain’t gonna say anything though because I don’t want to get anyone up in arms. I’m not gonna take the bait :lol:

You trying to get at it was underthrown because Ridley had to slow down a little?

ya_boi_j likes this

1 minute ago, tl;dr said:

I didn't notice anything incredible or terrible about the throw. Just a throw any average NFL QB should make 

The problem I have with your statement is that any average QB should make this throw. It's about timing. That's what makes a great, not average QB. The fact that you saw the safety bite, and took advantage of it. 

No.11, Run 'n' Shoot and HolyMoses like this

Just now, youngbloodz said:

What the heck was the safety thinking? He bit hard as heck on that play action. DBs are taught to play the pass first smh

He was fooled I guess .

1 minute ago, Faithful Falcon said:

The problem I have with your statement is that any average QB should make this throw. It's about timing. That's what makes a great, not average QB. The fact that you saw the safety bite, and took advantage of it. 

I've watched it a few times and yeah I see the safety biting like you said. Didn't notice that at first. If anything, he led him a bit too far inside and it was a hair late. 

Flying Falcon likes this

Just now, Geneaut said:

Matt sells the handoff pretty good. 

True but no excuse for that safety. He is in zone and completely left his teammates out to dry. That would start a fight in the locker room quick

Geneaut likes this

8 minutes ago, fuego said:

You trying to get at it was underthrown because Ridley had to slow down a little?

Lol yeah. I was thinking more would catch on and laugh about it. I was gonna make a noodle arm joke but like I said in the OP, I didn’t want anyone to take it the wrong way. Even with me saying it was going to be for ***** and giggles someone is gonna take it far too serious