Osiruz

Now that we ruined our future

114 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, LookAboutFalcon said:

After we beat the bucs we won't be

Highest draft position is 16, probably 12-15. Players drafted in that range last few years: Clady, Orakpo, Ma Pouncey, E Thomas, Kerrigan, Mi Pouncey, Fletcher Cox, Mosley, Martin, Aaron Donald , Beckham.

If Falcons can draft a Fletcher Cox or an Aaron Donald mid first round, I'd be really happy myself.

4 hours ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

We're winning against teams trying to lose. It's nothing to brag about 

Lol you’ve missed the point I’m a fan whose happy his team is winning.Your a guy whose pretending to be a fan because the season hasn’t gone the way you want it to go.

Draft picks who celebrates or wants his team lose because of a spot in the draft and then pretends talent can’t be found outside of the top 10 picks.

please.

4 hours ago, Vandy said:

What’s this ‘we’ crap? If you hope for team to lose, there’s no we. 

Only pretender falcon fans whine after a win. 

Lol Vandy when he went WE and winning this guy just threw himself under the bus with that agenda.

Vandy likes this

3 hours ago, youngbloodz said:

When you're on the wrong side of momentum it seems like nothing can go right for you during the game

The thanksgiving game is a great example of this....every time we had The chance to swing momentum back.to us.....we literally fumbled it away

1 hour ago, Falcanuck said:

Devin White or Clelin Ferrell

Ferrell does not jump off the screen. Those Clemson guys won't be game changers IMO. 

Stryka likes this

34 minutes ago, stizz said:

Ferrell does not jump off the screen. Those Clemson guys won't be game changers IMO. 

I disagree. I think he'd be a perfect 4-3 end. Big man with some speed, power and production. I'd prefer several others over him, but if he's there around 12 for us I'd be happy.

Vandy likes this

I do NOT get the love affair w/ Jonah Williams. I'd almost be willing to bet that when it's all said and done, he's not even a day 1 pick.

While Schaeder hasnt been very good, OG has been worse. That's where our focus needs to go. If we can get some dudes in the middle to give Matta  pocket to step into, it'll mask a lot of Schraeders deficiencies.

Seems like only future that is ruined is the OPs... he has to live with his own negativity every single day..

That actually depresses me a bit now that I think about it..

Oh wait.  I'm over it!  Falcons win.  Falcons win.  Screw the Panties!!!

7 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

Lol Vandy when he went WE and winning this guy just threw himself under the bus with that agenda.

He’s not the only one Kiwi, this thread is full of tankers. Our fan base makes me embarrassed to call myself a falcon fan at times. 

9 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

Lol you’ve missed the point I’m a fan whose happy his team is winning.Your a guy whose pretending to be a fan because the season hasn’t gone the way you want it to go.

Draft picks who celebrates or wants his team lose because of a spot in the draft and then pretends talent can’t be found outside of the top 10 picks.

please.

Just quit this "pretending to be a "fan" crap. Just b/c a fan looks at things differently doesn't mean they're not a fan. Some fans want to win a couple games at the end of a piss poor season, and that's fine. Another fan is hoping for a higher draft pick to potentially better the team next year, and that fine too. Jeesh

13 hours ago, Vandy said:

What’s this ‘we’ crap? If you hope for team to lose, there’s no we. 

Only pretender falcon fans whine after a win. 

Only madden fan boys, who drink monsters all day while playing marathon fortnite sessions want to tank. Guess why? They’re losers. Never played sports a day in their life. No one plays competitive sports on any level to lose

Vandy and Stryka like this

14 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Hey, FFS70, guess these boys are too young to remember that the 1998 turn around happened at the end of the 1997 season. Know those tankers were crying about the Falcons going from 1-7 to 7-9 that year too. But it set the stage for what happened in 1998.

Using one example from our history does not make your point 100% correct.  Although it is a valid one, it cannot be totally quantified.  What would have happened if they would have went say, 4 and 12, and were able to draft in the top 5?  Maybe they would have won the Super Bowl.  Maybe they wouldn't.  We'll never know...

PokerSteve likes this

14 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

It takes picking good players in the draft and good coaching to win. Where you pick in the draft doesn't matter. If you think just picking in the top 5 guarantees you a stud player then you need to research NFL history and look at all the top 5 busts in history.

It does matter.  You have a better chance of hitting on a player by drafting higher.  Is it entirely necessary, no, but it would be better to draft higher, because you have more options, trade back and add more picks, higher probability of landing a franchise player, etc.  (See Matt Ryan & Julio Jones)

32 minutes ago, gp_74 said:

Just quit this "pretending to be a "fan" crap. Just b/c a fan looks at things differently doesn't mean they're not a fan. Some fans want to win a couple games at the end of a piss poor season, and that's fine. Another fan is hoping for a higher draft pick to potentially better the team next year, and that fine too. Jeesh

Agree 100%.  Some on here think they're way is the only way.  Personally, I wanted a higher draft pick so that we could get Oliver, but I'm not disappointed we are winning either. I've enjoyed every win, I just wasn't willing to invest anymore hope of them winning.  In other words, I was ready to turn the page to the offseason.  That doesn't make me any less of a fan, and frankly, I could care less if some think it does.  My hopes were just different...

gp_74 likes this

10 hours ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Can't understand losers thinking losing is the key to winning.

Wanting a higher draft pick and believing that is what is needed RIGHT NOW, doesn't make one a loser, but thanks for playing...

Osiruz and PokerSteve like this

1 hour ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

It does matter.  You have a better chance of hitting on a player by drafting higher.  Is it entirely necessary, no, but it would be better to draft higher, because you have more options, trade back and add more picks, higher probability of landing a franchise player, etc.  (See Matt Ryan & Julio Jones)

For every stud you show me in the top ten, I'll show you a bust in the top ten and a stud drafted later in the round. 

I'd also point out that the Saints transformed their team into one of the favorites in the NFL drafting at 7-9 three straight years.

11 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

please.

Winning at the tail end of a losing season against teams trying to tank is like taking a hot chick home from the club and finding out it's a dude.

PokerSteve likes this

3 hours ago, gp_74 said:

But that’s the whole thing it doesn’t matter too much where we are picking.When are the ones complaining about that going to realise that.We have options a plenty this off season.

Big desicions will be made,fans pretending to think draft position is the be all and end all.I got a word for those...

Clueless.