jlrfalcon

Who Do You Want the Falcons QB to Be in 2019? Realistically? In Your Dreams?

54 posts in this topic

Simple question for this board and the constant discussion over whether we need to change or can change our current QB or not - 

Who do you want the QB for the Falcons to be in 2019 in Realistic Terms (a particular upcoming rookie or pending FA or current backup)?

Who do you want the QB for the Falcons to be in 2019 in Your Dreams - you may would love to have Patrick Mahomes or Russell Wilson or Aaron Rodgers or another pretty fixed QB but his arrival in Atlanta would take an unprecedented trade?

23 minutes ago, jlrfalcon said:

Simple question for this board and the constant discussion over whether we need to change or can change our current QB or not - 

Who do you want the QB for the Falcons to be in 2019 in Realistic Terms (a particular upcoming rookie or pending FA or current backup)?

Who do you want the QB for the Falcons to be in 2019 in Your Dreams - you may would love to have Patrick Mahomes or Russell Wilson or Aaron Rodgers or another pretty fixed QB but his arrival in Atlanta would take an unprecedented trade?

To be honest, those particular questions matter little to me. In my dreams this teams goes on the field and executes to its potential for 60 minutes on a very regular basis (no team does it for 17 weeks). If this team did that, injuries and all, no one would be dreaming about talent. Talent is not the issue. Coaching and discipline have to improve. If they don't, two dream players won't matter. 

ATLSlobberKnockers likes this

Matt Ryan. The MVP who threw for 4000 yards 8 years in a row. Despite having Harry Douglas as a #1 one season and Leonard Hankerson as a #2 another season.  They best QB in falcons history and a 1st ballot HOFer once its all over.  

In a fantasy world,  I would take Pat Mahomes. He is the 2nd coming of A. Rod. Mobile guy with cannon arm and uncanny ability to make plays from any platform. 

I always find it amazing at how many gripes/complaints I see and hear about Ryan but never see an alternative mentioned.  Even if Mike Vick could still play, I would be amazed if the guy has half the speed of his playing days.

58 minutes ago, Stryka said:

Matt Ryan. The MVP who threw for 4000 yards 8 years in a row. Despite having Harry Douglas as a #1 one season and Leonard Hankerson as a #2 another season.  They best QB in falcons history and a 1st ballot HOFer once its all over.  

In a fantasy world,  I would take Pat Mahomes. He is the 2nd coming of A. Rod. Mobile guy with cannon arm and uncanny ability to make plays from any platform. 

Pat Mahomes is more Brett Favre than Aaron Rodgers IMO.

Just now, JerseyNo12 said:

Pat Mahomes is more Brett Favre than Aaron Rodgers IMO.

I think if you look at their ability to improvise in and out of the pocket. Ability to make every throw and the velocity they have along with it. Then you watch them go out and throw 40 tds vs 10 picks. Thats not Brett. Brett lead NFL history in picks. Was a scrambler but more gambler too. These guys dont make a lot of turnovers. 

4 minutes ago, Stryka said:

I think if you look at their ability to improvise in and out of the pocket. Ability to make every throw and the velocity they have along with it. Then you watch them go out and throw 40 tds vs 10 picks. Thats not Brett. Brett lead NFL history in picks. Was a scrambler but more gambler too. These guys dont make a lot of turnovers. 

Mahomes is a gambler. Watch his game against the Ravens. He's throwing the ball 40 yards downfield across his body into triple coverage. Mahomes has such a strong arm he thinks there isn't a window he can't fit the ball in.

⚡Slumerican⚡ likes this

18 minutes ago, Stryka said:

If Brett Favre would have played in this era that protects qbs he might not have thrown as many picks 

Halcon-1 likes this

12 minutes ago, Falcons_Frenzy said:

Realistically it's Matt Ryan and I'm perfectly fine with that. Greatest QB in Atlanta Falcons history. 

That's not very productive history, Atlanta has never been known for legendary quarterbacks 

Halcon-1 likes this

12 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

That's not very productive history, Atlanta has never been known for legendary quarterbacks 

Every NFL team was never known for legendary QBs until they got one.

Even without a ring, Ryan's numbers still hold quite a bit of weight as he moves into the top 10 in yards and tds.

Hopefully he pulls off an Elway type ending to his career.

JDaveG, rounz, Falconcheff and 3 others like this