LookAboutFalcon

Goodbye sweet high draft pick

138 posts in this topic

Winning 2 and possibly 3 against the bucs next week, meaningless games.  Squandered away  getting a true high end game changing talent being in the top 5 of the draft.  Well that is no longer the case.

And to the crowd saying this is great momentum going in to next season.  What a load of horse crap, I roll my eyes every time I see this.  What happened to our momentum from last year making the playoffs?  Exactly, even if having momentum going into next season argument was true, It wouldn't matter for this team, a lot of changes are going to happen heading into next season.  2 new coordinators, at least 2 new offensive line men.  New defensive linemen.

No one is going to look back on he 2018 season and be like "Yeah 2018 was a bad season, but you remember those 3 games we won at the end?  Good times!"

2018 is a lost season and to make it even worse is we lost out on having a top 5 pick.

I think the whole momentum thing is overstated.

Ive seen plenty of Falcons teams win games at the end of the season and still stink the next season.

Conversely I’ve only seen the Falcons ride momentum at the end of one season to do something significant in the next twice.

in other words these are like preseason wins.  They’re nice but have no meaning next year since it will be a different team.

We beat the Panthers for the 6th time and 7 games and 5th time in the past 3 seasons. I love it.

Not every all-pro player has been drafted in the top 5 or 10 though. 

GreggT likes this

See this is something i don't really understand as the nfl is alot different than something like the nba.  The talent level from say the 5th pick to the 15th pick is almost no different in the nfl and most teams won't even take the more talented player.  They will take the player that best fit's their scheme and could be more of a need mainly because they are so close in talent it doesn't matter.   The only real reason to purposely tank is if you need a QB and have to take one in the top 5 as every other position you will have alot of talent available to choose from and even then just because you personally like a guy in the top 5 alot of other people might not think he is worthy of a top 15 pick and don't like him as much as you do and he might not even fit the scheme you use at all int he 1st place.  

I will say the only benefit i see in picking that high is to have a better chance at taking someone you like more than the rest or for trade down value.  Even then if you like him more than the rest it doesn't mean he is a better player or prospect than someone that you can get 4 to 5 picks later.  We realistically had no chance at a top 3 pick this year with how bad the raiders, 49ers, and Arizona are and to me those are the only 3 picks worth tanking for if you have a chance because the value for those 3 picks are astronomical compared to 4 and on in trade value.

30 minutes ago, octoslash said:

Go whine somewhere else.  I'm a Falcon fan and the Falcons won.

Bite me. 

No we lose a high draft pick.  We needed that top 5 pick to get a quarterback. 

43 minutes ago, LookAboutFalcon said:

Winning 2 and possibly 3 against the bucs next week, meaningless games.  Squandered away  getting a true high end game changing talent being in the top 5 of the draft.  Well that is no longer the case.

And to the crowd saying this is great momentum going in to next season.  What a load of horse crap, I roll my eyes every time I see this.  What happened to our momentum from last year making the playoffs?  Exactly, even if having momentum going into next season argument was true, It wouldn't matter for this team, a lot of changes are going to happen heading into next season.  2 new coordinators, at least 2 new offensive line men.  New defensive linemen.

No one is going to look back on he 2018 season and be like "Yeah 2018 was a bad season, but you remember those 3 games we won at the end?  Good times!"

2018 is a lost season and to make it even worse is we lost out on having a top 5 pick.

LOL at whiny tanker crowd, I love it!

Nobody loves draft picks more than I do.. But we need to learn how to win first.. That will help us more than drafting about 3 spots lower...  I've been looking at the first round. and trust me,,, The talent is the deepest I've ever seen.. And the talent is as good picking at 20 as it is picking at 10 ,, So no harm done,,  This win will help our team more than drafting 3 or  4 higher. 

GreggT and Artys Arryn like this

Ah **** that, I've enjoyed the last two weeks.  We need new coordinators, ST's coach, and some FAs and picks to fill some needs, this team is not as far off as some think and we're still going to pick between 10-15 where some good talent is. 

Falconsfan567 and Tim Mazetti like this

51 minutes ago, LookAboutFalcon said:

1997 we finished on a win streak.

10 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

Nobody loves draft picks more than I do.. But we need to learn how to win first.. That will help us more than drafting about 3 spots lower...  I've been looking at the first round. and trust me,,, The talent is the deepest I've ever seen.. And the talent is as good picking at 20 as it is picking at 10 ,, So no harm done,,  This win will help our team more than drafting 3 or  4 higher. 

Is that why the call you drafynut? Lol :)

Draftnut57 likes this

4 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Ah **** that, I've enjoyed the last two weeks.  We need new coordinators, ST's coach, and some FAs and picks to fill some needs, this team is not as far off as some think and we're still going to pick between 10-15 where some good talent is. 

I'm not sure the coordinators are the problem. 

1 minute ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

I'm not sure the coordinators are the problem. 

Well ,, I do happen to think our OC has lost this season for us.. it was very evident to me that was the problem.. I think it finnially dawned on him ,, thus the dramatic change today... and thus the win.. I now have mixed feelings about it,, if he has learned to keep the running game and plays like today,, I'm fine.. But if he don't change he dose need to be fired. IMO

Tim Mazetti and gazoo like this