Dutty Ole Bird

Now that we ruined our future

114 posts in this topic

Trade back and pick up multiple dlineman. We won’t get nearly as much as we would have gotten with a lower draft pick but the drop off after the “elite” prospects is considerable. The next tier down of dlineman are still good and there’s minimal dropoff between that tier. We can still get solid players. 

LOL!! Oh my. I have been watching the NFL long enough to know that you can pick 5 on a regular basis and draft bust after bust after bust and you can be 30th on a regular basis and pick stud after stud after stud. Draft position does not determine if you get a stud player or a bust player.

6 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

LOL!! Oh my. I have been watching the NFL long enough to know that you can pick 5 on a regular basis and draft bust after bust after bust and you can be 30th on a regular basis and pick stud after stud after stud. Draft position does not determine if you get a stud player or a bust player.

Yep. See the Cleveland Browns in your 1st example and the New England Patriots in your 2nd example.

14 minutes ago, osiruz said:

Which mediocre non game breaking player do you want?

LMAO. I'm gettin a kick outta watchin yall tanker boys suffer through the momentum. I truly hope we take down the Sucs next week. I absolutely loved the game I saw today and am enjoying it as we speak. Sorry we spoiled your day.

Trust me bro. There will be good players on the board when we pick. In every round. We have five key players coming back from injury, nine draft picks, $25M in cap space, plenty cuts to get to $50M and momentum to carry over to 2019.

Tanking sucks. Embrace the suck. Good luck with the Bucs. 

21 minutes ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

Trade back and pick up multiple dlineman. We won’t get nearly as much as we would have gotten with a lower draft pick but the drop off after the “elite” prospects is considerable. The next tier down of dlineman are still good and there’s minimal dropoff between that tier. We can still get solid players. 

I agree the drop off is very considerable. I want us to trade back or take an OT at this point.

4 minutes ago, osiruz said:

I agree the drop off is very considerable. I want us to trade back or take an OT at this point.

Not sold on Jonah Williams seems like he’ll be a decent pro but I have my reservations. Would rather not spend a top 15 pick on a second tier oline prospect. I also think if we do there’s going to be a lot of people on these boards b@tching and moaning about his size, and how we need “maulers”. Williams is slayer weigh less than 300lbs by the combine. 

ZoneOne01 and Dutty Ole Bird like this

24 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

LMAO. I'm gettin a kick outta watchin yall tanker boys suffer through the momentum. I truly hope we take down the Sucs next week. I absolutely loved the game I saw today and am enjoying it as we speak. Sorry we spoiled your day.

Trust me bro. There will be good players on the board when we pick. In every round. We have five key players coming back from injury, nine draft picks, $25M in cap space, plenty cuts to get to $50M and momentum to carry over to 2019.

Tanking sucks. Embrace the suck. Good luck with the Bucs. 

Not suffering, just observing really next season go up in flames and making up educated guesses. It's you who will be crying and moaning we passed on the top picks and making up funny 3rd grade slogans like: 'Troffed.'

11 minutes ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

Not sold on Jonah Williams seems like he’ll be a decent pro but I have my reservations. Would rather not spend a top 15 pick on a second tier oline prospect. I also think if we do there’s going to be a lot of people on these boards b@tching and moaning about his size, and how we need “maulers”. Williams is slayer weigh less than 300lbs by the combine. 

Yeah outside of Oliver, Bosa, Quinnen, Greedy, and maybe Deonte Thompson the rest of the class is sketchy. To me those are the can't miss picks.

Sidecar Falcon likes this

32 minutes ago, osiruz said:

Yeah outside of Oliver, Bosa, Quinnen, Greedy, and maybe Deonte Thompson the rest of the class is sketchy. To me those are the can't miss picks.

I think Thompson is going to slide in this draft to the late first round/early second round. It’s possible we could trade back pick him up and a a good dlineman. Been singing Thompson’s praises over the past couple of weeks. He’s a true single high free safety. He can be vital to our secondary. Release Alford, and rotate Allen/Kazee at nickel corner. Would also love if we took Devin White. 

Bigbenright and Dutty Ole Bird like this