LookAboutFalcon

Goodbye sweet high draft pick

138 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, LookAboutFalcon said:

Winning 2 and possibly 3 against the bucs next week, meaningless games.  Squandered away  getting a true high end game changing talent being in the top 5 of the draft.  Well that is no longer the case.

 

And to the crowd saying this is great momentum going in to next season.  What a load of horse crap, I roll my eyes every time I see this.  What happened to our momentum from last year making the playoffs?  Exactly, even if having momentum going into next season argument was true, It wouldn't matter for this team, a lot of changes are going to happen heading into next season.  2 new coordinators, at least 2 new offensive line men.  New defensive linemen.

 

No one is going to look back on he 2018 season and be like "Yeah 2018 was a bad season, but you remember those 3 games we won at the end?  Good times!"

 

2018 is a lost season and to make it even worse is we lost out on having a top 5 pick.

And here's the basic mentality of a tanker. Tank on bro. I'm smokin a cigar and celebrating. Great day!

Did you not like that? We dropped them Panties. Complete game. Did you really wanna roll over for them?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, WhenFalconsWin said:

I just can't defend Sark or Manuel

Im with you man,,, It did seem as thou he's seen the light after todays game.. But I don't knoW ,, but  I do know that TD knows and will get it done... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

And here's the basic mentality of a tanker. Tank on bro. I'm smokin a cigar and celebrating. Great day!

Did you not like that? We dropped them Panties. Complete game. Did you really wanna roll over for them?

+1...it’s bad enough to want to lose, but then to want to lose to a division rival....friggin sad man!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LookAboutFalcon said:

And to the crowd saying this is great momentum going in to next season.  What a load of horse crap, I roll my eyes every time I see this. 

Some of funniest shiz I heard on here. You gotta be delusional to believe this.

Edited by Jerz #DukeSZN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

Well ,, I do happen to think our OC has lost this season for us.. it was very evident to me that was the problem.. I think it finnially dawned on him ,, thus the dramatic change today... and thus the win.. I now have mixed feelings about it,, if he has learned to keep the running game and plays like today,, I'm fine.. But if he don't change he dose need to be fired. IMO

Yep. I was very concerned we brought in an OC from college ranks and it turned out to be a legit concern.  Sark was in way over his head, plain and simple. He’d look great one week and get outschemed the next week. 

We have wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy too much talent on this this offense to have struggled like this as long as we have. Sure, the loss of the starting OGs without adequate depth started the issue, but Sark couldn’t figure out how to utilize the talent we had to it’s potential.

Last year in playoffs we looked great against the Rams, then looked absolutely pathetic against the Eagles. No excuse in that Eagles game to look that bad.

 

 

Tim Mazetti and Draftnut57 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, tl;dr said:

We beat the Panthers for the 6th time and 7 games and 5th time in the past 3 seasons. I love it.

Not every all-pro player has been drafted in the top 5 or 10 though. 

And many bust in the top 5-10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Falcon Man™ said:

You get it. 

Multiple idiots don't. 

 

2 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

Tanking is for pure losers. No sympathy for losers

 

2 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

And here's the basic mentality of a tanker. Tank on bro. I'm smokin a cigar and celebrating. Great day!

Did you not like that? We dropped them Panties. Complete game. Did you really wanna roll over for them?

This quotes right are are what I call the classic, mocho dude bro mentality "HUR DURRRR, we got a win bro, what are you a *****, I'm a winner"

 

This type of thinking get's you no where in life.  Yeah a win is nice but it's just a short term gain vs long term generational talent we could potentially be missing out on.  

 

Like Matt Ryan?  We took him 3rd over all. Julio?  had to trade in the top 10. We missed out on Khalil Mack by 3 draft spots.

 

So you smoke those cigars, and enjoy these meaningless wins, but when draft time comes around and you want X player, just remember these wins. 

 

Also let's talk about this win against the panthers. Context, no Cam Newton, so the win is really not that great. More context, their back QB was playing with 1 arm.  More context, the panthers have 1 of the worst offensive lines in the league.  More context, this ain't the dominate panthers defense we use to know. " BUT BUT BUT, A WIN IS A WIN BRO!"  Ok you enjoy that meaningless win against a Cam less panther squad, and O so tell me how it's going to propel to newer heights us for next season.

 

I don't want to be sitting in the teens missing out on great players because we beat the Cards, one of the worst teams in the league.  The panthers who didn't have Cam and played a no name backup who only had 1 arm available to him.  And a bucs squad that is a complete dumpster fire and will clean house across the board in the off season.

 

vitaman and ZoneOne01 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, LookAboutFalcon said:

 

 

This quotes right are are what I call the classic, mocho dude bro mentality "HUR DURRRR, we got a win bro, what are you a *****, I'm a winner"

 

This type of thinking get's you no where in life.  Yeah a win is nice but it's just a short term gain vs long term generational talent we could potentially be missing out on.  

 

Like Matt Ryan?  We took him 3rd over all. Julio?  had to trade in the top 10. We missed out on Khalil Mack by 3 draft spots.

 

So you smoke those cigars, and enjoy these meaningless wins, but when draft time comes around and you want X player, just remember these wins. 

 

Also let's talk about this win against the panthers. Context, no Cam Newton, so the win is really not that great. More context, their back QB was playing with 1 arm.  More context, the panthers have 1 of the worst offensive lines in the league.  More context, this ain't the dominate panthers defense we use to know. " BUT BUT BUT, A WIN IS A WIN BRO!"  Ok you enjoy that meaningless win against a Cam less panther squad, and O so tell me how it's going to propel to newer heights us for next season.

 

I don't want to be sitting in the teens missing out on great players because we beat the Cards, one of the worst teams in the league.  The panthers who didn't have Cam and played a no name backup who only had 1 arm available to him.  And a bucs squad that is a complete dumpster fire and will clean house across the board in the off season.

 

Tanking is for losers. I can’t help that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Tanking is for losers. I can’t help that

It saddens me that you can't draft a generational talent outside of the top 10.  That must mean Aaron Donald at pick 13 and J.J. Watt at pick 11  must not have been generational talents or even close to the best D-line talents of the last decade.  I wonder who drafted in the top 5 he thinks are much better than those guys if you can't get players like them outside of the 10th pick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

It saddens me that you can't draft a generational talent outside of the top 10.  That must mean Aaron Donald at pick 13 and J.J. Watt at pick 11  must not have been generational talents or even close to the best D-line talents of the last decade.  I wonder who drafted in the top 5 he thinks are much better than those guys if you can't get players like them outside of the 10th pick.

With a good bit of the top performers in the NFL today not being top 10 talent, these posts complaining about not getting a top 10 makes absolutely zero sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, LookAboutFalcon said:

 

 

This quotes right are are what I call the classic, mocho dude bro mentality "HUR DURRRR, we got a win bro, what are you a *****, I'm a winner"

 

This type of thinking get's you no where in life.  Yeah a win is nice but it's just a short term gain vs long term generational talent we could potentially be missing out on.  

 

Like Matt Ryan?  We took him 3rd over all. Julio?  had to trade in the top 10. We missed out on Khalil Mack by 3 draft spots.

 

So you smoke those cigars, and enjoy these meaningless wins, but when draft time comes around and you want X player, just remember these wins. 

 

Also let's talk about this win against the panthers. Context, no Cam Newton, so the win is really not that great. More context, their back QB was playing with 1 arm.  More context, the panthers have 1 of the worst offensive lines in the league.  More context, this ain't the dominate panthers defense we use to know. " BUT BUT BUT, A WIN IS A WIN BRO!"  Ok you enjoy that meaningless win against a Cam less panther squad, and O so tell me how it's going to propel to newer heights us for next season.

 

I don't want to be sitting in the teens missing out on great players because we beat the Cards, one of the worst teams in the league.  The panthers who didn't have Cam and played a no name backup who only had 1 arm available to him.  And a bucs squad that is a complete dumpster fire and will clean house across the board in the off season.

 

You should be ashamed to call yourself a Falcons fan. 

 

 

 

If you even are one. 

Falconsfan567 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, LookAboutFalcon said:

 

 

This quotes right are are what I call the classic, mocho dude bro mentality "HUR DURRRR, we got a win bro, what are you a *****, I'm a winner"

 

This type of thinking get's you no where in life.  Yeah a win is nice but it's just a short term gain vs long term generational talent we could potentially be missing out on.  

 

Like Matt Ryan?  We took him 3rd over all. Julio?  had to trade in the top 10. We missed out on Khalil Mack by 3 draft spots.

 

So you smoke those cigars, and enjoy these meaningless wins, but when draft time comes around and you want X player, just remember these wins. 

 

Also let's talk about this win against the panthers. Context, no Cam Newton, so the win is really not that great. More context, their back QB was playing with 1 arm.  More context, the panthers have 1 of the worst offensive lines in the league.  More context, this ain't the dominate panthers defense we use to know. " BUT BUT BUT, A WIN IS A WIN BRO!"  Ok you enjoy that meaningless win against a Cam less panther squad, and O so tell me how it's going to propel to newer heights us for next season.

 

I don't want to be sitting in the teens missing out on great players because we beat the Cards, one of the worst teams in the league.  The panthers who didn't have Cam and played a no name backup who only had 1 arm available to him.  And a bucs squad that is a complete dumpster fire and will clean house across the board in the off season.

 

More context. You're a tanker. A loser. Screw you and anyone else on this planet that ever wants the Atlanta Football Falcons to lose a football game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ya_boi_j said:

With a good bit of the top performers in the NFL today not being top 10 talent, these posts complaining about not getting a top 10 makes absolutely zero sense.

Im not against having a top 10 pick but it's not for a certain player it's more so to have the value to trade down in each round if we choose to at all.  It's not a end all be all if we don't get it as with as much research and mock drafting i do every year theirs tons of players i miss on that turn out much better than players who i thought would be the best in their class who turns out to be busts.   You can look back the last 3 to 5 years and i personally had in my own mock drafts   Beasley, Takk, Debo, and Neal as my final picks in my mock drafts.  Although Debo and Neal i had to us in rounds 2 for neal and 3 for debo :P  But still i had them picked none the less and they ended up even better than i thought they would.   I'll also be the 1st person to say i was 100000% completely wrong on Matt Ryan i hated him as a prospect coming out and wanted nothing to do with him at QB.   Turns out he is a hall of fame talent and easily the best QB of his draft class and one of the best of his generation.  You hit on some and you fail on others you just gotta get lucky sometimes in each draft.

Jerz #DukeSZN likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, LookAboutFalcon said:

They had 1% chance heading into today, and it's not like we knocked out a goliath team. Settle down

So, players being paid hundreds of thousands of dollars should just give up when fans in the stands (even those that don't show up) are paying a lot of money to watch said professional football players play professional football? 

Not to mention the pride of these players and those playing for a contract. 

Or people like myself spending upwards of 400 dollars for the Sunday ticket to watch my team give their all every dam game. 

Just STFU please

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now