NFC South standings

Not that it’s a big deal at all, but I was just wanting to know....

is there any way the Falcons can finish last?? If the Sucs beat us next week and Carolina wins, would we hold the tie breaker over the Sucs?? I have a friend that’s a Sucs fan and I told him they would finish LAST in the division AGAIN. I just need to know if I can start bashing him now. LOL

I think we have secured at least 3rd place now.  If we lose next week to the Bucs and the Panthers win:

Panthers 7-9

Falcons 6-10

Bucs 6-10 

Head-to-head between us and the Bucs would be 1-1, so the next tiebreaker would be NFC conference standings where we would be 6-6 and the Bucs would be 5-7. 

We lost all 4 of our AFC games this year but actually will at worst end up with an even record in our division and conference (3-3 NFC South Division, 6-6 NFC Conference) and could have a winning record in both if we beat the Bucs (4-2, 7-5).

12 hours ago, Bigbenright said:

Had is the word.

Seeing how their starting QB AND backup went down with broken legs, had would be the word. Would you feel any better had they beaten at least 1 team w/ a winning record, yet still missed the playoffs? Falcons lost to a lot of teams they had no business losing to, winning record or otherwise.

4 hours ago, A Pimp Named Slickback™ said:

Seeing how their starting QB AND backup went down with broken legs, had would be the word. Would you feel any better had they beaten at least 1 team w/ a winning record, yet still missed the playoffs? Falcons lost to a lot of teams they had no business losing to, winning record or otherwise.

It is simply a comment on how bad we really are. Big deal if we are second in our division. There is obviously only one good team in our division. We are the second best team in the NFC South. 

13 minutes ago, Bigbenright said:

It is simply a comment on how bad we really are. Big deal if we are second in our division. There is obviously only one good team in our division. We are the second best team in the NFC South. 

Who's talking about being in 2nd? Not me... None of it matters if there is no playoffs. We are bad this season, so I agree wholeheartedly with that point.