falcon22

Bruce Irvin

93 posts in this topic

He’s a solid rotational piece. I think he and Beasley sitting snaps at a 50/50 rate is fine. I like Takk on the other side with whomever they want in a bigger base DE set.

We need to blitz and scheme better and I think our defense will improve to Top 15 with guys returning...

I don’t want to pay Grady ridiculous $$$, so we shall see what happens, but I do like Grady, Crawford, Senat and a rookie stud next year...

I’ve seen enough from Oliver to cut Alford...Tru want be gone next year. His contract is not favorable.

Will be interesting to see what we do with Kazee, Neal, Allen, Poole...

Neasman and others can pound sound...

Ishmal got fat...

Duke is fine as a depth LB and I like Deion at WLB, Campbell at SLB...I actually think we could entertain a true MLB like #40 from LSU???

24 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

Meh. Dude sucked so bad when he was here.  I’d prefer someone in the draft late but I also believe in second chances & resurrecting ones career also.  So I’m neutral about it I think.

When he was here? He’s only been a falcon for a few weeks and has performed exceptionally well. You must be thinking about someone else

Flyin' In DC likes this

51 minutes ago, Matt_The Iceman_Ryan said:

He’s a solid rotational piece. I think he and Beasley sitting snaps at a 50/50 rate is fine. I like Takk on the other side with whomever they want in a bigger base DE set.

We need to blitz and scheme better and I think our defense will improve to Top 15 with guys returning...

I don’t want to pay Grady ridiculous $$$, so we shall see what happens, but I do like Grady, Crawford, Senat and a rookie stud next year...

I’ve seen enough from Oliver to cut Alford...Tru want be gone next year. His contract is not favorable.

Will be interesting to see what we do with Kazee, Neal, Allen, Poole...

Neasman and others can pound sound...

Ishmal got fat...

Duke is fine as a depth LB and I like Deion at WLB, Campbell at SLB...I actually think we could entertain a true MLB like #40 from LSU???

Agree with everything except Duke and Neasman. Duke is struggling on this level. Neasman could play for me. He went off today and has put two or three good games together. Great depth at SS in case Neal needs a few games or gets hurt again.

Irvin is definitely in my current off season re-tooling plan. If we can get him at a similar vet min contract like the one he's on with a $1.5M cap hit. Maybe go $2.0-2.5M. We need playmakers on defense. He's a playmaker.

Vandy, Stryka, stingbee and 7 others like this

18 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

When he was here? He’s only been a falcon for a few weeks and has performed exceptionally well. You must be thinking about someone else

Oh brother I thought this was a Hill thread LMAO!!  

I hope they keep Bruce he’s really showed up!  Def try to keep him In Atlanta!!  He’ll help in lots of ways!  

My bad fellas :doh:

17 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

Oh brother I thought this was a Hill thread LMAO!!  

I hope they keep Bruce he’s really showed up!  Def try to keep him In Atlanta!!  He’ll help in lots of ways!  

My bad fellas :doh:

Lol

HASHBROWN3 and Ergo Proxy like this

57 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Agree with everything except Duke and Neasman. Duke is struggling on this level. Neasman could play for me. He went off today and has put two or three good games together. Great depth at SS in case Neal needs a few games or gets hurt again.

Irvin is definitely in my current off season re-tooling plan. If we can get him at a similar vet min contract like the one he's on with a $1.5M cap hit. Maybe go $2.0-2.5M. We need playmakers on defense. He's a playmaker.

Agree with this augment to the quoted post. Possible Alford stays with restructured cap hit after his year performance but we definitely will cut if needed to invest in the lines and draft another corner round 3-4 if needed. Tru is fine. Neas as a box S is good depth. Duke is questionable and I’d rather have Ish back.

Same for Irvin, Vic on a prove it deal, and Grady to something reasonable (IMO well structured $15ishM average with money up front for his pockets; while we can flex his cap hit later in contract life)

Edited by Ergo Proxy

50 minutes ago, Macintez said:

Keep him... He wants to be here. Let him bring that ATL attitude to the Falcons because these country GA boys not getting it done.

Lol, okay.

32 minutes ago, red falcon said:

Probably means reed is gone.

I doubt that. Really play different positions if schemed correctly.

Reed is great depth and affordable.

2 hours ago, Lowndesfalc said:

Absolutely, Takk and Vic have started playing better since he's arrived. I'd be all in for a three year deal.

It’s a little concerning that it took an established vet for that to happen... as opposed to development from their dline coach.

Lowndesfalc likes this

3 hours ago, bossFALCON™ said:

Irvin and Beasley on a decreased rate would be great for our defense. Add in a top 15 DT and a healthy neal and we’re on a roll.

If we can keep em both for $18-20,000,000 total per year I’m down 

Lowndesfalc likes this