JD dirtybird21

Report: Jarrett’s agent is asking for Donald money

111 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, mattyicefalcon said:

Absolutely,  he broke the bank and in my opinion Julio should have got paid more...hes the only reason Ryan's has crazy stats and pathetic defense.

Since opponents can score quickly on us....hes back outhere making up on his passing yards and T.Ds 

I love Matt Ryan...hes definitely ELITE Q.B but, now we have witnessed whats the state of the Q.BS team who got monumental deal without leaving anything to around.

Detroit

Packers

Falcons

Raiders 

49ers 

Cardinals ( Sam Bradford deal) 

Teams like Patriots,  Saints, Steelers, Ravens did not overpay their Supebowl Winning Q.bs....did they? And, see mostly all contenders year after year and with balanced rosters across.

I truly believe front office has totally failed us by ignoring trenches since 2012 especially on defensive side of ball.

Not sure how many meltdowns will it take for Falcons to see next 3 or 5 years of how NFL has evolving with young mobile, Q.Bs who are at an advantage becase of soo many rule changes which favors offense.

 

I thought Sam Bradford was the GOAT at QB. LOL

mattyicefalcon likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Vandy said:

Yea that’s good. But it seems like there is some truth to the original report. Not the number he’s seeking, but that possibly he and the Falcons are not close in negotiations. I personally think the franchise tag is coming. No way the falcons let him go

Vandy likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, youngbloodz said:

You obviously dont pay attention to TD if you think he will give Grady Donald money

It is Blank (with input from Quinn) that ultimately makes the decision on big-money extensions.  TD is just there to work out the details.

Both Blank and Quinn have a blind spot when it comes to players they personally like.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

They need to look Jarret & his agent straight in the eyes & tell them that he’s not in Aaron Donald’s league yet.  Therefore we cannot pay you for performance on that level.  Force them to show proof of that level of dominance.  They cannot.  Nor can any other DT in the league.  I love me some GJ & hope we lock this man up for at least 5 years though.

Just make the contract incentive-heavy. If he plays like Donald, he gets Donald-type money. If not, he's going to make considerably less.

HASHBROWN3 and Falconsin2012 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, youngbloodz said:

Free got the market going rate. And Julio isn't the highest paid reciever. Well of course he wants that. It would be stupid for him to not want it. The question is will he get it

No he wont get it, there’s no reasonable answer as to why you pay him like a top receiver but back to the post, Jarrett doesn’t even remotely have the same impact as Donald. The difference is simple... Teams have to gameplan for Donald, The team has to gameplan around Jarrett just for him to be effective. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, JeffAtl said:

It is Blank (with input from Quinn) that ultimately makes the decision on big-money extensions.  TD is just there to work out the details.

Both Blank and Quinn have a blind spot when it comes to players they personally like.

Uh huh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, caponine said:

No he wont get it, there’s no reasonable answer as to why you pay him like a top receiver but back to the post, Jarrett doesn’t even remotely have the same impact as Donald. The difference is simple... Teams have to gameplan for Donald, The team has to gameplan around Jarrett just for him to be effective. 

I agree with Jarrett. But I do love his game. I think he would be a lot better if we had a Quinnen Williams or Dexter Lawrence beside him

Vandy and jidady like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, jlrfalcon said:

Do you go into your boss's office and ask for a ridiculous pay increase?  In all likelihood, your boss says "let me think about it" or maybe immediately says "sorry I cannot do that" and points to his/her salary limits or budget.  It may have not hurt immediately to ask for it but in the long term, the boss is thinking about replacing you, shifting your work to others, or transferring you.

If you go into your boss's office with a reasonable pay increase, he/she is more likely to feel your pain and thinks of ways to pacify you and keep you around.  He/She also realizes a slight increase for you is not going to cause other co-workers to start complaining about not getting a raise if they find out.

It's a business. He wants to get paid big. 31 other teams wouldn't mind having him on their roster. He knows he's not going to get top dollar. That doesn't mean he should start at what everyone considers to be an acceptable amount. Meeting in the middle is much better for him asking for more at the start. He's a good player who wants to get paid just like everyone else. The difference between me in a scenario is I'm easily replaceable. A player of his caliber at his position in Atlanta would be much harder to replace. I get what you're saying though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I worry the least about our re-signing Jarrett of anyone on the roster. Dude is a Falcon through and through. He was born into the family. His dad was literally coming off a Pro Bowl season when Grady was born. He's one of us. And I look forward to the day when he gets voted into the Falcons Ring of Honor. He'll join his dad, who was a member of our FIRST Ring of Honor class.

God bless the Tuggle/Jarett family for what they've meant to our franchise.

Falcons_Frenzy likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, youngbloodz said:

I agree with Jarrett. But I do love his game. I think he would be a lot better if we had a Quinnen Williams or Dexter Lawrence beside him

You've locked in on the two guys who definitely help Grady the most, and it moves Senat to a depth piece, which would be phenomenal.

youngbloodz and Vandy like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Stray Dog THA GAWD said:

Did he see Donald's stats this year before asking for that sh*t? FOH.

This isn’t true so no he didn’t ask for it. 

Edited by falconsfan4life3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, jidady said:

You've locked in on the two guys who definitely help Grady the most, and it moves Senat to a depth piece, which would be phenomenal.

If I was gm those are my top 2 DTs for our Falcons. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PokerSteve said:

Just make the contract incentive-heavy. If he plays like Donald, he gets Donald-type money. If not, he's going to make considerably less.

Agreed. What’s important is that he’s made aware that his play is nowhere near equivalent to Aaron Donald’s play.

He knows this but they must go out of their way to help him understand that Aaron is being paid on another level because his play is in another level.

Aaron has also produced at a much higher level than his peers from his inception into the league.  

I must stipulate that I am by no means concerned over these contract matters whatsoever.  It’s wasted energy. It’ll be what it is when it’s all worked out by those whose profession it is to work out these details. 

He just needs to understand who he is vs who Aaron Donald is.  He’s definitely a guy we need to lock down as he is one heck of a player with a very bright future in this league. 

PokerSteve and kiwifalcon like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, youngbloodz said:

I agree with Jarrett. But I do love his game. I think he would be a lot better if we had a Quinnen Williams or Dexter Lawrence beside him

exactly , he needs another player to help him. Even putting christian wilkins ( which is a guy i really want ) by him, will help him but he doesnt have an impact on the game like Donald no matter what he does.

Edited by caponine
Vandy likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, PokerSteve said:

Just make the contract incentive-heavy. If he plays like Donald, he gets Donald-type money. If not, he's going to make considerably less.

How do incentive based contracts work with regards to the CAP?  At the beginning of the year you have no idea what he’s going to make… If he meets all is incentives do you get penalized for being over the cap?

Edited by Falconsin2012

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

How do incentive based contracts work with regards to the CAP?  At the beginning of the year you have no idea what he’s going to make… If he meets all is incentives do you get penalized for being over the cap?

If they are likely to be earned (player has reached them before or close), they count against the salary cap a the beginning of the year but if the player does not hit the required levels, the team gets the space back the following year.

If they are not likely to be earned (beyond player's normal stats), they do not count against the cap but the player can still earn them.  I never saw the details but suspect the Falcons gave Julio a bunch of these latter ones to pacify him to start 2018 - I have no idea what the levels would have been but might suggest why he would want to play these last few weeks.

Edited by jlrfalcon
Falconsin2012 and SeahawkFan80 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, caponine said:

exactly , he needs another player to help him. Even putting christian wilkins ( which is a guy i really want ) by him, will help him but he doesnt have an impact on the game like Donald no matter what he does.

Isn't Wilkins a DE?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stray Dog THA GAWD said:

Go home, Jarrett's agent.  You're drunk.

One other tidbit I don't think has been mentioned yet but heard on the radio Thursday is that Jarrett and Beasley have the same agent.

Is this agent going to make it a "both or nothing" situation where we don't get to keep Jarrett unless we do something with Beasley?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

seeing Grady IG.... i dont think he is to happy with the fake story that came out about him.

 

 

Again.. until you hear it from legit ppls.... Dont even run with it man.... Grady will be a falcon for life

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

Agreed. What’s important is that he’s made aware that his play is nowhere near equivalent to Aaron Donald’s play.

He knows this but they must go out of their way to help him understand that Aaron is being paid on another level because his play is in another level.

Aaron has also produced at a much higher level than his peers from his inception into the league.  

I must stipulate that I am by no means concerned over these contract matters whatsoever.  It’s wasted energy. It’ll be what it is when it’s all worked out by those whose profession it is to work out these details. 

He just needs to understand who he is vs who Aaron Donald is.  He’s definitely a guy we need to lock down as he is one heck of a player with a very bright future in this league. 

Yep, GJ has to accept the simple fact he's nowhere near as good as Donald, at least not now. I'm not worrying about any of these negotiations coming up either. That's one department TD is quite adept at handling. I'm sure he will get the most bang for our CAP space buck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

How do incentive based contracts work with regards to the CAP?  At the beginning of the year you have no idea what he’s going to make… If he meets all is incentives do you get penalized for being over the cap?

I'm pretty sure any incentives player's meet that puts the team over the CAP carries over and goes against next season's CAP. Maybe somebody more familiar with all the CAP intricacies than I am can chip in with the scoop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PokerSteve said:

Yep, GJ has to accept the simple fact he's nowhere near as good as Donald, at least not now. I'm not worrying about any of these negotiations coming up either. That's one department TD is quite adept at handling. I'm sure he will get the most bang for our CAP space buck.

Yup, love to draft a bad man next to him then rotate Senat who also has decent upside.

PokerSteve and Vandy like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now