STOIC 2.0

OH FOR THE LOVE OF......REALLY?!?!?!

24 posts in this topic

In 1997 Falcons went 5-1 down the stretch finishing 7-9 and make it to the SB next year.  Win next week and Falcons would also finish 7-9 looking forward to next year.   I rather do that then said losing 8 in a row and finish 4-12 just to get higher draft picks.

I mean...remember when these boards were full of FANS? Quick to jump on the coaches/players that deserved the criticism....but most were at least FAIR. I saw one post calling Hill "Trash" after his FIRST RUN!!! How'd that turn out for ya sir? It's knee-jerk NONSENSE from trolls who know NOTHING about the game....and HATERS who don't care either way. For f**ks sake!!!!

31 minutes ago, STOIC 2.0 said:

I will take the momentum of a three-win streak going into the off-season for slipping a few spots in the draft. I swear, some people just wanna hate and cry about the sky falling.

I understand. Still, momentum also means little - for a roster that most board-members want "purged"

:lol:

31 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

If these people only realized that there are just as many successful players outside of the top 10 in today’s NFL we wouldn’t have to worry about the front page filled with stupid *** tank threads. 

Exactly! Just look at Julio...uh...never mind. 

I certainly don't hate the win. I hate that the defense still can't tackle, cover, or get off the field, even against a backup/practice squad QB. The Falcons D just sucks.

What is this momentum you speak of? 

-Sark will get fired most likely. 

-We will draft and acquire new players via FA in the offseason. 

-The players will be on lavish vacations that most of us can’t afford during the summer. 

-They will have to come back and learn possibly a new system on O. 

-Then go through our normal crap the bed preseason routine we do under Quinn. 

Any momentum you THINK we will have from winning 3 games will be gone after all that. :)

Edited by GleasonForever!
slickgadawg likes this

Ideally, yes it’s better to lose for a better draft position.  But honestly, if we lost the last two weeks we would have bigger issues at hand.  Issues that picking 6-7 spots earlier in the draft can’t fix.  Instead we won both games convincingly, as a good team should.  I’d rather be that heading into the offseason.

Edited by Falconsin2012
FalconFanSince1970 likes this

11 minutes ago, GleasonForever! said:

What is an example of a team carrying over momentum from a prior season? I really want to know. 

Falcons 98 Super Bowl

1 hour ago, STOIC 2.0 said:

I will take the momentum of a three-win streak going into the off-season for slipping a few spots in the draft. I swear, some people just wanna hate and cry about the sky falling.

What momentum?  What does that mean?  

There is no momentum.  There is only Zuul.

40 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

1977, 1979, 1990, 1997, 2003 and 2015.

Thank you! This so much... Also anyone think the Browns aren't learning how to win now that they are 7-7-1? You think they want to tank for that high draft pick again? No, you don't tank, you play to win the game period.

Every time, and I mean EVERY TIME, this team under Matt Ryan has ended a "lost" season under a bit of momentum, it has had major, positive implications for the following season. Notably, 2009 (ended on 3 game win streak to give us first back-to-back winning seasons), and 2015, where we knocked off Carolina's undefeated season.

This isn't the NBA where 1 star player changes the direction of the franchise. 

If you were to tell me that we can end on a 3 game win streak, come back with a version of this roster, make some tweaks to coordinators/scheme, and draft in the top-12 every round in this draft, I'll be one happy customer. 

Losing is for LOSERS.

I appreciate DQ's culture to fight like ****, and let the chips fall where they may. 

We've always drafted EXTREMELY well under DQ, and I think sitting where we'll sit at 7-9 in the draft will still give us an impact player. 

We will come back hungry, fix the dumb s**t, pay attention to detail, and be the team we thought we'd be, next year. 

I'm very proud of our team, and any Sunday the Falcons win, is a great one in my book. 

""I mean, at the end of the day, I just want to win,'' he said. "All that other stuff is great, but there's nothing like winning. Losing sucks.''" -- Christian McCaffrey, whose team lost

Mr.Blank and Drew4719 like this

1 hour ago, jidady said:

""I mean, at the end of the day, I just want to win,'' he said. "All that other stuff is great, but there's nothing like winning. Losing sucks.''" -- Christian McCaffrey, whose team lost

This. Screw tanking.