nolove4thecrook

with all the dang negativity on this board.

43 posts in this topic

I've seen it all fire everyone fire Quinn it's a dumpster fire guy the team bla bla bla. I have to take the time out to support the coaching staff and the team because unlike the popular opinion that the team shouldve tanked I see them playing with fire. These flames will be carried on to next year I dont care if we pick in the teens what I wanted to see was the resiliency that Quinn constantly preaches. We might be down fellas but were not out. Quinn is a helluva coach and we have a helluva team that I've seen fight like dogs last two weeks. If you dont cosign that find another team. #riseup 

I want high draft picks, just can't route for them to lose no matter what.  When the season's over, the pick will be where it is.  I will root for the teams lower than us to win, not for us to lose.  I'd rather a lower pick, than having a team as bad as the cardinals are.  Just the way my fandom works. 

5 minutes ago, falconut1991 said:

I want high draft picks, just can't route for them to lose no matter what.  When the season's over, the pick will be where it is.  I will root for the teams lower than us to win, not for us to lose.  I'd rather a lower pick, than having a team as bad as the cardinals are.  Just the way my fandom works. 

I kept reading this so incorrectly due to your spelling lol. Now i get it.

Schwarzwald likes this

3 hours ago, PokerSteve said:

Yep and a lot of SO CALLED fans prefer meaningless wins and crappy draft picks. Guess it's a matter of perspective, facing reality, etc.

I'm sorry, but the whole point of sports is to win games.

And you dont know if the draft pick is crappy till you see them play for a year or more.

11=team and Schwarzwald like this

27 minutes ago, UnrealfalcoN said:

And you dont know if the draft pick is crappy till you see them play for a year or more.

Yes, at the most elementary level, you want to win each game. On a deeper level, at some rare times it's actually more beneficial to lose. But nobody in TATF can win a game or tank one. This on-going snarky trolling of people who would just as soon have a better draft pick than win two or three meaningless games is grade-school infantile.

Also you don't necessarily have to wait a year before you know what you've got in a draft pick. Often higher draft picks make an impact that first year. Are all top picks winners? No, but I'd much rather take my chances on a high pick than a low one.

3 hours ago, UnrealfalcoN said:

People have negativity because the Falcons tend to lose the ones that matter and win the ones that don’t.

This staff has shown their teams can’t hold onto a lead and cant Handle adversity.

People are frustrated watching this underachieve.

I know I’m frustrated that the team hasn’t been able to find a decent pass rush in a decade.

Last off season the Falcons still had a huge need for pass rush and they didn’t do anything in FA or the draft.  And please spare me the They didn’t know Takk and Beasley wouldn’t be pro bowlers this year.  The point was they needed more pass rushers but decided to go skill positions 

4 hours ago, nolove4thecrook said:

I've seen it all fire everyone fire Quinn it's a dumpster fire guy the team bla bla bla. I have to take the time out to support the coaching staff and the team because unlike the popular opinion that the team shouldve tanked I see them playing with fire. These flames will be carried on to next year I dont care if we pick in the teens what I wanted to see was the resiliency that Quinn constantly preaches. We might be down fellas but were not out. Quinn is a helluva coach and we have a helluva team that I've seen fight like dogs last two weeks. If you dont cosign that find another team. #riseup 

If this team was already perfect, it would have a 16-0 record.

It obviously has to make improvements to return to at least its 2016 levels.  Quinn is a central point for where those improvements can come.

Quinn has had some success with identifying talent, developing talent, and maintaining good relations with players, coaches and owners.  However, Quinn's game management skills have been drawing criticism not only from this board but plenty of more recognized experts in the world.  He really deserves to be blamed largely for the Falcons blowing a large Superbowl lead as well as several games where we have lost in the last minutes over the years and our lack of comeback wins during his time here.

Another major Quinn fault that is rather clear is his poor ability in choosing coaches under him.  The decline in production from the offense can be largely pointed to an inexperienced OC named Sarkisian who shows poor ability to adjust to varying opponent defenses and also failure to maximize all of his available talent.  Quinn has already relieved one DC early in his time here and his current one named Manuel has had injuries hit his defense this year but still has also allowed non-injured players to actually regress also.  Finally, other coaches like ST Coach Armstrong have perhaps not been very good either.

Quinn is not a total failure as he did get this team to the Superbowl and will still have a winning record overall in his time as Falcon HC.  He also probably has already persuaded his boss (Blank) to give him at least one more year no matter what.  However, if he does not make improvements in coaching and players this offseason that improve the team performance in 2019, he is likely gone after next year (or during 2019 if we really decline more?).

Malachore and PokerSteve like this

6 hours ago, nolove4thecrook said:

Yeah we cosigned alright......until we get back to the Superbowl and win it this time, we will forever be remembered as the team that blew a lead of 28-3 in Superbowl history.  Think about it, draft picks, changing coaches, coordinators won't matter until we re-write history.  

2 hours ago, PokerSteve said:

Yes, at the most elementary level, you want to win each game. On a deeper level, at some rare times it's actually more beneficial to lose. But nobody in TATF can win a game or tank one. This on-going snarky trolling of people who would just as soon have a better draft pick than win two or three meaningless games is grade-school infantile.

Also you don't necessarily have to wait a year before you know what you've got in a draft pick. Often higher draft picks make an impact that first year. Are all top picks winners? No, but I'd much rather take my chances on a high pick than a low one.

Of all the tankers I'm shocked most by you bro. Were you hoping we lost to that Pantie team today? Hopefully not. All wins are good. Even when you're 0-15. Losing is never good. We have plenty seats on the Anti-Tank Train. Come aboard bro. We can still get one more win. Join the Brotherhood. Don't worry, there will be good players on the board when we draft. In every round. Dimi just needs to find em. Never tank. Tanker life sucks. Celebrate the win.

7 hours ago, nolove4thecrook said:

Yes hopefully with a new  QB

3 minutes ago, esmithidoc said:

We won.  I’m happy. I doubt Panthers and Bucs are celebrating their improved draft status tonight. There are no meaningless wins; just wins. I’m actually really proud of the team for their performance the last couple of games.

It's a lose-lose situation. 

I spent allot of time this weekend looking at the massive SB related construction going on in and around Centennial Park. It’s such an effort the park was not even decorated for Christmas this year as usual.  Couldn’t help but think about the impact if that August 2018 Sports Illustrated article favoring the Falcons to win SB53 became real…. imagine the adverse economic impact for a host city to have their own team play in the SB?  Maybe this is my own subconscious defenses employing a sour grapes remedy for this year but I  believe our team is as good as the last 2 “W”s indicate; this was a necessary organizational step toward improvement; and it all worked out for the best in the long run as SI was just one year early.  Keep the faith!

2 hours ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

People have negativity because the Falcons tend to lose the ones that matter and win the ones that don’t.

This staff has shown their teams can’t hold onto a lead and cant Handle adversity.

People are frustrated watching this underachieve.

I know I’m frustrated that the team hasn’t been able to find a decent pass rush in a decade.

Last off season the Falcons still had a huge need for pass rush and they didn’t do anything in FA or the draft.  And please spare me the They didn’t know Takk and Beasley wouldn’t be pro bowlers this year.  The point was they needed more pass rushers but decided to go skill positions 

So, do the fans that are negative and hope that we lose think that the team will magically start drafting the players they want?

The sooner you accept that team decisions are out of your control, the better it is for your sanity.

SeahawkFan80 likes this

15 hours ago, nolove4thecrook said:

The sad thing is, why did we not have that "fire" all season long?  Why did we have games where even some of the players said they weren't ready, took the other team too lightly, etc.?  

If the "fire" now is because of the coaching staff, then the lack of it when it truly mattered, is on them too!

Edited by Boise Falcon Fan
Used the wrong to

10 hours ago, PokerSteve said:

^^^^^This

PokerSteve likes this

I honestly believe all the "let's beat up on the teams that are tanking" and lose draft positions fans are scared to death if we have a top 5 pick we may be tempted to draft a qb.. This will then put Matt Ryan on notice and all the Ryan homers heads would explode.. So best option for us is win against these teams already tanking (which is really like beating up the slow kid on the play ground and bragging about it) so we'll lose draft positions and not be tempted to draft Ryan's replacement. Cats out the bag, ya'll can start being real now 

I also must say, that I was on the tanking train, but I have still watched the games and rooted for us to win.  I've enjoyed the wins, but I wished the games would have mattered for this year, and not just for preparing for next.

PokerSteve likes this

4 minutes ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

The sad thing is, why did we not have that "fire" all season long?  Why did we have games where even some of the players said they weren't ready, took the other team to lightly, etc.?  

If the "fire" now is because of the coaching staff, then the lack of it when it truly mattered, is on them too!

Fire isn't there, if we played a playoff team yesterday they would have ate us up.. Winning against the Panthers yesterday and bragging about it is like beating your wife and bragging about it.. People may agree she deserved it, but they are really thinking "why you do it" 

PokerSteve likes this