LookAboutFalcon

Goodbye sweet high draft pick

138 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

The rams traded the #2 overall pick to the redskins for three 1sts. One of which was Aaron donald. So yes, them picking in the top 5 got them Donald. 

How many Super Bowls have they won? How many winning seasons did they have? I'll hang up and listen.

Geneaut and ya_boi_j like this

5 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

The rams traded the #2 overall pick to the redskins for three 1sts. One of which was Aaron donald. So yes, them picking in the top 5 got them Donald. 

That draft capital kick started their rebuild. 

You do know it’s the change at HC which made biggest difference for Rams than the draft picks. Even with all those first round picks, they were crap. Mcvay retooled the team. Let go some top 1-2 round picks .

Just now, Falconsfan567 said:

How many Super Bowls have they won? How many winning seasons did they have? I'll hang up and listen.

You just used them as an example of not needing top picks to rebuild. Don't move the goalposts. You didn't lump them in with the Browns and jags. 

Bigbenright and Sidecar Falcon like this

2 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

**** they just literally started winning after all those **** years. The Donald mention is so silly. None of their top 10 picks made them instant contenders. People keep mentioning Donald because he’s the best in the league and they have done good THIS year lol

Falconsfan567 likes this

2 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

You just used them as an example of not needing top picks to rebuild. Don't move the goalposts. You didn't lump them in with the Browns and jags. 

LOL!! Oh jeez, I didn't move any goal posts. All you tankers are saying that getting top 5 picks guarantees getting great players and winning. If that's the case then where are all those Super Bowl wins for teams that finished with several top 5 picks in a row?

ya_boi_j likes this

4 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Check out the first post I made on the subject. Look at the 4 teams I mentioned.

47 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I must have missed all those Super Bowl wins by the Browns, Raiders, and Jaguars!! Wow!! How many years in a row did the Rams have a top 5 pick?

5 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

**** they just literally started winning after all those **** years. The Donald mention is so silly. None of their top 10 picks made them instant contenders. People keep mentioning Donald because he’s the best in the league and they have done good THIS year lol

Started winning because of Sean McVay. They had all that talent and Jeff Fisher couldn't do squat with it. Coaching matters so much! I can't count how many times I've said that on here over the years.

ya_boi_j and Drew4719 like this

Started winning because of Sean McVay. They had all that talent and Jeff Fisher couldn't do squat with it. Coaching matters so much! I can't count how many times I've said that on here over the years.

Same thing I’ve said about the Browns all along. But people will be people and believe what they want to believe. Reality matters

1 minute ago, ya_boi_j said:

Same thing I’ve said about the Browns all along. But people will be people and believe what they want to believe. Reality matters

Exactly. Browns would be in the playoffs this year if Hue Jackson hadn't run them into the ground the first several games of the season. The fact that they're currently sitting at 7-7-1 is absolutely amazing. Gregg Williams and Freddie Kitchens have done a remarkable job of turning that train around and if Browns owner Jimmy Haslet was smart he'd hire Williams permanently and keep Kitchens on staff as OC.

Exactly. Browns would be in the playoffs this year if Hue Jackson hadn't run them into the ground the first several games of the season. The fact that they're currently sitting at 7-7-1 is absolutely amazing. Gregg Williams and Freddie Kitchens have done a remarkable job of turning that train around and if Browns owner Jimmy Haslet was smart he'd hire Williams permanently and keep Kitchens on staff as OC.

Arians wants that job and has said he would definitely keep both if he can get it. I hope both stay 

3 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Arians wants that job and has said he would definitely keep both if he can get it. I hope both stay 

I don't know. Arians won with the Cardinals, but it's risky to mess up a good thing.

BTW, I had no idea that Arians was HC at Temple back in the 80s.

ya_boi_j likes this

2 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I don't know. Arians won with the Cardinals, but it's risky to mess up a good thing.

BTW, I had no idea that Arians was HC at Temple back in the 80s.

If he’s planning to keep both in tact then I think he has a chance to be successful unless they keep Williams and he calls the defense himself for a full season. 

2 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

If he’s planning to keep both in tact then I think he has a chance to be successful unless they keep Williams and he calls the defense himself for a full season. 

If he was smart he would just be the CEO and let Kitchens and Williams do their own thing. Keep the train moving. Don't screw it up.

BTW, also noticed that he has a previous relationship with Kitchens. He was OC at Alabama in 1997 when Kitchens was QB there.

If he was smart he would just be the CEO and let Kitchens and Williams do their own thing. Keep the train moving. Don't screw it up.

True. I will say though, Cleveland has to be the hottest opening available 

PokerSteve and Falconsfan567 like this

1 minute ago, ya_boi_j said:

True. I will say though, Cleveland has to be the hottest opening available 

It is, but when all the signs and stars point towards Bruce Arians being the right man for the job given his previous relationship with the Browns organization and Freddie Kitchens, well they would be stupid not to hire him. Last thing you want to do is stunt Baker Mayfield's growth.

ya_boi_j likes this

47 minutes ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

They literally pulled CJ Anderson off the street and he got a 100 yard game. Lol

That’s the WCO of Shannhans and Kubaik. 

8 hours ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Ah **** that, I've enjoyed the last two weeks.  We need new coordinators, ST's coach, and some FAs and picks to fill some needs, this team is not as far off as some think and we're still going to pick between 10-15 where some good talent is. 

I've been hearing that for about 10 years now.  Maybe it the QB.

It doesn't do any good to cry about your team winning "meaningless" games. 

#1 The Patriots don't need top 5 picks to be super bowl contender every year. 

#2 The Browns, Bills, Raiders and Jaguars are a few great examples of teams that have top 5 picks seemingly every year. Yet they all suck every year. 

Instead of complaining about something you have no control over. How about you just have a little faith that no matter where the Falcons pick they will get it right? 

8 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

I got something interesting for you and everyone who thinks you HAVE to draft in the top 10 to find a gem. 12 of the top 20 sack leaders this season were drafted outside of the top 10 with 1 being undrafted. That alone is proof that you don’t NEED to draft in the top 10 to find a gem. Think about that. 12 out of 20. I know that will be completely dismissed but it is what it is.

Anyone who thinks drafting early in the 1st round is essential needs to read a renowned study called “The Losers Curse.”  It’s been updated to reflect the most recent CBA.  Bottom line, most good teams build their foundation in day 2 of the draft.

http://www.advancedfootballanalytics.com/index.php/home/research/draft/242-the-value-of-each-draft-pick-a-re-examination-of-massey-thaler-surplus-value-under-the-new-cba

falconidae and ya_boi_j like this

8 hours ago, falcons007 said:

That’s the WCO of Shannhans and Kubaik. 

Eh partially. They run a ZBS but the main reason is their offensive lineman are good.