Dutty Ole Bird

Now that we ruined our future

114 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, osiruz said:

Winning at the tail end of a losing season against teams trying to tank is like taking a hot chick home from the club and finding out it's a dude.

Winning is important regardless player coaches and a lot in this organisation are auditioning to either keep or find new jobs.So thie idea that in your eyes teams are tanking and us winning isn’t important is a fallacy.

When you play in a league where your job security is under scrutiny because of your record and is based around team performance you best believe winning is important,situation regardless.

1 hour ago, osiruz said:

Winning at the tail end of a losing season against teams trying to tank is like taking a hot chick home from the club and finding out it's a dude.

You try going into the locker room and tell a bunch of guys who are trying to get better contracts, more playing time, or x amount of catches/yards/etc to hit a bonus they have in their contract to not try to win, so that the team can draft a guy to take their spot on the field and tell me how it goes. 

HouseofEuphoria and kiwifalcon like this

5 minutes ago, TheHeartless said:

You try going into the locker room and tell a bunch of guys who are trying to get better contracts, more playing time, or x amount of catches/yards/etc to hit a bonus they have in their contract to not try to win, so that the team can draft a guy to take their spot on the field and tell me how it goes. 

Obviously that's not what would optimally happen. Those guys have blown all season so I would play the younger talent at RB, OL, and DL.

Stray Dog THA GAWD likes this

55 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

But that’s the whole thing it doesn’t matter too much where we are picking.When are the ones complaining about that going to realise that.We have options a plenty this off season.

Big desicions will be made,fans pretending to think draft position is the be all and end all.I got a word for those...

Clueless.

And I certainly agree with you that draft position isn't the be all and end all, but some fans might. Other fans may think that a higher draft position gives the potential to better the team. We're all fans with a multitude of beliefs. Personally, I would never want the team to play to lose. If they happened to lose the last three and positioned higher in the draft, I wouldn't have minded that either. To me, reason stands that a higher pick certainly gives the potential for betterment over a lower position. But hey, they're playing hard and winning, that's fine...it is what it is.

Edited by gp_74
Bigbenright and kiwifalcon like this

3 hours ago, osiruz said:

Obviously that's not what would optimally happen. Those guys have blown all season so I would play the younger talent at RB, OL, and DL.

But we did play the young talent

4 hours ago, jdawg4876 said:

Ty proved to be the better right tackle he proved that last year in 3 games as well

he has played pretty well since being a starter.

IMO he has played well enough to warrant bringing him back on a reasonable contract to be the vet to challenge for a starting spot.

He by no means is the answer,,,but he has shown not to be a liability

On 12/23/2018 at 7:58 PM, MD-FalconFan13 said:

I know we need DLine help, but if Devin White falls in our lap we could have a top 3 LB core next year..

Love the idea of White depending on what DL are left on the table .

Bigbenright likes this

7 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

We did. We played BHill, Sombrero, Senat, Gage and Oliver, and won. Tanker.

Also the backup QB, forgot his name, and backup center. Go all out with the youth movement and dont just put them on limited snaps.

The saints need to lose out. If they win any games in this playoffs, they will lose their chance on a better draft position!!! You know what to do Sean Payton, you don't want the dreaded 32nd pick where good draft picks are just a myth :lol::lol:

FalconFanSince1970 likes this

We need to improve our roster thru the draft, thru trades, and thru free agency. The current roster with the injuries has played well at times, especially against bad teams. They lost some really close games against some really good teams. We will be a 7-9 team with no wins against a team that ends the season with a winning record. Washington will be 8-8 or 7-9. We will beat the Bucs. We are better than the really bad teams. If momentum helps us be better next year that is great. The key to being better will be improving the roster as well as coaching. The current roster with the injuries and this coaching staff would unlikely beat any current playoff team from what I have seen. A good number of players on the current roster will be gone and may not even play in the NFL next year.  I hope we draft well no matter where we pick. We all want our team to be better.