LookAboutFalcon

Goodbye sweet high draft pick

138 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

Im not against having a top 10 pick but it's not for a certain player it's more so to have the value to trade down in each round if we choose to at all.  It's not a end all be all if we don't get it as with as much research and mock drafting i do every year theirs tons of players i miss on that turn out much better than players who i thought would be the best in their class who turns out to be busts.   You can look back the last 3 to 5 years and i personally had in my own mock drafts   Beasley, Takk, Debo, and Neal as my final picks in my mock drafts.  Although Debo and Neal i had to us in rounds 2 for neal and 3 for debo :P  But still i had them picked none the less and they ended up even better than i thought they would.   I'll also be the 1st person to say i was 100000% completely wrong on Matt Ryan i hated him as a prospect coming out and wanted nothing to do with him at QB.   Turns out he is a hall of fame talent and easily the best QB of his draft class and one of the best of his generation.  You hit on some and you fail on others you just gotta get lucky sometimes in each draft.

I got something interesting for you and everyone who thinks you HAVE to draft in the top 10 to find a gem. 12 of the top 20 sack leaders this season were drafted outside of the top 10 with 1 being undrafted. That alone is proof that you don’t NEED to draft in the top 10 to find a gem. Think about that. 12 out of 20. I know that will be completely dismissed but it is what it is.

3 minutes ago, Stray Dog THA GAWD said:

Goodbye winning a Superbowl, ever.

How many top 10 picks do the Falcons currently have on roster? With that many you’d think they would have won one by now. Spare me the coaching excuse. Clearly the logic around here is top 10 equals championships 

8 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

I got something interesting for you and everyone who thinks you HAVE to draft in the top 10 to find a gem. 12 of the top 20 sack leaders this season were drafted outside of the top 10 with 1 being undrafted. That alone is proof that you don’t NEED to draft in the top 10 to find a gem. Think about that. 12 out of 20. I know that will be completely dismissed but it is what it is.

Oh i already know this it's exactly why i think a top 10 pick is not needed or a must.  You have just as many if not more pro bowl quality players outside of the top 10 in the 1st round as you do inside of it most years.  I also go on to say another benefit of picking outside the top 10 is you save a bit on cap space as well over the years to sign some vet players to help out.  Which with the right vet players they can even make a much more immediate impact than the rookies people are screaming about.

Just now, ya_boi_j said:

How many top 10 picks do the Falcons currently have on roster? With that many you’d think they would have won one by now. Spare me the coaching excuse. Clearly the logic around here is top 10 equals championships 

Which doesn't make sense, because no one has explained how the Patriots have been able to be so successful for all these years. Same thing for the Steelers... have they had a BAD year since 2003? Doesn't feel like it.

All those top 10 picks in the past 10 years are really helping the Pats and Steelers out. 

1 minute ago, tl;dr said:

Which doesn't make sense, because no one has explained how the Patriots have been able to be so successful for all these years. Same thing for the Steelers... have they had a BAD year since 2003? Doesn't feel like it.

All those top 10 picks in the past 10 years are really helping the Pats and Steelers out. 

Coaching for $200 Alex. I honestly have no idea what the real motive behind this dumb *** tank **** is. I’m assuming people just liked the idea of having a top 10 pick but fail to realize it doesn’t mean anything. Like dude mentioned Aaron Donald, it took the Rams how long after drafting him to start winning lol. Like come on man. The tankers most likely haven’t even thought about a ton of ****. Just want a top 10 pick

tl;dr, Drew4719 and Falconsfan567 like this

6 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

Oh i already know this it's exactly why i think a top 10 pick is not needed or a must.  You have just as many if not more pro bowl quality players outside of the top 10 in the 1st round as you do inside of it most years. 

Ima be honest. I didn’t read your last post. I just assumed.  But you’re correct here

Falconsfan567 likes this

3 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

Tanking is for pure losers. No sympathy for losers

Well guess we're all losers especially when people want players like a Khalil Mack or Julio Jones remember we had to trade up to get Julio.

<_<

Boise Falcon Fan likes this

1 minute ago, Zone#7 said:

Well guess we're all losers especially when people want players like a Khalil Mack or Julio Jones remember we had to trade up to get Julio.

<_<

Keep reading

17 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Browns be like....what?

2 minutes ago, Jesus said:

Browns be like....what?

That’s a pure example of poor coaching and not having a qb. 

Now to clarify, in regards to the Falcons,the logic amongst the tank group has been top 10 equals championships. That is not and has not ever been true. 

3 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

And here's the basic mentality of a tanker. Tank on bro. I'm smokin a cigar and celebrating. Great day!

Did you not like that? We dropped them Panties. Complete game. Did you really wanna roll over for them?

Felt pretty **** good to end the Panthers season in their own house!! 7 straight losses for them now!! They got issues!!

8 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

That’s a pure example of poor coaching and not having a qb. 

Now to clarify, in regards to the Falcons,the logic amongst the tank group has been top 10 equals championships. That is not and has not ever been true. 

Looks like they found a coach.

ya_boi_j likes this

Just now, Jesus said:

Looks like they found a coach.

Who I hope they keep on the roster next season or at least give an opportunity to be the full time HC

Jesus likes this

4 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

4 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Felt pretty **** good to end the Panthers season in their own house!! 7 straight losses for them now!! They got issues!!

Last time the Falcons beat the Panthers in week 16 the following year they went to the Super Bowl.

Drew4719 and Falconsfan567 like this

34 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

I must have missed all those Super Bowl wins by the Browns, Raiders, and Jaguars!! Wow!! How many years in a row did the Rams have a top 5 pick?

Falcons_Frenzy likes this

22 minutes ago, Zone#7 said:

<_<

How about guys like OBJ, or Donald? 

Edited by tl;dr

2 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I must have missed all those Super Bowl wins by the Browns, Raiders, and Jaguars!! Wow!! How many years in a row did the Rams have a top 5 pick?

It's really funny when you look at how many times those 3 teams have just flat out whiffed on their first round pick. Lots of guys like Derrick Harvey, Trent Richardson, and Jamarcus Russell. 

Falconsfan567 and Drew4719 like this

4 hours ago, Falcon Man™ said:

You get it. 

Multiple idiots don't. 

Sounds like you don't get it.  In theory, the higher draft pick you have, the better off you will be as a team.  Point blank, injuries screwed this team up.  So this team has the talent to be one of the better ones (although we still have holes to fix) in the league, so why not take advantage of this situation and try and get a top pick to get a difference maker, which will benefit us more so in the long term than winning two meaningless games that drops us to the middle of the pack?  I think getting a top 5/6 draft pick is more beneficial to the team than getting 2 meaningless wins to finish the season that can move you down 10 picks or so lower in the draft.  Granted, I don't think that there was much we could have done to lose this game today, especially with Cam out but a top 5 pick in the draft would benefit this team much more so than winning the last 2 games of the season to finish 'skrong'. 

Jerz #Quinning likes this

4 minutes ago, dawgsjw said:

Sounds like you don't get it.  In theory, the higher draft pick you have, the better off you will be as a team.  Point blank, injuries screwed this team up.  So this team has the talent to be one of the better ones (although we still have holes to fix) in the league, so why not take advantage of this situation and try and get a top pick to get a difference maker, which will benefit us more so in the long term than winning two meaningless games that drops us to the middle of the pack?  I think getting a top 5/6 draft pick is more beneficial to the team than getting 2 meaningless wins to finish the season that can move you down 10 picks or so lower in the draft.  Granted, I don't think that there was much we could have done to lose this game today, especially with Cam out but a top 5 pick in the draft would benefit this team much more so than winning the last 2 games of the season to finish 'skrong'. 

Browns, Raiders, Jaguars, and Rams would like a word with you. Or does that not count because it doesn't fit your narrative that a top 5 pick equals great player?

4 minutes ago, dawgsjw said:

Sounds like you don't get it.  In theory, the higher draft pick you have, the better off you will be as a team

Key word: theory 

4 hours ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

I just can't defend Sark or Manuel

Beat the Sucs next week and both probably stay. This 7-9 finish could do much more damage than just screw up some draft picks.

Bigbenright likes this

Won 3 straight against the Panthers and 6-1 last 7 games.  I will take that instead of a couple spots higher in draft order.  Falcons also won 4 straight against the Bucs so let make it 5 in a row next week.

Drew4719 and Falconsfan567 like this

40 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

The rams traded the #2 overall pick to the redskins for three 1sts. One of which was Aaron donald. So yes, them picking in the top 5 got them Donald. 

That draft capital kick started their rebuild. 

Edited by FalconFanSince1969