LookAboutFalcon

Goodbye sweet high draft pick

138 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, gazoo said:

We have wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy too much talent on this this offense to have struggled like this as long as we have. Sure, the loss of the starting OGs without adequate depth started the issue, but Sark couldn’t figure out how to utilize the talent we had to it’s potential.

This.

gazoo likes this

14 hours ago, gazoo said:

Yep. I was very concerned we brought in an OC from college ranks and it turned out to be a legit concern.  Sark was in way over his head, plain and simple. He’d look great one week and get outschemed the next week. 

We have wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy too much talent on this this offense to have struggled like this as long as we have. Sure, the loss of the starting OGs without adequate depth started the issue, but Sark couldn’t figure out how to utilize the talent we had to it’s potential.

Last year in playoffs we looked great against the Rams, then looked absolutely pathetic against the Eagles. No excuse in that Eagles game to look that bad.

Yeap!  I now have mixed emotions also... I think he may have saved his job for another shot,, if that is good or bad,, I guess we'll have to see..  

As far as the Eagles go,, I've learned they are a lot better team than I  give them credit for... Well Coached ... and very good plan with the way they play using High percentage plays.. That is what I'm hoping for our OC to do next year.. Who ever he may be...  

Vandy likes this

17 hours ago, Draftnut57 said:

Im with you man,,, It did seem as thou he's seen the light after todays game.. But I don't knoW ,, but  I do know that TD knows and will get it done... 

Who do you think our coordinators will be next year?

18 hours ago, Statick said:

Did I just hear that Andre Roberts is in the Pro Bowl?

Again, the first coach that should be out on his a** had better be Keith "Let It Bounce" Armstrong.

This should have happened a LONG time ago.  

Vandy and Osiruz like this

17 hours ago, 81KJW said:

No we lose a high draft pick.  We needed that top 5 pick to get a quarterback. 

Although I wanted a high draft pick, this is a HORRIBLE take.  It actually made me laugh though...

17 hours ago, Draftnut57 said:

Nobody loves draft picks more than I do.. But we need to learn how to win first.. That will help us more than drafting about 3 spots lower...  I've been looking at the first round. and trust me,,, The talent is the deepest I've ever seen.. And the talent is as good picking at 20 as it is picking at 10 ,, So no harm done,,  This win will help our team more than drafting 3 or  4 higher. 

Picking 10 or 20 matters only in the first round.  Picking higher at the start of each round can be valuable as well.  For instance, if someone slides out of the 1st round, teams may give up a king's ransom to get that guy at the top of the 2nd.  

Bigbenright likes this

17 hours ago, A Dog Named Brian said:

According to the board goons, TD can’t hit on draft picks anyway.....

So if you have a different opinion, than you are a goon?  Very respectful...

16 hours ago, 1989Fan said:

I love these threads...the show who the fantasy/madden players are vs the people who have played/coached sports.

I love these threads too, because it shows how single-minded some are.  There's more than one way to peel a banana.  Wanting a higher draft pick doesn't make you any less of a fan, and it doesn't mean you never played sports.  (I'm not sure where you got this idea, but you may want to rethink it.)  

Bigbenright likes this

14 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

Tanking is for losers. I can’t help that

I would argue that having a "there is only one way to peel a banana" makes one more of a loser.  There's more than one way to go about building an NFL team, and drafting high is a good strategy, no matter what anyone on these boards tells you.

Bigbenright likes this

14 hours ago, Falcon Man™ said:

So, players being paid hundreds of thousands of dollars should just give up when fans in the stands (even those that don't show up) are paying a lot of money to watch said professional football players play professional football? 

Not to mention the pride of these players and those playing for a contract. 

Or people like myself spending upwards of 400 dollars for the Sunday ticket to watch my team give their all every dam game. 

Just STFU please

A couple of problems with this:

1.  They didn't give their all when things mattered.  (See the Cleveland Game)

2.  What a fan wished for has absolutely no bearing on what the players are thinking or doing.

I wanted the Falcons to get a higher draft pick 100%, but I have watched each game and cheered them onto victory also.  

Osiruz and Bigbenright like this

14 hours ago, tl;dr said:

Which doesn't make sense, because no one has explained how the Patriots have been able to be so successful for all these years. Same thing for the Steelers... have they had a BAD year since 2003? Doesn't feel like it.

All those top 10 picks in the past 10 years are really helping the Pats and Steelers out. 

Comparing us to the Pats or Steelers is laughable...

Bigbenright and Jerz #Quinning like this

14 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

That’s a pure example of poor coaching and not having a qb. 

Now to clarify, in regards to the Falcons,the logic amongst the tank group has been top 10 equals championships. That is not and has not ever been true. 

This is totally over simplifying the situation.  Wanting a top 10 pick doesn't equal championships, but I would argue that adding top 5 talent like an Oliver to work with Grady, Tak, etc., could possibly put us over the top, and I make no apologies for feeling that way!

18 hours ago, LookAboutFalcon said:

...2018 is a lost season and to make it even worse is we lost out on having a top 5 pick.

So, who would you rather have?

Jamaal Anderson at 8 or Aaron Donald at 13?

Bortles at 3 or Beckham Jr at 12?

Justin GIlbert at 8 or Fletcher Cox at 12?

Dee Millner at 9 or Ryan Kerrigan at 16?

Charles Rodgers at 2 or Jason Pierre Paul at 15?

Joey Harrington at 3 or Brian Orakpo at 13

I can go on. And on.  I can find just as many busts in the top ten as you can find studs. I can find as many studs later in the draft as you  can find in the top ten.

3 minutes ago, falconidae said:

Oh, and the Saints transformed themselves into contenders with 3 straight years of drafting with a 7-9 record.

I personally am not hoping for it to take 3 straight years of 7 & 9, but to each his own...

Bigbenright likes this

2 minutes ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

I personally am not hoping for it to take 3 straight years of 7 & 9, but to each his own...

Which, of course, wasn't the point at all. 

So, you want Jamaal Anderson DE or Aaron Donald? 

28 minutes ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

This is totally over simplifying the situation.  Wanting a top 10 pick doesn't equal championships, but I would argue that adding top 5 talent like an Oliver to work with Grady, Tak, etc., could possibly put us over the top, and I make no apologies for feeling that way!

Raiders and Jags have been “adding top 5 talent” for last 10 years, Browns for going on 20 years. 

35 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Raiders and Jags have been “adding top 5 talent” for last 10 years, Browns for going on 20 years. 

That's true, but all the same think most people that are pro tanking understand that coaching matters, even if they don't I do understand, but having high draft pick gives you more choices that's my main case.

50 minutes ago, Zone#7 said:

That's true, but all the same think most people that are pro tanking understand that coaching matters, even if they don't I do understand, but having high draft pick gives you more choices that's my main case.

I agree coaching matters Zone, it’s been my #1 issue with our own team this year. 

Falconsfan567 likes this

Yeah, I'm rarely a fire the coach guy, but Manuel is in "I will pay for your U-Haul" territory. I hate when defenses play on their heels instead of their toes.

14 minutes ago, Vandy said:

I agree coaching matters Zone, it’s been my #1 issue with our own team this year. 

See under someone like Mike Smith haven't a high draft pick probably doesn't mean much, but I still believe in Quinn, and having a Top 10 choice probably changes things. 

Bigbenright likes this

2 hours ago, falconidae said:

So, who would you rather have?

Jamaal Anderson at 8 or Aaron Donald at 13?

Bortles at 3 or Beckham Jr at 12?

Justin GIlbert at 8 or Fletcher Cox at 12?

Dee Millner at 9 or Ryan Kerrigan at 16?

Charles Rodgers at 2 or Jason Pierre Paul at 15?

Joey Harrington at 3 or Brian Orakpo at 13

I can go on. And on.  I can find just as many busts in the top ten as you can find studs. I can find as many studs later in the draft as you  can find in the top ten.

This is a terrible comparison, why are you including QBs to freaking WRS and DEs, teams are gonna draft based off need. If you don't need DBs, you'd take Cox at 8 or whoever else for your D Line. If you need a potential franchise QB you're taking him period if you can.

2 hours ago, Zone#7 said:

See under someone like Mike Smith haven't a high draft pick probably doesn't mean much, but I still believe in Quinn, and having a Top 10 choice probably changes things. 

Under TD/smith falcons drafted Ryan, Julio, Matthews with their 3 Top 10 picks in his 7 years here....under Quinn/TD we drafted Beasley, who is most likely gone this offseason.....just saying....

FalconsIn2020 likes this