Jump to content

Recommended Posts

22 minutes ago, usmcdirtybird said:

I like LJ Scott.  Who do you like

To be honest , I haven't looked much at the players coming out.. yet.. just once I  looking at the first rounders.. I try to wait till the season is over to get into it. But I'm hoping we first of all I'm hoping we can get a bigger DE,, Then take an OL in the second round.. or visevesa ,,, And then we need a couple of s DBs ,, and somewhere I would like to take another big back in latter rd. Just to make sure we are covered in that area. But when you take a back in latter rounds.. You may have to wait a couple of years for them to be ready for the NFL.. See Brian Hill ! :lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Draftnut57 said:

I'm hoping we will draft a Big Back in this coming draft.. But I still think Brian Hill has the potential to be a very good big back.. remember ,, he hasn't had to many reps starting.. So if we give him one more off season and let him play more next year. He could be a critical weapon when we make it to the playoffs next year.. I think we will, we have to much talent and I believe that TD will do what it takes to get this ship sailing in the right direction. If they let Hill go,, which I don't think they will,,  It would be a huge mistake.

We have to give him playing time in order for him to get better... I do still hope we draft another big back just to make sure we have one next season.. But Bryan should be kept. He just now ran the ball 60 yeards....  117 yards on 8 carries.!! Where are my critics now??? Hmmmmmmmm??? And yes , Carolina is trying there best to stop him.  :slick:

He showed up today. Definitely didn't tank. I saw what I needed to see. He confirmed the spot I have for him on my 2019 roster. Decent vision and speed. 6'-1" 220 pound big back that we even played at FB a couple times. Saves a pick. Free, Ito and Hill and I truly believe we're good at RB. Just need to find three OLinemen that can road grade the big boys we're gonna have to deal with to get what we want.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Falcon Man™ said:

Not even close. 

Snelling was a beast. 

There's a reason Hill was cut by 2 teams 

Snelling was definitely a beast. A Swiss Army knife. 

Hill looks to have the same same skill set. Smaller but quicker. 

I need to see more of his pass blocking and receiving but so far so good.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Falcon Man™ said:

Not even close. 

Snelling was a beast. 

There's a reason Hill was cut by 2 teams 

Snellling was indeed a beast who had versatility in all areas you look for in a RB...he could run, block, catch.  I don’t see any similarity in him and Brian Hill.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

He had two long runs, got stuffed a lot, fumbled, and had a boneheaded penalty on a good run, and we saw he is rather slow.  If he makes the team fine, but I'm more impressed with Ito.

This is the whole problem - Ito and Devonta are virtually identical in size and style and we really need a big back around to go with either or both of them.  I actually see us not even carrying a FB next year and instead using Hill as both an occasional FB and heavy RB.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, falcons007 said:

Next thread. Brian Hill will replace Freeman next year as starter. Brian hill had couple of good runs but couple of big dumb plays which impacted the team.

You hope mental errors can be coached out. It's hard to coach in talent. I'm not saying he has much, but at this point he has my attention at least. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Geneaut said:

You hope mental errors can be coached out. It's hard to coach in talent. I'm not saying he has much, but at this point he has my attention at least. 

I like what I saw but TATF has already anointed Brian Hill starter before he was cut last year. He looks raw to me. Teams get some film, they will shut him down.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

I like what I saw but TATF has already anointed Brian Hill starter before he was cut last year. He looks raw to me. Teams get some film, they will shut him down.

Well I just like to see young guys do well. My only question is was Carolina's heart in the game at that point? I'm trying not to read too much into it. 

Edited by Geneaut
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, jlrfalcon said:

This is the whole problem - Ito and Devonta are virtually identical in size and style and we really need a big back around to go with either or both of them.  I actually see us not even carrying a FB next year and instead using Hill as both an occasional FB and heavy RB.

If he could fill the FB need I wouldn't be against it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Geneaut said:

Well I just like to see young guys do well. My only question is was Carolina's heart in the game at that point? I'm trying not to read too much into it. 

I would love to see Brian Hill the next big thing at RB. However, he looked raw to me.  I wonder if Carolina cared at that point. Either ways if he can learn to block like FB, it will be huge.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, falcons007 said:

I would love to see Brian Hill the next big thing at RB. However, he looked raw to me.  I wonder if Carolina cared at that point. Either ways if he can learn to block like FB, it will be huge.

If like to see him catch some passes, and shown some pass protection skills before I'm ready for anything beyond mop up duty. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

He had two long runs, got stuffed a lot, fumbled, and had a boneheaded penalty on a good run, and we saw he is rather slow.  If he makes the team fine, but I'm more impressed with Ito.

Didn't get stuffed at all, made positive yardage on every touch. Not as giddy about his play as the OP, but he showed enough to be intrigued.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...