mattyicefalcon

Falcons New O.C

107 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, ya_boi_j said:

I’m not either. Especially if the offense plays lights out next week. End of the day you can’t blame him for what’s stood out like a sore thumb. Poor blocking and drops

Plus all year without a #1 RB. 

1 minute ago, Vandy said:

Plus all year without a #1 RB. 

Wouldn’t go that far. Coleman is just as much a #1 as freeman. Freeman most likely wouldn’t be much better behind that trash line

1 minute ago, youngbloodz said:

Free would have struggled too behind this line. But Coleman's lack of vision and his inability to break tackles was just as frustrating to me

A healthy Free wouldn’t have. 

4 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Wouldn’t go that far. Coleman is just as much a #1 as freeman. Freeman most likely wouldn’t be much better behind that trash line

LOL, Teco has proven this year he’s not a #1. 

OL is not as bad as you & others here claim it is. Our RB’s inability to cut up has been just as big an issue as to why we are near bottom of league in running the ball. 

8 minutes ago, Atlantafan21 said:

If we had Rodgers or Brady people here would want them gone too. Actually, a lot of packer fans are saying Rodgers is the problem. Guess a lot of people are just dumb. 

Different reasons though. The focus on Rodgers is his attitude. The focus on Brady is his age.

Ryan has been playing good this year but I’ve noticed his arm is regressing. Not by a huge amount, but enough for there to be a need for a contingency plan if he does “fall off a cliff”. 

I think Ryan has about two years left of his current play before we start to see a significant decline. If we draft a QB in the 2020 draft and let him sit and learn for two years. Ryan would then be 38 (I believe) and could transition to a backup role capacity to continue to groom his protege. 

9 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

I think the issue is that Sark doesn’t seem to know how to use Coleman effectively. I believe Coleman is a #1 RB but the utilization of him seems to be incredibly dumb. 

6 minutes ago, Vandy said:

OL is not as bad as you & others here claim it is. Our RB’s inability to cut up has been just as big an issue as to why we are near bottom of league in running the ball. 

If you truly believe the offensive line isn’t that bad then you are blind to it. Ryan has been murdered all season outside of what 2 games and they can’t open a hole to save their lives. 

1 minute ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

I think the issue is that Sark doesn’t seem to know how to use Coleman effectively. I believe Coleman is a #1 RB but the utilization of him seems to be incredibly dumb. 

He’s in the same situation as Duke Johnson in Cleveland 

Sidecar Falcon likes this

7 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

QB leads the NFC in passing yards, is completing 69% of his passes, has 33 TD passes and just 6 INT with the worst ground game in the NFL while being sacked the most times in his career and somehow he's the problem?

I just get so sick of the Matt Ryan hate that is so unjustified.

It is mystifying.  He's a truly great QB, and I LOVE his toughness. He gets hit a ton, and he always hangs in there.

The only complaint I have of Ryan is his deep balls.  He isn't good at throwing them.  Seems he's always off target on them.

6 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

If you truly believe the offensive line isn’t that bad then you are blind to it. Ryan has been murdered all season outside of what 2 games and they can’t open a hole to save their lives. 

It needs some work, but near as bad as ya’ll have claimed. Any OL anchored by Mack and Matthews isn’t awful. 

The running game issues have been more about the RB’s. 

13 minutes ago, Vandy said:

I do think a healthy Free would have done better behind this line. I do agree cause he has that sudden stop and go quickness. He also break tackles and have elite vision. But I still think he would have struggled behind this line though

Just now, Vandy said:

It needs some work, but near as bad as ya’ll have claimed. Any OL anchored by Mack and Matthews isn’t awful. 

Definitely need two OGs imo. I wouldn't mind a RT either. Levitre is a good OG but he can't stay healthy unfortunately 

Drew4719, Vandy and Falconsfan567 like this

I do think a healthy Free would have done better behind this line. I do agree cause he has that sudden stop and go quickness. He also break tackles and have elite vision. But I still think he would have struggled behind this line though

That’s fair. Schraeder especially has been horrible. Not sure what has been going on with him.

Pacific_Falcon likes this

8 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

He’s in the same situation as Duke Johnson in Cleveland 

Great example. Love Duke, he’s a very underrated RB. Could do very well if in the right system. 

ya_boi_j likes this

Definitely need two OGs imo. I wouldn't mind a RT either. Levitre is a good OG but he can't stay healthy unfortunately 

I hated the Fusco signing. 

Draft an OG in Rd 2 and sign a vet RT and we’d be back to being a Top 10 OL IMO. 

youngbloodz likes this

3 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Agreed.  If you want to see a great offensive line, watch the Rams.  I hate to say this, but Gurley's season doesn't look near as impressive after watching Anderson behind that line yesterday.  Just another example of why a RB is generally not a good idea high in the draft.  

8 minutes ago, Vandy said:

There's more to being an offensive lineman than run blocking.  Pass blocking has been atrocious.

ya_boi_j likes this

20 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Lol 

Jerz #DukeSZN likes this

17 minutes ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

Great example. Love Duke, he’s a very underrated RB. Could do very well if in the right system. 

I figured once Hue was fired they’d actually use him more but that wasn’t the case

Sidecar Falcon likes this

19 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Draft an OG in Rd 2 and sign a vet RT and we’d be back to being a Top 10 OL IMO. 

Vandy you’re not liking what Sambrailo is doing at RT or is it to small of a sample 

Ryan2White and Vandy like this

41 minutes ago, Vandy said:

I like that a lot. 

Vandy likes this

42 minutes ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

There's more to being an offensive lineman than run blocking.  Pass blocking has been atrocious.

Still another example of folks embellishing the OL blocking. Ryan wouldn’t be top 5 in every passing stat if pass blocking was “atrocious”.

58 minutes ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

Coleman is RB1 when he can split carries. This year has proved that. He can't carry the load alone. Now, we will see if Free is able to do it next year. Maybe